Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you play while you wait for Pantheon?

• 1 posts
    August 24, 2021 11:49 AM PDT

Until New World launches properly, it's back to DDO for me :(

• 41 posts
    August 25, 2021 6:42 AM PDT

MOBA:  Smite

Hero Shooter:  Paladins

MMO:  GW2's newest expansion.  New World.  I'm also thinking about trying EverQuest, having never played it back in the day.  

- Giskard

• 8 posts
    August 25, 2021 7:07 AM PDT

Is anyone playing on the newest EQ server, Mischief, which opened in May?  I started a few weeks ago, it's a time lock progression server (the second expansion Velious just released) and on this server they've randomized the loot tables, so those coveted extremely rare items that were 24/7 camped are now dropping randomly from different rare mobs.  It's been pretty fun so far, just revisiting the old zones and grouping up, though it seems easier then I remember with many ubertwinks and multiboxers around.  Still, the closest to classic EQ available these days.  Anyway, my cleric main is Syrinx, if anyone is on there send me a tell.

• 334 posts
    August 27, 2021 8:00 AM PDT

Dark Souls 1/2/3, New World, PUBG, CS:S, Baldur's Gate 3 when it releases.

• 37 posts
    August 27, 2021 2:33 PM PDT

Grymmlocke said:

Not playin a damn thing myself. I tried getting back into ESO and BDO, but couldn't stand it. Also tried Age of Conan again, but the game just isn't the same any more.  I received a free copy of CyberPynk 2077, and tried it for awhile...just not my cup of tea.  I also have a free New World account. I played in the pre-alpha, and wasn't immpressed. Nothin but a gank fest at that early stage.  AWS has apparently got the message, and have remade the game into a more mmo like game. Guess I'll see in August ...barring further delays.  I'm also waiting on Balders gate 3 to have a full release vs the tidbits they keep releasing through Steam.  So, yeah, nuthin to play at this time.

why not just play EQ1?

at first I thought it would be soulless with daybreak games running it ( I have been in your shoes and forced myself to play ESO on & off for 7 years but it just feel so dull and generic )

But after 20 mins of getting adjusted I'm hooked all over again after a 18 years absence to the game 

They managed to keep the light on with a nice balance between old school hardcore and more approachable for new users 

no more CR but still needs to walk a bit when a group wipe out 

• 223 posts
    August 27, 2021 7:21 PM PDT

Currently my PS5 is my gaming rig, currently playing Hades, next the new Judgement once it's out!

• 65 posts
    August 29, 2021 5:03 PM PDT

Syrinx said:

Is anyone playing on the newest EQ server, Mischief, which opened in May?  I started a few weeks ago, it's a time lock progression server (the second expansion Velious just released) and on this server they've randomized the loot tables, so those coveted extremely rare items that were 24/7 camped are now dropping randomly from different rare mobs.  It's been pretty fun so far, just revisiting the old zones and grouping up, though it seems easier then I remember with many ubertwinks and multiboxers around.  Still, the closest to classic EQ available these days.  Anyway, my cleric main is Syrinx, if anyone is on there send me a tell.

Closer than P1999? When I played it was pretty hard core like EQ 1. 

• 65 posts
    August 29, 2021 5:05 PM PDT

henrycc265 said:

Grymmlocke said:

Not playin a damn thing myself. I tried getting back into ESO and BDO, but couldn't stand it. Also tried Age of Conan again, but the game just isn't the same any more.  I received a free copy of CyberPynk 2077, and tried it for awhile...just not my cup of tea.  I also have a free New World account. I played in the pre-alpha, and wasn't immpressed. Nothin but a gank fest at that early stage.  AWS has apparently got the message, and have remade the game into a more mmo like game. Guess I'll see in August ...barring further delays.  I'm also waiting on Balders gate 3 to have a full release vs the tidbits they keep releasing through Steam.  So, yeah, nuthin to play at this time.

why not just play EQ1?

at first I thought it would be soulless with daybreak games running it ( I have been in your shoes and forced myself to play ESO on & off for 7 years but it just feel so dull and generic )

But after 20 mins of getting adjusted I'm hooked all over again after a 18 years absence to the game 

They managed to keep the light on with a nice balance between old school hardcore and more approachable for new users 

So what else did they change? I wasn't a big fan of 3 hours CR's myself, but too many changes could be a bad thing. Who is running this EQ1 show? 

• 65 posts
    September 5, 2021 3:53 PM PDT

Syrinx said:

I was tempted to check it out a few days ago. What I found seemed to be a big cash shop. Some people complained of uber twinks all over the place and the starting zones being empty. I was scared away after that.

This post was edited by phil85 at September 5, 2021 3:54 PM PDT
    • 233 posts
    September 18, 2021 5:30 AM PDT

My standaards are too high to enjoy any mmos out now, besides wow tbc which i havent played in month since i wuit wow, i havent played anything in over a year.

New world is very fun and will be my main MMO along with Pantheon.

Im playing ashes but i think it will fail for me, too many bad patterns already.

• 49 posts
    October 1, 2021 1:09 PM PDT
    For calm farming and heavy grinding I'm playing TerraFirmaCraft Plus.

For intellectual stimulation I'm playing satisfactory.

For more grind and a sense of wonder and to appease my inner Graphics whore I'm playing Elite dangerous. Which also happens to satisfy my very occasional and low key shootey shootey tendencies.
    • 3852 posts
    October 1, 2021 5:57 PM PDT

"New world is very fun and will be my main MMO along with Pantheon."

