Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you play while you wait for Pantheon?

• 20 posts
    April 21, 2021 9:55 AM PDT

Hi there, while I patiently wait for Pantheon alpha/release to test/play the game I got genuinely curious what other folks here are playing or looking forward too while we pass the time. Since this is the Pantheon forum I figured we'd all share some similarities in games that we play and some major differences. So toss me some ideas as I'm always looking for new things to do! Here are many of the games I've been playing or finished.

Dead By Daylight - Been playing this game since release and there isn't really anything else like it. Game isn't perfect by any means, but the gameplay loop is satisfying and fun for me.

Last Epoch - Super polished and fun for an early access game. I can't wait for this game to full release as its going to be a good one.

Wasteland 3 - Glad I jumped in after a bunch of patches as it seems it was super buggy at release. Has run fine for me and reminds me of Fallout 2 and Xcom put together. Really fun game.

Loop Hero - Strangely addicting game well worth the purchase. Much like DBD there is nothing else like it really.

Astronarch - Trying different builds and character combos is really fun and game gets progressively harder in cool ways as you go along. Could also put Monster Train and Slay the Spire here as they all seem like variations of the same genre. All fun Games.

Looking forward to - Pantheon alpha, Diablo 2 Ressurected, & Star Citizen with one of them soon and the other two farther down the road. I'll possibly try out New World and Ashes when they release, but those are wait and see for me.

This post was edited by Grambeaux at April 21, 2021 12:45 PM PDT
    • 125 posts
    April 21, 2021 10:25 AM PDT

Currently - Football Manager 2021

Looking forward to - Solasta: Crown of the Magister (next month), Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous (summer), Baldurs Gate 3 (likely 2022), Ashes of Creation

I will try New World if my PC can run it but I don't think its for me.. and I will likely give CorePunk a whirl too if I've nothing else going on

• 20 posts
    April 21, 2021 12:39 PM PDT

Adrenicus said:

Looking forward to - Solasta: Crown of the Magister (next month), Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous (summer), Baldurs Gate 3 (likely 2022), Ashes of Creation

Nice, I haven't tried any of the Pathfinders yet so I might check those out at some point. I'm still meaning to play God of War, Neir, Nioh 2, & Disco Elysiuem at some point but there is just not enough time & I'm always distracted! On the manager note I've been play ultimate football/basketball manager games on the ol' phone when I'm bored with down time and those are pretty good for a phone manager game!

• 71 posts
    April 21, 2021 4:49 PM PDT

this is what i'm currently playing for mmos:
    FFXIV, Red Dead Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Black Desert Online, and Elite Dangerous. 

My plan is on tossin RDO+PSO2 in favor for Pantheon when it releases. As for single player games, well let's just say I got a large backlog which i'm diggin through right now as I'm postin this as well but i'm too lazy to post that 20+ game list. Other then that I guess I've also been playin Gwent in my time offline for mobile during my day to day more due to my offline life gettin quite busy as of late. Now while I hope I'll have time to play the alpha/release dates but I might miss them and i'm fine with that since I didn't spend as much as I did to get access. it's was to just support the development of the game. 

That's about it really, nothin more to say for me really. 

• 94 posts
    April 21, 2021 4:56 PM PDT

I played Archeage for a short while and then stopped that and switched to Project Gorgon that I'm currently playing. I'm curious to see what others are playing as well. I've occasionally scrolled through the unofficial discord to see what people are playing and there's quite a variety. Always jealous when I see Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen under Joppa's name though :)

• 3852 posts
    April 21, 2021 7:17 PM PDT

Mostly Lord of the Rings Online. Whenever I switch to try something else I wind up going back in a few months.

• 810 posts
    April 21, 2021 8:59 PM PDT
    I have been avoiding mmos for quite a while now. Been playing mostly single player rpgs. VR gets bonus points but my hope is to somehow find a VR rpg with blade and sorcery level combat. The AI just don't handle spear defense well sadly making it too easy, so fear my defensive axe & deadly dagger dual wield.
    • 6 posts
    April 21, 2021 10:14 PM PDT

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, Valheim and some Divinity2. For me there are currently no MMOs to play and I don't touch anything from Korea or China.

