Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you play while you wait for Pantheon?

• 125 posts
    May 17, 2021 5:35 PM PDT
    Got P1999 running a month ago, wish I had sooner. The installing was just a lil intimidating before I actually tried, only issue I had was opening the client as admin doesn’t work(weird right?). Patching is as easy pasting copied files and clicking “replace all”.

If you don’t know it’s a platinum emulator with a good population that locks at velious. Classic exp and corpse runs.

There’s three servers, Blue is 10+ years old, Green might get velious late summer and Red. Obviously Red is pvp, that’s where I play it’s low pop but it seems like everyone knows everyone.
    • 8 posts
    May 20, 2021 6:44 AM PDT

I'm having a lot of fun with Wildermyth.  Party-based storytelling mixed with turn-based combat.  Unique and beautiful.

Also sometimes Battletech, Talisman and Blood Bowl II (all through Steam, though I did tabletop when I was younger).

• 220 posts
    May 23, 2021 11:43 AM PDT

currently started playing black desert online UNFORUNTITLY.....dont worry i dont spend real money, i just hated when cash shop pop-up in my face taking 98% of my screen every login

• 520 posts
    August 2, 2021 7:32 AM PDT

Recently I've finished Thief serie and two days ago I started Metal Gear/Solid series - classics that I've played only some parts of till now and finally got to know the whole stories!

• 41 posts
    August 6, 2021 7:30 AM PDT

Adrenicus said:

Currently - Football Manager 2021

Looking forward to - Solasta: Crown of the Magister (next month), Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous (summer), Baldurs Gate 3 (likely 2022), Ashes of Creation

I will try New World if my PC can run it but I don't think its for me.. and I will likely give CorePunk a whirl too if I've nothing else going on

I just played the New World beta for 70 hrs on an 8 year old rig and had no performance issues. The game looked great too. Funny enough, it seems players with higher end PCs had more technical issues including the black screen of death. And there's the whole 3090 debacle. I'm still rockin a quad core with a GTX 1080. No issues for me.

• 5 posts
    August 9, 2021 6:46 PM PDT

I will be playing New World while waiting. I really enjoyed the beta.

• 65 posts
    August 10, 2021 8:54 PM PDT

Vioarr said:

I will be playing New World while waiting. I really enjoyed the beta.

I just read on their steam forum that "hundreds of thousands" of people played on the closed beta in July. How does this MMO compare to EQ, Vanguard, and Pantheon? 

This post was edited by phil85 at August 10, 2021 8:56 PM PDT
    • 5 posts
    August 11, 2021 1:01 PM PDT

While I had almost as much fun as when I played EQ beta 23 years ago or so the game is different.

It is pve and pvp. you flag PvP if you like. reminded me of DOAC with all realms together instead of the seperate areas.

No classes. You can build the class that fits you. You can use and level all weapons. For magic think Gandolph and his staff.

Combat takes some skill. You have to move block,dodge etc. You can have 2 active weapons and can switch between then during combat.Each weapon can have 3 active skills along with basic light and heavy attacks however you do not just keep clicking until the mob is dead. You can also get a bit of distance and tab switch to a 3rd weapon. there are different ways mix and match and use armor.

You pick the weapon skills you like. Each weapon has 2 skill trees and you can not get all skills. You can respec your toon if you don't like what you have built. All action help you level. Crafting, quests,gathering,fishing fighting etc all earn xp that leads to a level. as you level a weapon you earn poits to then add skills to that weapon. You pick the attributes you want to focus on. When you level you earn attribute points.

Range weapons are cool but are not for everyone. You must aim the bow and musket. If you are good with FPS games you will like them. If not then you might avoid them and use magic weapons for range and pulling. targeting is more forgiving. I found zerging through anpc camp with one or more other peop-le much better than camp and pull. The mob AI iis a bit different than EQ because the game is desighned so that you can solo. I like this feature so if you only have a limited time to play you don't spend all your time lfg

• 65 posts
    August 11, 2021 8:39 PM PDT

It sounds like I should play New World on my PS5 with a console controller. That's how I played the Dark Souls series and other similar games. 

• 5 posts
    August 11, 2021 9:12 PM PDT

Players were talking about just that on chat. They also compared the the combat to Dark Souls.

• 33 posts
    August 12, 2021 7:51 AM PDT

Elder Scrolls Online

Destiny 2

Outriders

working my way through various Assassin's Creeds, currently playing Origins

Asgards Wrath VR

Final Fantasy 7 remake

And I'll be picking up Last of Us 2 in the near future.

• 219 posts
    August 13, 2021 2:24 AM PDT

eunichron said:

I'm more or less playing just Classic WoW these days. It's not only a game I love, it's the closest thing we have to an "old school" MMO without having to play on private servers with janky scripting, inept devs, or corrupt admins. With TBC Classic starting soon, my hope is that Pantheon will be in Alpha, and maybe entering Beta, by the time TBC Classic wraps up.

I haven't ever played it, but wouldn't FFXI (NOT 14...11) be that?  As I understand it, it's an old school MMO that is still going and more or less still supported.  They might be planning some kind of resurgence or something for this next year (rumormill abounds, but who knows)

As for me, not playing a lot of things, but I'm playing FFXIV some and Planets.Nu (VGAPlanets from the 90s, just as a web game/site now...which is pretty old school).  Playing Borderlands and Baldur's Gate (depending on moods) with 2 friends a lot lately as well. 

