Forums » News and Announcements

Next Dev Stream is Sunday Jan 10th (With Cohh!)

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 5, 2021 10:26 AM PST

Sunday, January 10 @ 9am PST join us at twitch.tv/cohhcarnage for a full gameplay stream with Cohh Carnage. See an all-new introductory story designed to demonstrate Pantheon's major features in a fully playable experience. You won't want to miss this never-before-seen content.

This post was edited by Roenick at January 5, 2021 10:26 AM PST
    • 2040 posts
    January 5, 2021 10:42 AM PST

YES!

• 287 posts
    January 5, 2021 11:21 AM PST

Fingers crossed for a 6 hour stream! lol

• 1860 posts
    January 5, 2021 12:01 PM PST

Delayed?  Not the 7th like we were told?  I wish this wasn't normal...

• 523 posts
    January 5, 2021 12:08 PM PST

philo said:

I'm thinking the 7th with be the monthly Newsletter, probably just a review of 2020 development milestones, and the 10th in a subsequent gameplay stream with Cohh.  They can't really do a monthly newsletter with Cohh at the same time.

• 1860 posts
    January 5, 2021 12:44 PM PST

Mathir said:

philo said:

I'm thinking the 7th with be the monthly Newsletter, probably just a review of 2020 development milestones, and the 10th in a subsequent gameplay stream with Cohh.  They can't really do a monthly newsletter with Cohh at the same time.

This is what we were told:

"Due to the upcoming holidays, our next stream will be on the 3rd of December followed by January the 7th. "

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 5, 2021 12:57 PM PST
    Thursday was rescheduled to Sunday so we are able to stream with Cohh.
    • 200 posts
    January 5, 2021 12:58 PM PST

philo said:

Mathir said:

philo said:

This is what we were told:

"Due to the upcoming holidays, our next stream will be on the 3rd of December followed by January the 7th. "

what's the problem?

• 1860 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:00 PM PST

@Roenick

I'm curious, what was the plan for the stream when we were told the dates back in Nov.?  Before it was "rescheduled to Sunday so we are able to stream with Cohh."?...

:P

This post was edited by philo at January 5, 2021 1:01 PM PST
    • 200 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:03 PM PST

philo said:

@Roenick

I'm curious, what was the plan for the stream when we were told the dates back in Nov.?  Before it was "rescheduled to Sunday so we are able to stream with Cohh."?...

:P

maybe some pieces fell into place aligning the stars for what looks like will be an exciting stream! Also, when they said that, they probably didn't have anything specific with Cohh and just wanted to get something on the books.

• 1860 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:06 PM PST

That's what I am afraid of.

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:10 PM PST
    What we were planning to stream hasn’t changed, but when things fall into place, and we have an opportunity to stream to a larger audience (such as Cohh’s) it makes sense to do so.
    • 1860 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:19 PM PST

ya, last minute planning...

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:29 PM PST

Not sure how that equates to last minute planning. We had a stream planned, there was an oppurtunity to a reach a broader audience, we changed the plan. Seems pretty simple to me.

• 392 posts
    January 5, 2021 1:38 PM PST

If I was said streamer I would reorganize my time to play asap.

But either way sounds like an awesome stream to start the year off.

• 2040 posts
    January 5, 2021 3:11 PM PST

Gintoki88 said:

If I was said streamer I would reorganize my time to play asap.

But either way sounds like an awesome stream to start the year off.

I agree that it's an awesome way to start the year. Personally, I'd cancel my birthday party AND show up 3AM to play Pantheon. But for perspective:

VR's Twitch channel has ~10,000 followers. These forums have ~ 20,000 members. Cohh's Twitch has 1,300,000 followers. Having Cohh stream Pantheon over the years has given VR tons of free publicity.

• 34 posts
    January 5, 2021 4:20 PM PST

And a Happy New Year to you~

This post was edited by flea at January 5, 2021 4:21 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    January 5, 2021 5:08 PM PST
    Look forward to all of Cohh's streams. The game needs and benefits from this exposure.
    • 41 posts
    January 5, 2021 5:23 PM PST

Worth an extra 3 days for a play thru stream with a bigger audience.

This post was edited by MalFelis at January 5, 2021 5:24 PM PST
    • 523 posts
    January 5, 2021 5:38 PM PST

Roenick said: What we were planning to stream hasn’t changed, but when things fall into place, and we have an opportunity to stream to a larger audience (such as Cohh’s) it makes sense to do so.

This makes zero sense.  Why lie?  There is absolutely zero chance you went from your "planned" content review stream in which you guys take up ~hour updating progress, to now having Cohh live stream part of the game.  Are you still doing Patch Notes, Updates, and likely a Year in Review type thing, but now with Cohh just sitting silently by on his stream?  Because it sounds like Cohh is going to be playing the game instead.  

This sounds like a situation where you should have done your normal development update on the 7th and then also simply streamed Cohh playing the game on the 10th to show off some gameplay.  That's a no-brainer, how does that get screwed up?

• 839 posts
    January 5, 2021 5:46 PM PST

Been away for a while, its nice to see a new stream coming up, looking forward to it! 

No need to nit pick these dates and decisions... just let it be and enjoy the stream.

Thanks VR

• 145 posts
    January 5, 2021 5:47 PM PST
    Plans change
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    January 5, 2021 5:59 PM PST

Mathir said:

Roenick said: What we were planning to stream hasn’t changed, but when things fall into place, and we have an opportunity to stream to a larger audience (such as Cohh’s) it makes sense to do so.

This makes zero sense.  Why lie?  There is absolutely zero chance you went from your "planned" content review stream in which you guys take up ~hour updating progress, to now having Cohh live stream part of the game.  Are you still doing Patch Notes, Updates, and likely a Year in Review type thing, but now with Cohh just sitting silently by on his stream?  Because it sounds like Cohh is going to be playing the game instead.  

This sounds like a situation where you should have done your normal development update on the 7th and then also simply streamed Cohh playing the game on the 10th to show off some gameplay.  That's a no-brainer, how does that get screwed up?

You're entitled to an opinion, but watch your tone. There's no "lying" here. The plan was always to show off the introductory story designed to demonstrate Pantheon's major features in a fully playable experience. Yes, there won't be patchnotes, but other than that it's the same sream... just 3 days later. 

• 523 posts
    January 5, 2021 6:30 PM PST

So, the first monthly newsletter update with no patch notes in half a year and it's all according to plan?  Nice transparency Roenick.  You should have done two streams, it's common sense, unless you just didn't have the substance to make up a stream due to the holidays, in which case that could have simply been stated and we would have understood.  You guys make it harder than it should be to have faith.  But, whatever, I guess according to the "plan", Patch Notes, your most popular segment, has been scrapped for 2021 monthly updates.  Bold Strategy.

• 200 posts
    January 5, 2021 6:51 PM PST

dude... less like a entitled spoiled brat.