• 125 posts
    April 22, 2021 4:16 AM PDT

Grambeaux said:

Adrenicus said:

Nice, I haven't tried any of the Pathfinders yet so I might check those out at some point. I'm still meaning to play God of War, Neir, Nioh 2, & Disco Elysiuem at some point but there is just not enough time & I'm always distracted! On the manager note I've been play ultimate football/basketball manager games on the ol' phone when I'm bored with down time and those are pretty good for a phone manager game!

If you enjoyed Baldurs Gate 1&2 or like CRPGs in general, you will definitely enjoy Pathfinder. I would say it is slightly more 'hardcore' in terms of the tabletop rules and the complexity/how in depth it goes. Disco Elysium is an absolute must! No combat but the story/writing is fantastic.

Yeah I just happen to be a huge football fan (guessing soccer for you) and FM just cannot be beaten

• 220 posts
    April 22, 2021 5:56 AM PDT

Just learning Java programming at the moment. 

This post was edited by Nekentros at May 4, 2021 12:15 AM PDT
    • 20 posts
    April 22, 2021 6:49 AM PDT

Adrenicus said:

Grambeaux said:

Adrenicus said:

If you enjoyed Baldurs Gate 1&2 or like CRPGs in general, you will definitely enjoy Pathfinder. I would say it is slightly more 'hardcore' in terms of the tabletop rules and the complexity/how in depth it goes. Disco Elysium is an absolute must! No combat but the story/writing is fantastic.

Yeah I just happen to be a huge football fan (guessing soccer for you) and FM just cannot be beaten

I generally like CRPGs as I've played quite a few over the years. Never completed Divinity 2 though, I get bored halfway in both times I tried for some reason. Heard good things about Disco and I'm always a fan of games that do things differently!

This post was edited by Grambeaux at April 22, 2021 6:50 AM PDT
    • 945 posts
    April 22, 2021 7:02 AM PDT

I was enjoying Last Epoch too.  I agree that it is quite polished for still being Beta.  But I've been playing Outriders since that came out.  Pretty cool story even if dialogue is a bit cheesy.

• 1 posts
    April 22, 2021 8:16 AM PDT

The two best games ever made... Kenshi and Rimworld. 

Also been playing some Divinity Original Sin 2 with some friends.

• 2756 posts
    April 22, 2021 8:50 AM PDT

Playing Wasteland 3 with a friend new to PC gaming. Great fun, though is a little 'simplified' when you've played more complex stuff, like...

Baldur's Gate 3 (alpha) is great. Divinity Original Sin meets Dungeons and Dragons. Works well. It is an Alpha though...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 I have played through a few times and may do again hehe. Great game and lots of party compositions and synergies to try. Try and all Undead group!

Playing Path of Exile again with my dad. Have gone back a few times for complete play-throughs when a new 'module' is added, but I don't do the seasonal repeat competitive re-run stuff.

Grim Dawn also an awesome ARPG but haven't re-done it in a while.  Titan's Quest is old but a very good ARPG.

Heroes of Hammerwatch was fun for a while.

Horizon Zero Dawn was good, though played like a formulaic console game RPG.

Legends of Grimrock 1 and 2 were good.

Slasher's Keep was surprisingly entertaining.

... That's most of my 'recent' RPGs

• 287 posts
    April 22, 2021 10:16 AM PDT

Out of the Park Baseball 22

Magic Legends

Satisfactory

• 96 posts
    April 22, 2021 10:41 AM PDT

Last few months, when I've had time I've mostly just played these two games:

Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition with my buddies

Diablo 2: LOD

Feb and March I played WoW: Shadowlands. That was okay, but it's really more of an "arcade" mmo to me now. Like, sure it's fun when I play it, but there's nothing really there that makes me want to keep coming back. Not anymore at least

This post was edited by Neyos at April 22, 2021 7:54 PM PDT
    • 12 posts
    April 22, 2021 6:59 PM PDT

I finished Disco Elysium recently and meh for me.  

Tried Divinity 2 and got bored.

New Flight Simulator is great.

Never finished Fallout New Vegas so I loaded up a modded version and its wonderful.

