Forums » Pantheon Classes

What draws you to your class?

• 61 posts
    June 9, 2020 12:25 AM PDT

The recent streams have NPCs calling you "Pantheonian" and I frown a little. Between that and the game's title I'm getting the sense of PCs being these reincarnated higher power chosen ones, and I just kinda hoped that sort of thing wouldn't be the case.

• 461 posts
    June 9, 2020 7:25 AM PDT

KCRiley said:The recent streams have NPCs calling you "Pantheonian" and I frown a little. Between that and the game's title I'm getting the sense of PCs being these reincarnated higher power chosen ones, and I just kinda hoped that sort of thing wouldn't be the case.

I could see that if they said something like 'Chosen One'. Pantheonian feels too much like Centurian to me. One of many in league for a greater mission.

• 2735 posts
    June 9, 2020 11:00 AM PDT

I imagine it is only a placeholder term. Pantheonian wouldn't make any sense in the context of the game world. 

• 918 posts
    June 9, 2020 3:27 PM PDT

Iksar said:

I imagine it is only a placeholder term. Pantheonian wouldn't make any sense in the context of the game world. 

I agree that Panthonian wouldn't make sense... but then again, it could.  If the devs want to call the characters Terminators because they came to Terminus it wouldn't make sense either... but its just a name.

We are focusing on the wrong things if we are concerned with how an NPC (kinda racist NPC) regards our characters.  Panthonian could be a derogatory term and the NPCs are just patronizing us for all we know. 

This thread is about why you want to play the classes that you choose in an MMO.

I've stated earlier that I have to be a desired class and simultaneously feel like a tough SOB, so typically pet classes and the typical healers are not in my "main character" wheel-house.  Tanks "typically" fit that bill for me.  And the caviat to that is, if there are multiple that I'm drawn to, I pick the one that looks the best.

• 461 posts
    June 9, 2020 9:20 PM PDT

Darch said:Panthonian could be a derogatory term and the NPCs are just patronizing us for all we know.

They can say it because they are one too. They get a free pass. That's apparently how it works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 19 posts
    June 11, 2020 8:23 AM PDT

In the original stream, Ben's character's name was actually 'Pantheonian' - hence the NPC's calling him that.

• 1817 posts
    June 11, 2020 3:20 PM PDT

flea said:

In the original stream, Ben's character's name was actually 'Pantheonian' - hence the NPC's calling him that.

That's actually very funny. Because it started a lil' bit of fear even in myself out of a not so well chosen name and some over interpretation.

• 321 posts
    June 12, 2020 10:28 AM PDT
    It's a good thing he didn't name his character "VIP Member", or that would have caused some real anger.
    • 62 posts
    June 23, 2020 4:48 PM PDT

I tend to go for classes more primal in nature.  In eq1 I originally had a warrior that I got up into the 50's but as soon as Luclin came out I started a beastlord and loved it.  I liked the combo of monk and shaman with a pet companion.  Later when I went to eq2 they didn't have beastlord available yet so I went with shaman and enjoyed that class too, the only downside being that the pet wasn't that strong.  Mainly I like hand to hand, debuffing, and pets lol.  That's why I think I'll either go with shaman or monk when I play Pantheon.

• 8 posts
    September 12, 2020 8:46 PM PDT

Rogue. If Pantheon rogues will be anything like Everquest rogues it'll be exciting seeing those high backstab crits, fun to collect those illusion masks and change my appearance once in awhile, and useful to a group for corpse gathering and scouting / pulling.

• 17 posts
    September 14, 2020 5:03 AM PDT

I'm looking forward to the Enchanter Class.

My MMO experience has been characterised by the holy trinity of DPS/TANK/HEALER, meaning that my experience in the area of support has been limited to where the DPS role would occasionally throw out a buff or two.

I'd like to take the steps into a class/area where it is focused on buffing/debuffing/CC as their means of supporting their party, to ensure that the others are able to not worry about additional ads, ensure the healers aren't strained by debuffing enemies etc. With this in mind, this is what drew me to the Enchanter.

This post was edited by RiskIBiski at September 14, 2020 5:03 AM PDT