Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you play while you wait for Pantheon?

• 20 posts
    November 5, 2021 6:53 AM PDT

phil85 said:

I started playing Pathfinder: Wraith of the Riteous a few weeks ago. It's a party based D&D game with 3rd person view. It's pretty old school, which I love.  You can play turn based or real time with pause. It's pretty easy to play, but hard to master. There are seemingly endless ways to build your party and you can respec all your characters as often as you like. Each character has endless builds by itself. You can multiclass many times or not at all. There are so many classes and subclasses to choose from, it's a bit overwhelming at first. I like the gameplay and paceing. It's not a short game by any measure. You can crank the difficulty up or down, and it does make for better gameplay IMO. It's my first Pathfinder game, and I'm a big fan now.

Did a run in Kingmaker myself and was pretty fun! Will try wrath out at some point as it looks even better. I'm surprised this thread is still going and has the second most veiws which is wowzer. Keep it up folks!

• 125 posts
    November 5, 2021 5:10 PM PDT

Grambeaux said:

phil85 said:

I started playing Pathfinder: Wraith of the Riteous a few weeks ago. It's a party based D&D game with 3rd person view. It's pretty old school, which I love.  You can play turn based or real time with pause. It's pretty easy to play, but hard to master. There are seemingly endless ways to build your party and you can respec all your characters as often as you like. Each character has endless builds by itself. You can multiclass many times or not at all. There are so many classes and subclasses to choose from, it's a bit overwhelming at first. I like the gameplay and paceing. It's not a short game by any measure. You can crank the difficulty up or down, and it does make for better gameplay IMO. It's my first Pathfinder game, and I'm a big fan now.

Did a run in Kingmaker myself and was pretty fun! Will try wrath out at some point as it looks even better. I'm surprised this thread is still going and has the second most veiws which is wowzer. Keep it up folks!

You absolutely must play Wrath. Fantastic game - the crusade management is a hit or miss but there is the option to turn it off

• 150 posts
    November 6, 2021 1:24 AM PDT

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

120+ levels in and only just now beginning to feel more aware of what all can be done with certain vocations. If you haven't played, it's worth the time investment. But imo, avoid reading any guides or reviews and just dive right in.

Starting out, I remember assuming that every piece of gear needed a boss drop to be upgraded three stars, but was pleasantly surprised that, no, sometimes all it takes is a gathered item found in everyday travels. And yet all of it keeps to a certain theme so the process never feels lopsided. Laurel circlet upgrades with king bay leaves. Summery cowl? Sweet pollen. Chilling daggers? Glacial rectrix. Incognito mask? Shrouds. Even if the upgrading process gave zero info about the necessary mats, it would still be possible to do a bit of guesswork and figure out what all went with what. Solar providence? Large staff with a prominent gilded sun mounted on one end...upgrades with a bunch of sunbright flowers. And then rusty weapons, which seemed worthless at first, but then once upgraded applied a permanent poison/torpor effect. Such a relief to find one or two were kept in storage even though they seemed to have no use. I only kept hold of a few because, already from early on, the gameplay suggested that nothing was without a purpose, obvious or not.

Bitter Black Isle is an absolute thrill, even when farming unpurifieds to gain access to a needed weapon or augment. First time my character backtracked through cleared rooms/halls it was without the slightest concern for safety, using up lots of stamina, only to stumble upon a new arrival, one very hard-hitting beast apparently drawn to the location out its own hunger, for all the carnage left there. The whole area is a playground for Magick Archers, but other vocations have their OP moments there as well. First encounter with a cursed dragon, its noxious breath attack spoiled all of my consumables. Killed it with a Fighter, which took forever. Dragon's Maw has such a satisfying attack animation though, not to mention the damage and knockdown potential, plus the i-frames. If a wyvern swoops down with windblast, its damage/effect is entirely negated while using Maw. Better still, big old wyvern just gets stopped in mid-air and abruptly falls to the ground, the melee attack having clipped its tail. Who says you need ranged weapons or jumping attacks? So many other nuances involved with certain abilities. Even just hacking away at the head of a dragon corpse can result in additional drops. Sniping crows, eggs and small pouches of coin are sometimes left behind; coin seemed odd at first, but then of course crows do collect shiny things. Half the fun of defeating foes is seeing what all they can drop, and not necessarily in terms of best in slot either. Skeleton brutes drop skeleton keys? How convenient. Stingiest maneater so far dropped a single gold ore and a rock. It took so much health and stamina to kill too, and my pawn bit the dust, but then that didn't seem unfair. It was frustrating but also kind of funny. The difficulty level versus those things was high, mostly because of my ignorance and unwillingness to think outside the box. Then a new use for throwblasts was found and now my character never does BBI without at least a dozen. At one point, a quest had me searching all over BBI for these macabre statuettes; a specific statuette required climbing up a wall fountain. After finally realizing the only way up was to grab onto the sole piece of exposed stonework, I was suddenly confronted with the water...pouring directly into my character's face as they dangled there, hanging on. Whether the creators intended for the awkward position or not, it was amusing enough to leave my character like that for a good minute or so, just to watch them appear to chug down the healing water. All of these little additions add layers of charm to the world, so much so that it doesn't need to impress as much in other ways; thankfully it still manages to and then some.

Still nowhere near finished with DDAA, but highly recommended. The amount of visible gear options, plus the opportunity to dragonforge anything, leaves so much room for fashionquest. Just need a few more vocations, namely bard, and a little bit fleshing out of the Fighter/Warrior vocation. Otherwise, one hell of a game.

This post was edited by Leevolen at November 6, 2021 3:59 AM PDT
    • 223 posts
    November 6, 2021 6:14 AM PDT

Dragons Dogma, especially Dark Arisen, is amazing.

I can't wait for #2.

• 258 posts
    November 6, 2021 7:24 AM PDT

I'm currently playing World of Warcraft. I think right now FFXIV is where it's at.

I have a level 63 SAM if anyone wants to chill some time. I'd prefer be a group of 5 at least >:)

• 36 posts
    November 7, 2021 8:36 AM PST

Actually been playing original EQ! Go figure... :)

• 223 posts
    November 7, 2021 3:27 PM PST

Finished Dungeon Encounters recently, it's alright.

Now onto Lost Judgement. 

Trying to fight off P99 urges.

• 4 posts
    November 8, 2021 5:17 AM PST

Where are ya'll playing EQ? I just started introducing my 9 year old to EQ and it's going better than I expected!

• 3 posts
    November 8, 2021 11:29 AM PST

Im revisiting old characters in EQ1 on Vox and im playing GW2 when im not on EQ. Have a WoW account that i occasionally visit and grind endgame stuff but the grind for decent gear kills me after a while.

• 394 posts
    November 8, 2021 3:42 PM PST

Playing back through all the Fatal Frames since last month.

• 258 posts
    November 8, 2021 7:50 PM PST

Just started playing CS:GO (free edition). It's a lot of fun so far