Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

character slots

• 18 posts
    July 13, 2016 8:40 PM PDT

How many does one start off with? 

• 1303 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:51 AM PDT

It's probably way too early to get an answer to this question. But it's an interesting topic :) 

I love having a bunch of slots available, personally. Particularly when there are many races and classes, the combinations of which are fun to explore. I usually have 1 or maybe 2 characters that I level to max and that I really want to develop. But it's important to me to be able to start up many others to see how I like them. 

My original in EQ was a Paladin, which I played into the Kunark era. At some point I created a few alts, one being a necro and messed around with them all every so often. I really dont know how long it took. but several levels in the necro finally hooked me completely and it became my new focus, and I fell in love with the class. I really dont know if that would've happened had I not had the oppurtunity to explore multiple classes over time, not simply deleting one that didnt hook me immediately and starting another.

• 610 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:59 AM PDT

Hope it depends on the servery Type, with an RP or Hardcore server I hope there is only 1 slot

In a faction based PvP server I hope you can only have toons on 1 faction

A regular server I hope there are at least 5

What I would really like to know is if there is going to be a shared bank amonst your toons on a server

• 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:00 AM PDT

From what I can tell, for people that have pledged there will be at least 2 character slots (hence the "Additional character slot from the base knight pledge"). I can only assume that it stays at least 2 slots, or perhaps +1 for each higher tier (2Supporter, 3Champion, 4VIP) of pledge level. I hope there is some way via character level or accomplishment that opens up additional character slots to an account as they progress, though I am a person that sticks to one character "maybe" two, depending on circumstance.

• 109 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:36 AM PDT

glad im not the only one wanting to know. I'm not about to give out my second copy of the game till it is made clear lol. i also usually max out about 2 toons but i like to dabble with a few. I'd like to see at least 5 slots standard +1 for the knights pledge. but i'd also probably be willing to sacrafice a character slot for additional bank storage.. it always seems to be an issue on all the clients i play/ed on

• 613 posts
    July 14, 2016 9:16 AM PDT

I only need one!  LOL

Ox

• 763 posts
    July 14, 2016 10:23 AM PDT

I am between a rock and a hard-place here....

Since EQ i have sort of become an Alt-aholic....

With Pantheon I would hope it falls into the 'more than 1-2 but less than 8-10' at least initially.

There is hope with a number such as 4 that I may be able to feed my Alt-aholism enough to shut it up and let me play my Summoner Main most of the time :)

So... Summoner (Main), Enchanter, Cleric and Warrior as alts would be fine. Perhaps Wizzy if there were 5 slots?

• 432 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:09 PM PDT

I only need one!  LOL

Ox

Ditto Ox :)

-Todd

• 109 posts
    July 15, 2016 10:14 AM PDT

You get one, but you can purchase additional character slots at $15 each in the Pantheon Store. ;p

jk. (could be true tho lol) I am an alt-aholic so hopefully we get 47 character slots :P

• 1778 posts
    July 15, 2016 11:53 AM PDT
    They are indie dev. I wouldnt be shocked or hurt if extra slots were a cash service.
    • 180 posts
    July 15, 2016 12:03 PM PDT

I only want 2,  but I would be willing to pay for that 2nd slot if not included in the pledge.

• 109 posts
    July 15, 2016 12:27 PM PDT

shhhh stop telling them we'll invest in micropurchases like additional character slots. unless they go douche mode and give 1-2 slots... than i guess.. /angry face hahaha ;)

• 31 posts
    August 30, 2016 4:10 PM PDT

I personally hope we have five or six, or at least enough to allow you to have a main and an alt and try other classes.  I think it's a lot of fun to be able to create and try new classes. I find it really frustrating in the current games that only allowed one or two slots and then require you to buy more from a cash shop.  I think this discourages people from trying different classes.  So I personally hope we have at least a few slots..

Alex

• 316 posts
    August 30, 2016 5:20 PM PDT
    What was wrong with EQ's system? Why not have 8? Because we might be too tempted to alt? Mules? I loved being able to make a bunch of chars - why restrict it, if not for a means for VR to make $? That, I could understand if their financial situation really called for it.
    • 186 posts
    August 30, 2016 6:15 PM PDT

I personally like the idea of having 5 to start with, then +1 for every expansion. I would seriously doubt them doing anything with selling character slots, they already made it fairly plain that they were not going to do a cash shop didn't they?

• 21 posts
    August 31, 2016 3:34 AM PDT

Oxillion said:

I only need one!  LOL

Ox

same here (though 2 depending on crafting :P)

• 1468 posts
    August 31, 2016 7:05 AM PDT

I'd like to see about 8 character slots. Mainly because if you are crafting or doing epic quests your bank space soon fills up and you need to have a lot of characters to hold all of your items in bank space. EQ had it right. Give the players plenty of character slots so that they can try out a selection of characters. I started off playing a ranger in EQ but moved on to playing a necro after a couple of years of playing my ranger. If there was only 1 character slot I would never have known about the necro and I probably would have quit EQ about a couple of years earlier than I actually did.

• 96 posts
    August 31, 2016 7:10 AM PDT

Well...I always assumed it would be on the lower end of what everyone is projecting, simply because one of the perks of the funding packages is an extra character slot.

• 133 posts
    August 31, 2016 7:13 AM PDT

I vote 8 slots, please. In EQ it was 8 per server wasn't it? I usually need 1-3 for mains, but I love to try out different classes and on my home server.

• 147 posts
    August 31, 2016 9:32 AM PDT

One per server.

This post was edited by Obliquity at October 12, 2016 11:42 AM PDT
    • 243 posts
    August 31, 2016 4:43 PM PDT

Yeah its sort of hard to guess, since an additional slot is a perk, so I am guessing 3-5 per account.  If it is something like 8 then one more isn't really that much of a perk imo. :)

• 319 posts
    September 6, 2016 1:52 PM PDT

I am all for 5-6 slots. I hope that the standard rule of playing one char at a time  per account holds here. But mules are so needed in the crafting aspect of the game.

• 30 posts
    October 5, 2016 6:59 PM PDT

I suffer from alt-oism... Love to play different chars for different situation/moods, but primarily have one or two "mains".  I think mostly I love character builders and seeing the different races and classes. I would love to know what the official answer to this question is ^_^

What does the number of slots matter if they're not sold as a cash option? How we spend our play time is ours, right? 

This post was edited by Zaedria at October 5, 2016 7:02 PM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    October 12, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

I would of originally thought there would be 8 slots, but if they are selling extra slots as a bonus, it's not much of a bonus if you start with 8 or 10.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 12, 2016 6:31 AM PDT
    • 257 posts
    October 12, 2016 6:54 AM PDT

I believe their answer to this question was one character during Alpha/ Beta (with wipes) and undecided for release. With all the classes/ races available, and reffering to EQ1 and Vanguard, one can safely assume there will be at least several (my guess 5 to 8) slots.