Forums » News and Announcements

Next Dev Stream is Sunday Jan 10th (With Cohh!)

• 145 posts
    January 6, 2021 3:35 PM PST
    also sorry about bad sentence structure lol
    • 70 posts
    January 6, 2021 7:58 PM PST

Although the push sucks.  I !00% agree its worth it to have cohh,. Ive really missed both live play streams of gameplay but mostly of cohh.  (however id like to see saicred play an DL just to torture him).  thank you for having him back on the streams.

• 902 posts
    January 7, 2021 1:23 AM PST

Mathir: Oh, for the love of God.  Roenick literally said in this thread that there would be no patch notes and "otherwise" the stream is the same. 

Mathir: Patch Notes, your most popular segment, has been scrapped for 2021 monthly updates.

Roenick: Yes, there won't be patchnotes, but other than that it's the same sream... just 3 days later.

I apologise for not spotting Roenick's reply. You are quite right in that the patch notes will not be in the stream. I would say though, Roenick's statement does not imply that patch notes will be "scrapped for 2021 monthly updates", just this one. Please provide a link if I am wrong. 

MathirMy argument is that it would be better served for the team to do two streams. 

MathirI am giving an idea on how to accomplish the goal with Cohh and still provide Patch Notes to the loyal fan base and those that are watching for development progress. 

I do agree that the patch notes are a miss. I dont agree that time taken to do two streams is worth the hit to development though. I do think it would be a good idea for VR to reconsider and include the patch notes with the stream, but I would rather have the all new game play content than the notes if one has to go.

I also agree that your opinion is as valid as mine. I just disagree that Pantheon is in a bad place. I think it is important that those that feel Pantheon is progressing be allowed to state their opinions as vocally as those that dont. My intention is never to "shame" or "shoo" anyone. I try to state facts as I see them and if they dont agree with yours, then we disagree, that is all. I will defend my opinion as much as anyone else does. But, unlike some people here, I will also hold my hands up if I say something that proves to be incorrect or inaccurate.

This stream is a positive for the investors and gamers alike and, in my opinion, it should not be a cause for displeasure. 

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 7, 2021 1:59 AM PST
    • 5 posts
    January 7, 2021 10:20 AM PST

Cant wait to see this stream. I try not to get too hyped for Pantheon because I know its a ways off yet, but sometimes I just can't help it.

• 88 posts
    January 7, 2021 11:09 AM PST

Im very much looking forward to the Stream on Sunday.  I think it will give VR a great opportunity to showcase where the game currently is, as far as progress.  Here's to hoping that regardless of where Pantheon is or is not at this very moment, that Alpha will open up soon and give more folks access to test things out and provide relevant feedback to the Devs.  See y'all on Sunday !! :)

• 4 posts
    January 7, 2021 8:34 PM PST

YES! Some news! I look foward to the stream!

Stay safe and Thank you!

This post was edited by Laivok at January 7, 2021 8:35 PM PST
    • 902 posts
    January 8, 2021 5:21 AM PST

One thing I would add. This announcement needs to be put on the main web page's Latest Stream and as a side note, I havent seen anything new on here for a while. I thought the pages were easier to update these days?

• 173 posts
    January 8, 2021 10:04 AM PST

Super excited for the stream!!! See you all there!

Trolls will always troll on so whatever.... VR, you are doing a great job!

• 76 posts
    January 8, 2021 3:42 PM PST

Very excited for this upcoming stream! Cohh is a great streamer! I'm guessing the patch notes will actually be just the gameplay we see happening before our eyes. The last we saw of BRK it was just a grey box zone. This stream seems like it will include BRK and a possible gameplay loop and we have yet to see this new BRK in action. We can compare the older videos of BRK in greybox to what it is now and see the actual progression of development. The gameplay will be the patch notes. I would love to see a big list of all the changes and updates they've made in a patch notes style write up and I'm sure they will do it in future streams, but this is a gameplay loop stream and any long winded list of patches will take away from the actual gameplay which is what they want to show off so I'm all for no patch notes this stream.   

• 768 posts
    January 9, 2021 8:15 AM PST

I'm looking forward to the stream.

Thanks for the heads up Roenick.  See ye there !

• 99 posts
    January 9, 2021 9:14 AM PST

I like Cohh s streams alot. Happy about any news we get about Pantheon. While i understand some ppls get mad waiting for a release (i at times was pretty frustrated as well). I hope the Pantheon Team keeps his motivation to produce a interesting game/world we can play for a long time.

This post was edited by Ondark at January 9, 2021 9:16 AM PST
    • 11 posts
    January 9, 2021 8:27 PM PST

Thank you, VR team for all of your hard work. I am looking forward to the stream tomorrow! I appreciate the community maintaining a level of respect for each other. Community is a cornerstone of a game like this. 

• 217 posts
    January 9, 2021 10:27 PM PST

Im very exxxcited for the upcoming stream. Im not a big fan of COHH personally, but I do love that he is as excited as I am about PRotF and is willingly streaming for $$nothing$$, just to show off PRotF to his many followers. 

For me its all about seeing what is in store for us content wise and I think that is the point. Im not at all worried about the stream missing patch notes (THEY WILL COME), some people act like not knowing what VR worked on last month is the end of their world.. (get a life) Trust me the eye candy of a live stream is exactly what REAL BACKERS with MUCHO DENERO $$$ will get interested in, not some patch notes. Interest in that stuff comes after investment.

