Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Twitch Stream re-cap

• 243 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:51 PM PST

Hannar said:

It is currently available on Cohh's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VljOeRfis

Thanks Hannar! Now I have something to do before breakfast.

This post was edited by Rominian at December 9, 2016 7:53 PM PST
    • 334 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:56 PM PST

Wanted to hop in and say that this stream was awesome to watch! It's great to see the team sharing with us, and the progress is truly incredible.

I'm excited to see how vivid the world is looking with all of the details and colors. It feels big and engaging. The foundation of this game is really coming together. The different races are looking good, and the philosophy of what we all want in this game seems to be there (faction, depth, mechanics, etc).

My constructive criticisms, which are totally coming from a place of love and acknowledgment that this is still pre-pre-alpha are this: Character movement/animations need some love and attention. Fluid, organic feeling movement really helps with engagement (a great example of this is the later Dark Souls games). Getting those animations and movement right will go a long ways towards game longevity. Another area that could use some work is combat and its animations. Finding some ways to make it so weapons feel like they're connecting and making impact will help a ton. The last thing is UI, definitely could use some modernization (doesn't mean it has to lose a classic feel).

Those are the big things that stick out to me that should be important focuses as development continues forward. Overall though, beautiful work and progress and I'm looking foward to all that will come from this project! Thanks for all of your hard work, VR. It means a lot to this community.

• 4 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:57 PM PST

Awesome stream! I've been following Pantheon for over a year, I have always been close to pledging but this stream has pushed me over the edge! Congrats on how far you guys have come and after kick start failed I didn't know if you would make it this far but the proof is in the pudding. I'm supporting $1200 because you guys are keeping the dream alive... long live eq and long live pantheon!! 

Cheers!

• 15 posts
    December 9, 2016 11:04 PM PST

Really enjoyed the stream guys. Great work and progress, nice job!

• 249 posts
    December 9, 2016 11:23 PM PST
    Terrible stream. Absolutely horrid. There wasn't even a single Kilsin train!!

Really though...you guys killed it!

If this is what pre pre alpha looks like...what in the mother of Tunare is the live game going to look like?!
    • 2886 posts
    December 9, 2016 11:59 PM PST

I agree the stream was very impressive. The amount of very real progress that was made since the last stream got me even more excited than I thought was possible

I am working on coming up with a definitive comprehensive list of new information that we learned from the stream and will hopefully have it posted here tomorrow! :)

• 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:42 AM PST

Rominian said:

May I assume that the stream will be posted to the Pantheon Youtube channel today? I missed the first part sadly.

Yes, it will hopefully be up over the weekend on our official channel which will be the Shaman gameplay, Cohh's channel is the Rogue gameplay, so pick which class you want to see or watch both :)

• 76 posts
    December 10, 2016 8:42 AM PST

Rachael said:

Akailo said:

After that stream i wish i had the money spare to upgrade to prealpha instead of alpha i want to get in there already haha, but wait we must.

great stream though loved it and can't wait for more.

The stream was pre-pre-alpha, there is no pre-alpha access yet :P (If thats what you meant)

i was indeed talking about the first external test that will happen somtime in 2017 but thank you for trying to be helpful =) love this comunity

• 138 posts
    December 10, 2016 10:29 AM PST

Did the stream make anyone else depressed? Once the stream started coming to an end, and my excitement level was at an all-time high, I realized I had to come back to the real world where there is nothing meaningful to play. From Vanguard/p99/EQ TLP to now, there is a deafening silence in the MMORPG world. My only hope for a solution is Pantheon. What a great terrible problem to have. When Cohh said all he wanted to do was sit back with 5 of his buddies, have some drinks, listen to some music, and just chill out and grind, I died a little inside. It's been too long. 

If it's not evident yet, I loved the stream. Can one of you fund them with a few million dollars though, because I need this process to speed up.

This post was edited by Katalyzt at December 10, 2016 10:30 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:37 PM PST

Katalyzt said:

Did the stream make anyone else depressed? Once the stream started coming to an end, and my excitement level was at an all-time high, I realized I had to come back to the real world where there is nothing meaningful to play. From Vanguard/p99/EQ TLP to now, there is a deafening silence in the MMORPG world. My only hope for a solution is Pantheon. What a great terrible problem to have. When Cohh said all he wanted to do was sit back with 5 of his buddies, have some drinks, listen to some music, and just chill out and grind, I died a little inside. It's been too long. 

If it's not evident yet, I loved the stream. Can one of you fund them with a few million dollars though, because I need this process to speed up.

Agreed Katalyzt,  once Pantheon pre alpha launches I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep.   Want to test and help this game to be the best ever.   Meantime I have to keep busy in the real world..will make the time go by faster. :)

• 2886 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:39 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Katalyzt said:

Agreed Katalyzt,  once Pantheon pre alpha launches I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep.   Want to test and help this game to be the best ever.   Meantime I have to keep busy in the real world..will make the time go by faster. :)

SAME

• 37 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:47 PM PST

Best stream yet! Can't wait to be able to contribute to this game and play it for hours and hours and hours...

• 72 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:50 PM PST

Katalyzt said:

Truth!, and now I suffer from PTSD (post twitch stream depression)...

• 316 posts
    December 10, 2016 2:54 PM PST

Amberfaet WAS AMAZING!

Everything you guys showed in there. Bravo!!

• 500 posts
    December 10, 2016 3:15 PM PST

Grimvalor said:

Katalyzt said:

Truth!, and now I suffer from PTSD (post twitch stream depression)...

Alas, my friend, there is only one treatment for PTSD... Pre-Alpha/Alpha.  Unfortunately the FDA (Final Dev Approval) hasn't released it for public trials. :(

• 137 posts
    December 10, 2016 3:25 PM PST
    I screamed like a little school girl seeing Amberfate (sp?)
    • 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:22 PM PST

Just to tease you folks, a little bit, Amberfaet is awesome but what you saw is only a tiny part of it, that dungeon is friggin huge and so high, I got lost with GM hacks the first time I went in there! haha

I can't wait to train group up with you all in our dungeons, they are a lot of fun! :D

• 76 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:28 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Just to tease you folks, a little bit, Amberfaet is awesome but what you saw is only a tiny part of it, that dungeon is friggin huge and so high, I got lost with GM hacks the first time I went in there! haha

I can't wait to train group up with you all in our dungeons, they are a lot of fun! :D

note to self when first in amberfaet, try to avoid the ent when kilsin is around.

• 126 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:32 PM PST

I am more than a little underwhelmed by the stream - but I guess the game can still improve.

Sorry I don't feel it appropriate to join in on the collective back-slapping here.  

I completely understand why you guys are waiting till next year to let us VIPs in - needs a lot of work before it's fit for public consumption.

• 116 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:40 PM PST

For the size of team that VR have, their progress is nothing short of astonishing.  Anyone who has any experience in a large-scale software project will understand the vast amount of behind-the-scenes work that goes into this kind of thing, so I think it would be pretty insulting to say that what they have done is underwhelming. But of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

VR isn't some AAA developer able to lob millions of dollars and dozens of developers at a project.  

• 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:51 PM PST

Akailo said:

Kilsin said:

note to self when first in amberfaet, try to avoid the ent when kilsin is around.

Haha ;)