Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Live Stream 04/27 - Feedback

• 65 posts
    May 2, 2017 12:59 PM PDT

Larirawiel said:

Yes, it is a RP perspective but also a logical one. It seems simply illogical to me having such huge discrepancies between players and comparable NPCs at the same level. And sacrificing logic and immersion for gameplay reasons is exactly what Blizzard did in World of Warcraft. They did the same thing that is described in the wolfshead article in reverse. In Eq the mobs outpowered you exponentially, in WoW you can outpower the mobs in the same way. Both seems illogical to me.

And yes, my solution would be having NPCs that are roughly equal to the players. But more NPCs, more classes/roles and a good KI. A NPC that is smart enough to cc your healers could easy wipe your group etc. So you should try to prevent this and such groups would be never doable solo and would always encourage grouping.

Greetings

I am not sure what you mean by a good "KI".  I don't understand how the game could be made challenging if the players were the same power level as the npc's really. If you were to pull one creature of equal level as 5 other players in your group, how is 6 vs 1 of equal power going to be difficult?

• 200 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:21 PM PDT

I mean "AI", sorry. :)

And it could be challenging if the mobs act very smart. You could never pull one mob because the mob would call for help and you would have 5 mobs or so in fight. The mobs could also support/heal/dispell your CCs and it could be a tough fight. Yes, this idea needs testing and i don't really know whether it is better than the current solution or not. 

Greetings

• 521 posts
    May 3, 2017 1:15 PM PDT

I didn't care for the acclamation system being treating like another gear tab, where we swap out resistances on a whim, nor did I care for the consumable method of obtaining them.

Just my 2 cents, but id prefer acclamation to be from actual exposer over time, with some degradation over time of not being exposed anymore. I’m not sure if this is meant to be some kinda mini game where we have to “guess” what resistances we need or not, but it doesn't seem very much like getting acclimated, and more like I just put on a coat for the winter cold.

• 121 posts
    May 5, 2017 5:05 AM PDT
    Everything looks like it's coming along great!
    My only concern was that Cohh started the stream at 0% into lvl 25 and after an hour long group he dinged 26. I know it's early still and lots to be adjusted, but an hour for a lvl seemed miles apart from what I was hoping for. I'm hoping for a massive adjustment for the leveling speed.