Forums » Pantheon Classes

What draws you to your class?

• 150 posts
    August 29, 2021 10:04 PM PDT

EWAN said:What im wondering is What draws you to a class?

The flavor and potential for roleplay by default since I like to find the humor in most situations. Also, there's plenty to learn with bards having lots of temporary little fixes...songs that, when layered and used skillfully together, can handle a growing problem. It's often considered a backup role, but one that can experience other modes vicariously through party members by enhancing/aiding them. 

EWAN said:is there certain items or weapon sets which you prefer?

Musical instruments of all types. In EQ1 one of my bards wore a set of armor that gave no appearance despite having respectable stats. So I could run around, plainly clothed and seemingly "naked", looking very much the part without feeling vulnerable.

EWAN said:do you like being that big frontline tank or that powerful backline caster?

I enjoy alternating between multiple roles as needed, with some overlap. I feel comfortable knowing other classes around me can do it better, whatever it is, but with a bard in their midsts, they do it best and when even that isn't enough, I can step in to help. Assisting allies and hindering enemies, that's what I like the most, whether out in front, towards the back, or right in the middle. Regardless of positioning though, it always seemed as though bards were in the periphery, weaving through the mess, maintaining some semblance of order.

EWAN said:is there a certain feel from appearance that draws you to that role?

Bards appear to be the most civilian, out of their element in the world yet capable of so much through others allied with them, others who are considered more powerful outright. 

This post was edited by Leevolen at August 30, 2021 3:13 AM PDT
    • 24 posts
    October 31, 2021 6:42 PM PDT
    Hey, so here is what draws me to what I choose. First and foremost STATS when choosing a race, if it isn't going to be the best fit for the class, then I have ALMOST no interest in it. The only thing that trumps stats for me is if the 2nd best stat race looks waaaaaaay better than the race with the best stats for my class. As for as male/female goes I choose whichever one I find more pleasing to look at because, I'm gonna be staring at it for a looong time to come(I prefer a scrolled out view when playing)

When it comes to class, I prefer big booms, my main raid hero will always be dps. I prefer aoe dps to single target dps, so whichever class has a nice mix of kill power is what I choose. Glass cannon for life! For an alt I like to dabble around with a basic warrior. Rogue type characters (except for monk) don't interest me at all.

For items I could care less about looks, I want the best of the best! Gimme that top raid gear, I want to be the strongest player of my class(not on the server, since glass cannons get spanked in pvp, I prefer a hybrid class for pvp) and the richest player on the server.

I want to craft, like everything. I want every single craft and be everyone's go to crafter. I want people to be the ones that bring their super exclusive craft books to me, because my characters are so well known for being elite.

And last, but not least I want to be a philanthropist! I want to be able to host daily quizzes and give away my wealth to other players, that is probably the most joy I get in playing an mmorpg tbh. I enjoy both newbies and top players alike joining in my quiz games to earn more Plat and amazing items than they can even dream of from answering a simple question. I love seeing the chat fill up with 100+ players, just to play my game and win prizes! Also, ever chance I get if the game has some sort of mentor system I enjoy powerleveling the heck out of newbies! So some lucky noob gets to go on an adventure with me and keep all items/coin that drops(unless it is a very rare recipe/spellbook or an item I actually need for an alt)

So, ya, all in all I want to be very well known on the server for both being a top player and a kind player.
    • 295 posts
    December 11, 2021 10:32 PM PST

I'm drawn to classes that protect, heal and use holy energy. I have played most classes, but my Main classes are usually Priests and Paladins. Fighting evil, chaos and such is my class raison d'etre. Going for any type of Holy weapons will be my goal. I'm not big on tanking, but will give it a try on occasion. I was a Holy Paladin and Holy/Discipline priest in WoW. I just picture my Paladin in the Mad Moor surrounded by malicous beasts and undead bathed in divine light swinging a holy mace. 

Oh, the fun times that will be had in Terminus.

