Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you play while you wait for Pantheon?

• 184 posts
    April 24, 2021 6:50 AM PDT
    If I’m being honest, the April alpha update (they made it pretty clear they just started truly building the game now and that alpha won’t be this year) really made me sit back and realize I need to look elsewhere for a while. So beginning of the month I hopped back into EQ! They have progression servers now; long story short they start from the beginning and slowly release expansions so it feels like the original game. Having so much more fun than I thought I would. They changed and added so many functions it’s different but still great fun. I’m Zuljan on the Aradune server. Also playing Diablo 3 in my down time, which also got some nice quality of life upgrades since I last played it 4 years ago
    • 332 posts
    April 24, 2021 9:53 AM PDT

I have been playing the following.

- ESO

- Magic The Gathering Arena (Mythic)

- Cyberpunk 2077 (just beat it)

- Civilization 6

• 33 posts
    April 24, 2021 12:23 PM PDT

Trying with Dragon Age Inquisition, but its so long since i played it im mostly just running around trying to understand what i missed that made me stop playing, as i was getting no progression. And just running around being totally clueless isnt very fun. But when that gaming itch gets me i play a little. Will drop it in a sec when Alpha comes.

• 413 posts
    April 24, 2021 4:06 PM PDT

Civization 6 is my goto to relax.

Balders Gate 3

PoE Dead Fire

Deep Rock Galactic is awesome CO-OP FPS Space Dwarf Spelunking adventure.  Truly a fun game all around.

This post was edited by Zevlin at April 24, 2021 4:10 PM PDT
    • 77 posts
    April 25, 2021 1:03 AM PDT

I don't think there's any point in waiting for Pantheon anymore.  There's too many good MMORPGS coming out this year and next. 

• 273 posts
    April 25, 2021 8:01 AM PDT

I'm more or less playing just Classic WoW these days. It's not only a game I love, it's the closest thing we have to an "old school" MMO without having to play on private servers with janky scripting, inept devs, or corrupt admins. With TBC Classic starting soon, my hope is that Pantheon will be in Alpha, and maybe entering Beta, by the time TBC Classic wraps up.

I've also been having a lot of fun with Last Epoch. It scratches that ARPG itch left by Diablo 2 in a way that other games like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn haven't been able to.

And I'm always starting up new games of Metroid.

• 119 posts
    April 25, 2021 3:19 PM PDT

No MMO at the moment, as find the modern ones too APM based, and the old ones I have exhasted or seem too complex starting from scratch.

PoE2 - Deadfire - after all the patches this is suprisingly better than the dull PoE1

CP 2077 (just finished) - Best 3D city in any game - the bits with Keano are fun -not too buggy on PC - however obvious loads was cut, and the combat is too samey / boring.

If I finish PoE2 before Solasta have Octopath Traveller lined up, but I expect I wont enjoy as I find most JRPG hard to get into.

Waiting on: Solasta / Pathfinder / BG 3

If Solasta expands its DM capabilities, I might dust off my old NWN module making skills and throw something out.

Also looking out for what is next up for Harebrained shemes , the new as yet unamed D&D strudio , the MS RPG studios (Obsidian, inXile and erm... I guess Berthesda).

• 114 posts
    April 25, 2021 3:28 PM PDT

Grambeaux 

I've played Divinity 2 twice and got bored halway through and I'm not sure why as its a good game and I usually love crpgs, but something is not clicking for me. Wastelands 3 character progression and loot leaves must to be desired, but the rest of the game is pretty bad ass.

Been playing the divinity series since their first one "Divine Divinity".  Maybe my tastes have changed but I've tried, a few times, to enjoy DOS and DO2 but found them boring.  My loss I know but genuinely I was so bored.  Was afraid to try WL 3 fearing I'd be bored too.  Someday on a steam sale I'll try WL 3.

Anyways : Playing   Synthetik , 7 Days to Die , a light/cold melee "Thor" Grim Dawn build , SCUM, Cyberpunk 2077 ride around the city kinda stuff while waiting on DLC.

This post was edited by valhalla at April 25, 2021 3:29 PM PDT
    • 20 posts
    April 26, 2021 2:13 PM PDT

valhalla said:

Been playing the divinity series since their first one "Divine Divinity".  Maybe my tastes have changed but I've tried, a few times, to enjoy DOS and DO2 but found them boring.  My loss I know but genuinely I was so bored.  Was afraid to try WL 3 fearing I'd be bored too.  Someday on a steam sale I'll try WL 3.

Anyways : Playing   Synthetik , 7 Days to Die , a light/cold melee "Thor" Grim Dawn build , SCUM, Cyberpunk 2077 ride around the city kinda stuff while waiting on DLC.

I think its because I like the D&D class system and progression much better than DoS2's system. It feels kind of meh to me and I also felt like I spent 50% of my game just running around even when your using the fast travel options. Got bored at almost the exact same spot both times *shrug*. I just didn't feel any connection to the characters I made, didn't care if they leveled or got phat loot.