One character per server. Only two per geographic area. Names taken on one server cannot be used on any other so before the American servers were even open almost all popular names were gone. Action combat so that if the player has slower reflexes or poorer vision the character is toast no matter how good its gear and abilities are. Most of the content either pvp or tied in to pvp. I hope you enjoy it - I know I didn't.

• 363 posts
    October 2, 2021 11:21 PM PDT
    Diablo 2 Resurrected has been a lot of fun for me over the past week, and Tibia always scratches the MMO itch for me too. I consider Tibia my main MMO over the last few years. Nothing else feels challenging enough.
    • 125 posts
    October 3, 2021 2:26 AM PDT

For anyone interested in CRPGs - Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous is very enjoyable thus far (just get past the annoying crusade mechanic which has replaced kingdom management from 1st game)

• 2752 posts
    October 4, 2021 9:23 AM PDT

dorotea said:

"New world is very fun and will be my main MMO along with Pantheon."

One character per server. Only two per geographic area. Names taken on one server cannot be used on any other so before the American servers were even open almost all popular names were gone. Action combat so that if the player has slower reflexes or poorer vision the character is toast no matter how good its gear and abilities are. Most of the content either pvp or tied in to pvp. I hope you enjoy it - I know I didn't.

I've been having a great time with it so far, way more than I ever thought I would. /shrug

• 945 posts
    October 9, 2021 8:52 PM PDT

Playing EQ til Pantheon releases.

• 37 posts
    October 11, 2021 8:30 PM PDT

phil85 said:

henrycc265 said:

Grymmlocke said:

why not just play EQ1?

So what else did they change? I wasn't a big fan of 3 hours CR's myself, but too many changes could be a bad thing. Who is running this EQ1 show? 

thats why i said they  managed to keep the lights on with a nice balance between old school hardcore and more approachable for new users without breaking the EQ charm

i was just starting on the progression quest in Empire of Kunark,  EverQuest's 23rd expansion. launched  on Wednesday, November 16, 2016

i think as a rehash it was done pretty nice, dreadland has changed to a different name since that world was destroyed , but when i first entered i just have a feeling that it is dreadland , 

sadly dont have new KC rehash version tho , i know nothing can compare to the old world the original team had created , 

you should just try it out yourself , 25/27 expansion pack are totally free for you to explore and play with 

• 801 posts
    October 14, 2021 6:05 AM PDT

New World, Crowfall <--- not really digging Crowfall, Its a 200 player game now. EQ 1 i wont play again its been 23 years solid, and i finally retired.

On the good note its been almost 10 full years soon that Pantheon has been first talked about.

• 273 posts
    October 15, 2021 4:48 AM PDT

Played New World during alpha and beta. It's trash.

Recently went back to Last Epoch, and it's been great. Even though it's still in beta and very unfinished, EHG has demonstrated they know how to take player feedback and turn it into constructive changes for the game. I really love what they're doing, and it's the most fun I've had in an ARPG since Diablo 2.

• 3852 posts
    October 29, 2021 4:22 PM PDT

After another bunch of years in LOTRO I went back to EQ2 again and maybe because it is a change of pace find myself happier there than in LOTRO. Spouse has abandoned LOTRO for real life - whatever that is. Having become the number two elected official in our town - blech a politician I take baths 3 times a day now and still feel unclean - it would be 5 times a day but at least its a non-partisan position.

This post was edited by dorotea at October 29, 2021 5:12 PM PDT
    • 438 posts
    October 29, 2021 6:26 PM PDT
    “Having become the number two elected official in our town - blech a politician I take baths 3 times a day now and still feel unclean - it would be 5 times a day but at least its a non-partisan position.”

Better make it 5. Dang politicians
    • 65 posts
    October 29, 2021 10:54 PM PDT

I started playing Pathfinder: Wraith of the Riteous a few weeks ago. It's a party based D&D game with 3rd person view. It's pretty old school, which I love.  You can play turn based or real time with pause. It's pretty easy to play, but hard to master. There are seemingly endless ways to build your party and you can respec all your characters as often as you like. Each character has endless builds by itself. You can multiclass many times or not at all. There are so many classes and subclasses to choose from, it's a bit overwhelming at first. I like the gameplay and paceing. It's not a short game by any measure. You can crank the difficulty up or down, and it does make for better gameplay IMO. It's my first Pathfinder game, and I'm a big fan now.

• 23 posts
    October 30, 2021 1:42 AM PDT

I've currently got zero plans in terms of anything to play at the moment. I've was originally considering to play New World which I did during the Beta, but I've since not picked the game up since launch which does feel like a bit of a bullet dodged.

Personally, I've been tapping in/out of Final Fantasy XIV and Old School Runescape every so often, as it keeps me slightly busy in the meanwhile but is still not as refreshing as a new project might be.

Otherwise, my personal focus is on Back4Blood at the moment and potentially jumping into Baldurs Gate 3 now that there have been more fotix and releases since I originally got it! 

• 295 posts
    October 30, 2021 5:48 PM PDT

I'm playing Guild Wars 2. It is a fun game to enter and adventure in the world for an hour or two. I'm also getting back into my second love(after MMOs), RTS games. Starcraft 2 and Supreme Commander. I also log onto Diablo 3 when the mood hits me.

• 86 posts
    November 4, 2021 10:17 AM PDT

D2R, always loved D2

New World is just a shell of an MMO, it feels like playing a demo, everything is repetitive and there is nothing to do besides PvP.