• 18 posts
    August 15, 2021 9:12 AM PDT

Been playing a hardcore first person shooter called "Escape from Tarkov", pretty much addicted to that and it's all I play right now. 

• 1279 posts
    August 15, 2021 10:02 AM PDT

I've been playing Valheim with my kids.  Pretty fun way to spend a couple hours with the kids (12 and 10), and a great way to teach them that not all games are so forgiving haha.  You travel in a boat for an hour then die...you have to build a new boat and travel back that hour to get your stuff!!  There's no "oops, undo" button!  It's also been a challenge trying to teach them what kinds of behaviors to practice while playing games.

Other games have been RUINED by Pantheon!  I played P99 for a bit, got to level 20ish but it was basically a solo game so I lost interest.  Tried Divinity 2 for a bit, but...solo game, got bored, haha.  Played some New World while it was avialable but, SOLO GAME!  Got bored ;)  (ok, I admit I didn't give it a ton of time, I'm sure late/end game is not a solo game, but it sure starts out that way).

• 5 posts
    August 15, 2021 11:10 AM PDT

It  can be a solo game. That is something that I liked. I could pop in when time premitted and do something meaningful like craft or gather gain  exp and then leave. I stumbled upon a named Boar hidden away deep in the woods when I was looking for iron to mine. I found it very cool that even at a very low level I could stumble upon something I wasn't expecting that was at my level. However I am easily amused.

• 1019 posts
    August 15, 2021 1:51 PM PDT

Chess.com

Banished

Medieval Dynasty 

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

State of Decay 2

(Will pick up New World)

• 612 posts
    August 15, 2021 7:37 PM PDT

Ranarius said: "I've been playing Valheim with my kids."

I'm still playing Valheim too. There is just something about this game that keeps me playing even though I've already defeated all the Forsaken in a dozen or so playthroughs. The Mining part can get pretty old after a while though, but I love starting up a new world seed and going on the explore again and again.

The only thing I haven't yet done is a playthrough with a group of people. Some of my friends picked it up but only played with me a few times and then moved on to other things or got busy with life stuff and so we never got very far. If any of you would like to play through as a group, I'm willing to host a full time server.

• 3 posts
    August 16, 2021 10:56 AM PDT
    Currently in WoW TBCC as much as I hate to say it. I found a real good group of friends in WoW Classic and we formed a tight knit guild. We’re open to moving to another mmo but getting an entire guild to switch games is easier said than done. Plus I’m sure a lot of you know what’s it’s like trying to switch out of an mmo you’ve grown so attached to.

We focus on Wpvp and arena/battlegrounds mainly. If anyone has any suggestions for a group like that I would love to hear them!
    • 33 posts
    August 19, 2021 6:02 PM PDT

Mostly just with myself.

• 394 posts
    August 19, 2021 6:04 PM PDT

Well that wont change once Pantheon is out....

10 years later and I'm still playing Swtor but I am a giant Kotor fan.

• 65 posts
    August 22, 2021 2:31 PM PDT

Grime said: Got P1999 running a month ago, wish I had sooner. The installing was just a lil intimidating before I actually tried, only issue I had was opening the client as admin doesn’t work(weird right?). Patching is as easy pasting copied files and clicking “replace all”. If you don’t know it’s a platinum emulator with a good population that locks at velious. Classic exp and corpse runs. There’s three servers, Blue is 10+ years old, Green might get velious late summer and Red. Obviously Red is pvp, that’s where I play it’s low pop but it seems like everyone knows everyone.

I played on the Blue server years ago when it was the only server. I started not long after it was online, as EQ classic was the only option and many people were lower levels. I was amazed at how similar the feeling was to when I first started EQ in 1999. It wasn't quite the newbie daze, but it was as close as possible. Making friends and grouping was just like the old days. Camping and raiding were back. It was deja vu in a good way. 

After many months of playing, things got crowded and contentious with top tier content. Poop socking was big and grieving was common in these areas. I eventually had enough of that behavior and quit. I hope it's better now. I still have a level 65 enchanter and 62 necro there- unless they delete them after a while. 

This post was edited by phil85 at August 22, 2021 2:32 PM PDT
    • 393 posts
    August 22, 2021 8:39 PM PDT

A little bit of ESoL and a little bit of EQ.

• 145 posts
    August 23, 2021 6:49 AM PDT
    Ck3 love this game historical grand strategy with great rng play cod black ops with friends although the only mode I love is sticks and stones kingdom come deliverance ghosts of tsushima rocket league and many more I tried ff14 but its not for me it has great things about it just didn't like it
    • 223 posts
    August 23, 2021 7:27 PM PDT

Sadly, mostly work :( I try to squeeze the odd game in when I get a chance.

• 69 posts
    August 24, 2021 10:45 AM PDT

Lately it has been Magic the Gathering : Arena.  Just made mythic this season so naturally I'm entirely burned out on this game again.

Overwatch.  It's a good pallete cleanser after a loss streak in MTG.

Tried the new Back 4 Blood, was disappointed.  Got my eye on BF2042.