This post was edited by Grambeaux at April 26, 2021 2:18 PM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 29, 2021 2:40 PM PDT

Grymmlocke said:

Not playin a damn thing myself. I tried getting back into ESO and BDO, but couldn't stand it. Also tried Age of Conan again, but the game just isn't the same any more.  I received a free copy of CyberPynk 2077, and tried it for awhile...just not my cup of tea.  I also have a free New World account. I played in the pre-alpha, and wasn't immpressed. Nothin but a gank fest at that early stage.  AWS has apparently got the message, and have remade the game into a more mmo like game. Guess I'll see in August ...barring further delays.  I'm also waiting on Balders gate 3 to have a full release vs the tidbits they keep releasing through Steam.  So, yeah, nuthin to play at this time.

you should try project gorgon , that eq vibe and graphical style really stratch that itch 

also you should really try out destiny 2 

never thought It Would be so addicting , very nice sci fi mmo FPS with that Halo feel since it's from Bungie game 

• 37 posts
    April 29, 2021 2:41 PM PDT

benaniel said:

Project Gorgon since 2018 ...

same here ...

i love project gorgon 

really I am addicted to destiny 2 also ... 

very nice game with endless playability 

• 724 posts
    April 29, 2021 6:44 PM PDT

Console quick chaos = battlefield 1.  Love the old WWI feel and the ability to try and manage an assault or defence at a moments notice.

Alyx and movement VR games. Space Pirate Trainer and Audio Shield get my heart rate up and requires me to stretch before getting into it.  VR becoming a true thing as I approach 50 feels like the luckiest break. Just when sitting around and gaming would start to really take a toll on the bod we get this new thing that can incorporate movement into gameplay.  Nice

• 23 posts
    April 30, 2021 7:45 AM PDT
    P99, wow classic, and dragonquest 11
    • 150 posts
    April 30, 2021 5:00 PM PDT

Kingdoms of Amalur. It's a shame that spears aren't even attainable by the player, given how common they are in the world, with one even being used as a MacGuffin later in the main quest. Missed opportunity.

Mount & Blade, Salt and Sanctuary, Turok.

• 41 posts
    May 2, 2021 7:58 PM PDT

Divinity Original Sin 2 and Valheim. Both are GREAT!

• 4 posts
    May 3, 2021 9:26 PM PDT

Testing out New World and like the above poster mentioned Valheim. 

• 122 posts
    May 3, 2021 9:27 PM PDT

I personally have been playing a lot of indie games.  Games like Darq, World of Horror, Ashen, and No Mans Sky.  Also been playing several Final Fantasy games.  Mainly been trying to learn how to make my own game though.

• 20 posts
    May 4, 2021 6:08 PM PDT

Morraak said:

I personally have been playing a lot of indie games.  Games like Darq, World of Horror, Ashen, and No Mans Sky.  Also been playing several Final Fantasy games.  Mainly been trying to learn how to make my own game though.

Nice! Indie games are my jam these days as AAA games just block game mechanics and content behind loot boxes and season passes. I still buy them but they need to be stupid good for me to even consider it. Have to check those games out haven't played even one of them!

• 65 posts
    May 5, 2021 7:17 PM PDT

I put 1500 hours into Project Gorgon, but have been taking a break for several months due to burn out. I really did enjoy the game and the community.  I put a hundred hours into Valheim, and currently am enjoying the Dungon of Nalheubeuk on steam. All good games, but nothing quite like EQ. 

• 6 posts
    May 6, 2021 3:05 AM PDT

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on a multiplayer Persistent World.

I have also tried out Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse, and New World.

However, these were only fleeting, and served to satiate the "hunger" for the time being, as now I have finally Pledged here.

• 37 posts
    May 9, 2021 2:27 AM PDT

Destiny 2 / outward / wreckfest  / everquest free to play 

• 409 posts
    May 9, 2021 2:53 AM PDT

Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Satisfactory & Valheim. (Mainly/currently. -- have many many games.)

This post was edited by Nimryl at May 9, 2021 2:58 AM PDT
    • 31 posts
    May 9, 2021 1:18 PM PDT

Nimryl said:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Satisfactory & Valheim. (Mainly/currently. -- have many many games.)

Just like Nimryl, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, the first one too occasionally, total war: warhammer II, For the King (nice indie game to play w/ friends), remakes (for instance I'm anxiously waiting for the Mass Effect remaster which should be out in a couple of days, and from time to time I indulge in some tretro gaming (I decided to play the Castlevania games from the first one :p)

This post was edited by Nolrach at May 9, 2021 1:20 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    May 12, 2021 9:53 AM PDT

Playing nothing for the last 2 years.  I'm building my own MMORPG instead... one tiny piece at a time... that will never be completed because I won't live that long.  Doing it mostly to better understand what goes into making a game of this scale.

• 413 posts
    May 14, 2021 2:12 PM PDT

I am liking "Amid Evil" right now.  Cool level designs and simple Hexen playstyle.  Sometimes I just want to kill some mobs.

This post was edited by Zevlin at May 14, 2021 2:13 PM PDT