Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Raid Targets - Triggered by rare drops

• 39 posts
    May 8, 2016 11:38 AM PDT

Amsai said:

FierinaFuryfist said: Amsai, Wolfsong is making an educated guess on what this game will entail based on the fact that it will pull heavily from old school EQ and Vanguard. He is then filtering further statements made by the devs thru that lens. He doesn't KNOW but he's got a pretty good idea. This topic did not evoke it but i have had the same question pop up on my head from some of the debates.

I get that. I do. But its just conjecture. But by the same token I could start with some major conjecture based off things Ive read and heard from Brad/Kilsin. Also the key difference here is you acknowledge a good bit of influence comes from VG. From what Ive read the way VG and EQ endgames worked were quite different in some cases, particularly early EQ. VG had lockouts and something that sounds like channels to me as well. Which is something some people are clearly against. And Im not saying he is necessarily wrong. But he states things as fact or as if they are a given, and he doesnt really know. He acts like I am trying to ruin the game. How does he know? I cant see how some of you arent seeing that. Again I am definitely not saying that I do know. I dont! But Im not gonna sit here and not defend myself when Im being made to look like the bad guy on an argument that in my mind is as clear as mud. Because there is enough vagueness and statements from devs for us to have come to different conclusions.

Do you mean the question of why am I here? Thats really unfair. Just because I dont agree with others doesnt mean I dont belong here. And just because I prefer that Pantheon have certain features or mechanics does not mean Ill quit/leave this game if they arent in. Ultimately Im still looking for an oldschool experience in a new game too. Can you blame me for trying to introduce ideas that will maximize that experience. And I dont know if youve looked around lately but thats a very very very small list(Pantheon, Project Gorgon, Saga of Lucimia..... thats it)

Don't worry about it man there will always be extremists on both sides and in your case it's people on here basically telling you that your not old school enough and are to intitled so go play WoW or something. Keep giving your feedback on everything you want because you have just as much right to as anyone else here. On topic though I am cool with lockouts, Item popped, and I also like the Idea of group epic quests that lead to awsome loot for said group.

• 106 posts
    May 8, 2016 12:51 PM PDT

Amsai said:

Do you mean the question of why am I here?

Not necessarily you but I have had it in response to a few of the statements made by a few posters in other threads.  Again this thread did not evoke that response from me towards anyone who has posted in it.

• 668 posts
    May 8, 2016 2:36 PM PDT

I already answered the OPs original question...  so therefore feel like I can add my two cents to some of these thread comments:

We are all here for a reason...  We are chasing the ultimate group play / social game that is truly open world and challenging.  A game we don't expect to be able to steamroll through, and naturally find ourselves completely immersed.  Reason??  There just isn't one out there in today's world!!

People need to stop judging others and pigeon holing people into categories.  We are ALL different, yet we are drawn here because we are trying to find a great game (with old values) that we can finally dump some serious time into.  When I say time, I not only mean daily time, but years in length.

So, not sure why everyone expects all forum members to share the exact same beliefs.  People are different period!  Some are nice, some are rude, some are neutral, and we all have many different, small preferences in games.  Learn to accept what other's like...  Just because something is stated, does NOT mean the Devs will automatically make it a part of the game.  They know what they are doing and have a solid plan. 

This post was edited by Pyye at May 8, 2016 2:41 PM PDT
    • 39 posts
    May 8, 2016 4:09 PM PDT

Pyye said:

I already answered the OPs original question...  so therefore feel like I can add my two cents to some of these thread comments:

We are all here for a reason...  We are chasing the ultimate group play / social game that is truly open world and challenging.  A game we don't expect to be able to steamroll through, and naturally find ourselves completely immersed.  Reason??  There just isn't one out there in today's world!!

People need to stop judging others and pigeon holing people into categories.  We are ALL different, yet we are drawn here because we are trying to find a great game (with old values) that we can finally dump some serious time into.  When I say time, I not only mean daily time, but years in length.

So, not sure why everyone expects all forum members to share the exact same beliefs.  People are different period!  Some are nice, some are rude, some are neutral, and we all have many different, small preferences in games.  Learn to accept what other's like...  Just because something is stated, does NOT mean the Devs will automatically make it a part of the game.  They know what they are doing and have a solid plan. 

Agreed, and honestly the sooner we get more definative answers on some of these talking points the better. Because from what I can tell all we know is that everything will be open world, other than that there is a lot left up in the air.

• 1778 posts
    May 8, 2016 5:09 PM PDT

FierinaFuryfist said:

Amsai said:

Do you mean the question of why am I here?

Not necessarily you but I have had it in response to a few of the statements made by a few posters in other threads.  Again this thread did not evoke that response from me towards anyone who has posted in it.

There have been a few that gave me that impression as well, like they dont really want old school things. I only ask for certain things that I think will help in the long run or things that might be a good middle ground (instances vs contested open world).

• 163 posts
    May 9, 2016 4:44 AM PDT

It's all good guys. Different strokes for different folks. No one's advocating for hand outs. Just making some suggestions for some content in a video game world that can appeal to people on a schedule.

This post was edited by Gadgets at May 9, 2016 4:44 AM PDT
    • 30 posts
    May 9, 2016 10:19 AM PDT

Amsai said:

You dont know how the game will end up, my ideas or any others are open for debate. Flec found a good quote, and that combined with some other things Brad has said/posted, lead me to believe there are probably gonna be some things that you will have to learn to live with. Just as there will probably be some things I will have to learn to live with as far as game mechanics. Surely you guys dont believe that every one of you will all be 100% happy with every aspect of this game? Hell there might be some things that one or 2 of you love and the rest of you hate. 

Amsai, if you liked that quote then you will probably LOVE this one:

Aradune said:

The only people I think this truly won't resonate with would be 1. those who truly do just want us to make an EQ emulator and 2. those who really don't want any newbies in Pantheon, who would be content to have Pantheon merely be a haven for those of you who've felt abandoned and orphaned by the newer MMOs.  If you fall into one or both of those categories, then I'm going to have to be really straight up with you:  Pantheon isn't want you think or want it to be.  Hopefully you think about all of this more and change your viewpoint.  But I'm going to stand firm on those two statements:  not an emulator, and not only for the old school gamer.

It is from Brads long reply in the Matchmaking thread from April 26 where the same people that are attacking you were attacking him over potential new features.