After I finish that I'll load up modded versions of Morrowind and Oblivion.  Never finished those either.

• 21 posts
    April 22, 2021 10:46 PM PDT

Project Gorgon since 2018 ...

• 612 posts
    April 23, 2021 7:08 AM PDT

My newest addiction is Valheim... awesome game. Everyone should try it :-)

• 20 posts
    April 23, 2021 7:50 AM PDT

Jobeson said: I have been avoiding mmos for quite a while now. Been playing mostly single player rpgs. VR gets bonus points but my hope is to somehow find a VR rpg with blade and sorcery level combat. The AI just don't handle spear defense well sadly making it too easy, so fear my defensive axe & deadly dagger dual wield.

Same here as most MMOs seem like single player games with multiplayer tacked on. I think its been since 2014 or so, but I'd love a new "good" one to jump into!

• 20 posts
    April 23, 2021 7:53 AM PDT

disposalist said:

Playing Wasteland 3 with a friend new to PC gaming. Great fun, though is a little 'simplified' when you've played more complex stuff, like...

Baldur's Gate 3 (alpha) is great. Divinity Original Sin meets Dungeons and Dragons. Works well. It is an Alpha though...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 I have played through a few times and may do again hehe. Great game and lots of party compositions and synergies to try. Try and all Undead group!

Playing Path of Exile again with my dad. Have gone back a few times for complete play-throughs when a new 'module' is added, but I don't do the seasonal repeat competitive re-run stuff.

Grim Dawn also an awesome ARPG but haven't re-done it in a while.  Titan's Quest is old but a very good ARPG.

I've played Divinity 2 twice and got bored halway through and I'm not sure why as its a good game and I usually love crpgs, but something is not clicking for me. Wastelands 3 character progression and loot leaves must to be desired, but the rest of the game is pretty bad ass.

• 724 posts
    April 23, 2021 7:53 AM PDT

FFXIV mostly. I played it first in 2016/17, then took a longer break, and started again in late 2019. Have been playing since and must say, it is a great way to spend time while waiting for Pantheon.

If you always wanted to give the game a try, it is a good time to do so now. There's a free trial which allows you to play through the base game and the first expansion (Heavensward), up to level 60, for as long as you like. If you enjoy the game, you can subscribe then and play through the next two expansions. The current, Shadowbringers, has been called one of the best expansions in any MMO (and I have to agree, I found it really enjoyable story and gameplay wise). A new expansion (Endwalker) is announced for later this year. The nice thing about the game is that the story can keep you busy playing for weeks or months, depending on how much you play. You can play through most of it on your own if you wish, or you can join a guild (called free company in FFXIV).

• 1281 posts
    April 23, 2021 8:39 AM PDT

Red Dead Redemption 2 Online

• 2756 posts
    April 23, 2021 9:23 AM PDT

Grambeaux said:

disposalist said:

I've played Divinity 2 twice and got bored halway through and I'm not sure why as its a good game and I usually love crpgs, but something is not clicking for me. Wastelands 3 character progression and loot leaves must to be desired, but the rest of the game is pretty bad ass.

Hmm. Maybe you played an un-satidfying group combo?  I really enjoyed playing all 4 as water/air elementalists hehe. Crazy amount of synergy going on.

One thing that isn't great about it is the synergies are odd compared to 'usual' RPGs: If you want to compound effects and conditions you need characters that are similar.

Having four characters that are all different, to 'cover all the bases', really doesn't work as well. Also, I find casters vastly superior to melee...

Still love the game though hehe

• 500 posts
    April 23, 2021 6:04 PM PDT

Not playin a damn thing myself. I tried getting back into ESO and BDO, but couldn't stand it. Also tried Age of Conan again, but the game just isn't the same any more.  I received a free copy of CyberPynk 2077, and tried it for awhile...just not my cup of tea.  I also have a free New World account. I played in the pre-alpha, and wasn't immpressed. Nothin but a gank fest at that early stage.  AWS has apparently got the message, and have remade the game into a more mmo like game. Guess I'll see in August ...barring further delays.  I'm also waiting on Balders gate 3 to have a full release vs the tidbits they keep releasing through Steam.  So, yeah, nuthin to play at this time.