I have DONATED more money than I probably should have (dont tell the wife LOL) but I like being a part of it, I also know I am NOT part of the dev team, I dont make any decisions nor do I get to tell them HOW to do their thing. Hats off VR I personally think you are doing a stellar job so far and hope we can get INVESTOR$$$ to get the ship moving with a bit of a brisker breeze.

See ya tomorrow bright and early!

This post was edited by vigilantee13 at January 9, 2021 10:28 PM PST
    • 18 posts
    January 10, 2021 6:35 AM PST

Best wishes for the stream today, hope everything goes well!  I won't be able to tune in live for it, but I'll definitely catch it later.

• 256 posts
    January 10, 2021 7:11 AM PST

Can't wait for the stream today. It shows a good marking strategy to pair up with Cohh again to stream it to a larger audience. Hopefully, this will lead to more interest and healthier stability when the game launches!!! Some people may be upset with the stream dealy for whatever reason, but it is always a wise move to have more eyes on your game when the opportunity allows and the scheduling permits.

• 430 posts
    January 10, 2021 8:44 AM PST

vigilantee13 said:

Im very exxxcited for the upcoming stream. Im not a big fan of COHH personally, but I do love that he is as excited as I am about PRotF and is willingly streaming for $$nothing$$, just to show off PRotF to his many followers. 

For me its all about seeing what is in store for us content wise and I think that is the point. Im not at all worried about the stream missing patch notes (THEY WILL COME), some people act like not knowing what VR worked on last month is the end of their world.. (get a life) Trust me the eye candy of a live stream is exactly what REAL BACKERS with MUCHO DENERO $$$ will get interested in, not some patch notes. Interest in that stuff comes after investment.

I have DONATED more money than I probably should have (dont tell the wife LOL) but I like being a part of it, I also know I am NOT part of the dev team, I dont make any decisions nor do I get to tell them HOW to do their thing. Hats off VR I personally think you are doing a stellar job so far and hope we can get INVESTOR$$$ to get the ship moving with a bit of a brisker breeze.

See ya tomorrow bright and early!

Agree *insert husband* 

• 107 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:11 AM PST
    Just wanted to say, after having watched the stream today, the game is looking amazing. It's clear the progress is steadily moving forward and I'm already forward to see what next month brings. Thanks for all the hard work!
    • 2036 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:17 AM PST

A two hour stream and all of it in the game, thanks VR it keeps looking better each new visit to Terminus.

Showed us Harvesting and Crafting, way to go Nephele!

• 287 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:27 AM PST

I didn't watch the live stream.  I prefer to wait until it gets uploaded to YT so I can watch it at my own pace.  But I'm still looking forward to it because any information is a Good Thing™.

We're all anxiously awaiting our chance to get into the game ourselves and experience Terminus first-hand.  Most if not all of us have contributed to the funding for the game and feel we have a vested interest in seeing it be successful.  However, we all need to recognize that VR owes us nothing.  They are not on the hook to give us anything beit information, dates, promises or anything else.  What they do give us is given to keep the hype alive and hopefully spread it.  That they communicate with us at all is a benefit and not one that we are entitled to.  The only accountability VR has is to themselves.

VR is still a small team of people who each wear a number of hats.  They're moving as quckly as they can and we know this because they're battling the ever-present specter of running out of funding all the time.  We can expect that dates may change, goals may shift and plans may get updated.  This is a natural and inherent part of the agile methodology of software development which particularly affects smaller teams.  Every one of us needs to give VR the space they need to get this game built instead of making demands or accusations when something changes or doesn't go the way we each hoped, always demanding more.

Thanks to this thread we will probably never get another date out of VR.  Why would they tell us about their goals more than a few days in advance if those plans have to change and people get their knickers in a twist?  As someone else already said, this is why we can't have nice things.

I, for one, am very thankful for this stream regardless of when it was done.  I'm thankful for the communication VR provides and I'm super impressed with how Roenick has handled the Negative Nancys in this thread.  Well done, guys.  Please keep the data coming and don't let a few downers ruin the party for the rest of us.

• 560 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:31 AM PST

Can someone please post a link to the video. @Roenick why no link in the original post?

• 612 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:37 AM PST

I've updated the Stream Links post with a link to the VoD. I'll change it to the Youtube link once it get's uploaded to Youtube.

• 560 posts
    January 10, 2021 11:40 AM PST

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

I've updated the Stream Links post with a link to the VoD. I'll change it to the Youtube link once it get's uploaded to Youtube.

Thank you. Other then Pantheon I never go to Twitch and maybe it is just me can't find anything there.

• 1281 posts
    January 10, 2021 12:09 PM PST

Pretty interesting steam. I assume the area we were shown is a demo like area that will only be shown to partners and not specifically will be put into the game?

• 2036 posts
    January 10, 2021 12:14 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

Pretty interesting steam. I assume the area we were shown is a demo like area that will only be shown to partners and not specifically will be put into the game?

I believe that we saw the actual tutorial dungeon and then moved into a demo area as you describe.

• 2036 posts
    January 10, 2021 12:22 PM PST

starblight said:

Can someone please post a link to the video. @Roenick why no link in the original post?

He posted the address [twitch.tv/cohhcarnage], it just wasn't in full "live link" mode.