This post was edited by Dikenzu at December 11, 2021 10:33 PM PST
    • 8 posts
    December 28, 2021 7:58 AM PST

What draws you to a class? I like alot the role of a healer/support however I am usually drawn to something which isn't commonly played, rare race/class combos. Classes which intrigue me most in Pantheon are Paladin, Enchanter, Druid and Bard. In EQ my main was an Erudite Paladin which is most likely the class I would like to remake in Pantheon. However with paladins and in general as well in Pantheon I feel like there is no such rare combinations which would be super unpopular. To boot paladins in particular are extremely limited in race choices so unless progeny system can help make more choices down the line I will most likely just be a human however mundane that is.

is there certain items or weapon sets which you prefer? I look forward to doing some epic quest for a holy sword. I loved my epics in EQ on my paladin.,

do you like being that big frontline tank or that powerful backline caster? I really liked tanking and prided myself of doing a good job so I would be sought after in groups, but also the enchanter gameplay of controlling the ebb and flow combat and taking a horrible situation and coming out on top is also really satisfying.

is there a certain feel from appearance that draws you to that role? I love the look of a holy knight and defender. 

I do hope there will be the option of more oddball combinations of race/class down the line though, call me silly but I do like being a rare combination, even if its sub optimal. An underdog and defying the odds and doing a damn good job of it. I also really really loved my Galka Redmage in FF11, and that game was far more punishing from a racial viewpoints with stats than EQ ever was.

This post was edited by Northstar at December 28, 2021 8:00 AM PST
    • 1998 posts
    December 29, 2021 4:17 PM PST

Northstar said:

I do hope there will be the option of more oddball combinations of race/class down the line though, call me silly but I do like being a rare combination, even if its sub optimal. An underdog and defying the odds and doing a damn good job of it.

IMO the most oddball, mis-matched combo available right now would be a Halfling Warrior. Since I'm not in P-A, I don't know how one's racial identity affects the starting amount and level progression of various stats like Strength and Endurance. But the contradiction of the smallest race being the most physical of the big, brawny Tanks is quite humorous and appealing.

VR has said that they revisist the race/class matrix regularly, and may make changes in it right up to Release Day. I hope you find the combo you're looking for.

• 5 posts
    December 26, 2023 8:04 PM PST
    I love to constantly be moving around, planning where to go and what to do after the fight, during the fight. Monks fill this niche for me. Lots of damage, quick and dodgy, tanks in a pinch, and that poor man’s immortality (Feign Death) is always a good thing. As a monk I find that I get to explore more of the dungeon than those who must sit and wait for mana or for me to return with pulls. Also, with a solid group I get to control the flow of experience gain through pulls. If you ever see a monk sitting still, something must have gone wrong.
    • 22 posts
    January 30, 2024 12:27 AM PST
    I like playing classes that can heal. Bonus if they solo effectively, because groups will always want a healer, and if you can solo you can still play if you happen to play at hours others might not.
    • 31 posts
    February 8, 2024 1:35 PM PST

I love shamans, always have.  Buffs, heals, utility, plus damage and survivability.  They're somewhat of a one-man band in certain games.  Others they're a welcome support healer with lots of wonderful utility.  

I love Nature, love protecting the animals, and driving away the corruption that would seek to defile it.  While at the same time, harnessing the elements to punish those would would dare tempt Nature's wrath.

Plus I love Skald, Wardruna, Danheim, Faun, and Heilung.  

• 39 posts
    February 8, 2024 3:18 PM PST

I have a hard time with MMOs that have a "classic" (i.e. Everquest style) Enchanter class.

Most times I play a rogue because I love the ability to stealth around seeing what's where and (usually, depending how the class is implemented) contribute significantly when something needs to be dead, NOW!

On the other hand an EQ style enchanter controls the entire flow of combat encounters.  If done well the entire team benefits significantly (and if done poorly can you say "wipe").

All classes are critical to a good team, some are just "more" important (Ha ha ha).

This post was edited by Sakkara at February 9, 2024 5:11 AM PST
    • 31 posts
    February 8, 2024 5:42 PM PST

Sakkara said:

I have a hard time with MMOs that have an "classic" (i.e. Everquest style) Enchanter class.

Most times I play a rogue because I love the ability to stealth around seeing what's where and (usually, depending how the class is implemented) contribute significantly when something need to be dead, NOW!

On the other hand an EQ style enchanter controls the entire flow of combat encounters.  If done well the entire team benefits significantly (and if done poorly can you say "wipe").

All classes are critical to a good team, some are just "more" important (Ha ha ha).

True Eq1-style Enchanters are definitely quite awesome.  Champions of crowd control.  Only thing comparative in that vein is typically something like a Psionicist.