Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Twitch Stream re-cap

• 72 posts
    December 9, 2016 4:30 PM PST

with this kind of hard work from VR you guys deserve all our support and more, thank you for developing a quality project in the bleak gamescape of money grabs.

• 200 posts
    December 9, 2016 4:50 PM PST

Seeing Cohh gleefully look around and pairing that with his facial reactions and silent cues of excitement were fantastic/genuine.....  You can tell he is a fan of the genre and game..that or he does that for every new game and that is why he's successful at what he does.  Either way it did expose pantheon to a new set of people today and it was nice.

As everyone else stated here I think you guys exceeded expectations and I have seen launches with less polish than what was shown off today.  Realizing a lot of that is heavily scripted and we saw what we should have seen, I can't wait to get to the phase of opening it up for testing and all you have in store for us!

I did have a question regarding the Rogue play....is the evade mechanism in game b/c Cohh needed it!! lol that or rogues are just agro-wh...agro-mongers.

• 844 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:06 PM PST

I would suggest a dedicated narator (not playing) for these streams.

Someone who is not concentrated on !TPK.

A narator descibing to the viewers what is being seen, what features are being used, answer posted questions in a more responsive manner.

• 59 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:16 PM PST

Amazing job all! Cohh did a great job broadening the audience. It was a great way to showcase the game to a whole new set of folks. Word of mouth is key. :D

• 116 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:22 PM PST

Yeah, gotta say it is really coming along in leaps and bounds.  I can't wait to get my hands on it.  I am really looking forward to seeing some raid content again.

• 2138 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:43 PM PST

The Archai look great!

Nice to see other races and that open , leveled dungeon that ascende dot the heights? was really good looking and I like the jump-crawl parts.

also, I liked that it seemed like you could, conceivably, help out a group at a lower level in that dungeon area. Like, if you wee higher level and up really high, and some lower levels were below you and having difficulty with a monster you could send a blast down to them to hit the monster and help kill it a bit faster or if they wer ein trouble.

Also I really liked the idea of the special forge and you had to get acclimated- that would be a reason for high levels to go back.

Plus, that wierd rotating rock in the distanbce, as if it could be jumped upon?

Great to see zippyzee not just standing around- :)

The lighting and the gnomes and seeing the other races was really nice. It's hard to make a choice!

This post was edited by Manouk at December 9, 2016 6:23 PM PST
    • 208 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:44 PM PST

It was a great stream. You guys put on a good impression for Cohhs subscribers. The only downer was saying pre-Alpha start could possibly stretch into the 2nd quarter instead of the 1st quarter. No biggie though. I can wait.

• 188 posts
    December 9, 2016 5:54 PM PST

I may be the only person in the world who hopes alpha stretches out until late Q2.  Every week is a week closer to paying for a dream machine from Xidax to play on :).  

• 2419 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:04 PM PST

I believe I heard the EQ1 'Dinnnggggg' sound.  SO happy.

• 180 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:10 PM PST

Is the combat music available somewhere for download or listening?

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:18 PM PST

Warben said:

Seeing Cohh gleefully look around and pairing that with his facial reactions and silent cues of excitement were fantastic/genuine.....  You can tell he is a fan of the genre and game..that or he does that for every new game and that is why he's successful at what he does.  Either way it did expose pantheon to a new set of people today and it was nice.

As everyone else stated here I think you guys exceeded expectations and I have seen launches with less polish than what was shown off today.  Realizing a lot of that is heavily scripted and we saw what we should have seen, I can't wait to get to the phase of opening it up for testing and all you have in store for us!

I did have a question regarding the Rogue play....is the evade mechanism in game b/c Cohh needed it!! lol that or rogues are just agro-wh...agro-mongers.

Yeah, we did our research and knew Cohh was going to be a good fit for us, he is a great guy and we appreciate him giving us that kind of exposure :)

The Rogue stances are not yet fully functional, I have /bugged a few repro's of how they fail or can make you permanently invis to everyone (NPCs and PCs - which is fun lol) and using a combination of stances can lock you in a slow "stealth" walk so the guy will fix that up as development progresses, we told Cohh to just ignore the stances and use the ability bar for the stream so it wasn't totally his fault for some sticky pulls and wipes lol

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:23 PM PST

zewtastic said:

I would suggest a dedicated narator (not playing) for these streams.

Someone who is not concentrated on !TPK.

A narator descibing to the viewers what is being seen, what features are being used, answer posted questions in a more responsive manner.

This stream was a bit different mate, since it was a dual stream and Cohh had his audience to entertain as well, we had Ben D who did a good job with some of our questions in the downtime periods and promoting our website etc. but we actually wanted it to be relaxed and spur of the moment for devs to be given questions to answer live and on the fly, so it is more personal and you get to hear it in detail straight from the horses mouth, plus there is no one person who would have all of the knowledge to do that job well, we all have different roles and can speak extensively within those roles but have to refer to others for detailed information outside of our own roles, in most cases, so we felt it best to defer to each dev who is head of that field for the questions so we could give as much information as possible.

It is a good suggestion, though, being our third live stream we are still learning and taking feedback on board, hopefully, they are getting better each time :)

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:25 PM PST

Bluefyre said:

It was a great stream. You guys put on a good impression for Cohhs subscribers. The only downer was saying pre-Alpha start could possibly stretch into the 2nd quarter instead of the 1st quarter. No biggie though. I can wait.

We understand but that was always a very rough estimate that was forced out of us from a lot of people asking, we really dislike putting ETAs out as we would rather just put our heads down and work hard and then announce when it is ready, rather than try to guess and then be held accountable if we are late! ;)

We will work as hard as we can to get it out as soon as humanly possible but we need to make sure we have everything in the game that needs testing, otherwise it will be a waste of time for us and set us back even further.

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:32 PM PST

Thanakos said:

Is the combat music available somewhere for download or listening?

We have some of the zone tracks on our Soundcloud located on this website if you like but a lot of in-game only until we finish them and sync them up properly :)

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/media/audio/ 

• 243 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:35 PM PST

May I assume that the stream will be posted to the Pantheon Youtube channel today? I missed the first part sadly.

• 188 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:36 PM PST

It is currently available on Cohh's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VljOeRfis

• 668 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:41 PM PST

It is not often that your expectations get blown out of the water...  As I watched Cohh's video of the stream, I could not believe the detail of the world and how much I wanted to jump in and explore with you all!  It really is night and day comparison versus last stream and it just throws confidence in all of us that VR has this headed to such a successful place.  I will continue to support this the entire way and will wait patiently, as long as I have to, because I have 100% confidence that you all are building the game a LOT of us are wanting to immerse into...  Your in stream comments reassure so many things that you are keeping the focus to what really matters.

You just made me very happy and I look so forward to the next stream.  VR I know how much tedious work this is, and building this world for all of us (and yourselves) is very much appreciated!  

• 72 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:45 PM PST

Don't worry about pre-alpha/alpha, I posted something about how pissed I was about this not being soon enough. I was frustrated, because, watching your streams and seeing the game I WANT to play makes everything in the mean time seem shallow and time-consuming (for no other reason to be time-consuming or to make money). I'm trying to get my old D&D group back together for this game, all of us are gamers now in different ways. Some table top, some online, some cards...but it was the working together back in the day, that we might be able to game again. I don't want to sell my friends on a subject that shills them out of money, I want to have fun with my friends and create some epic storylines together. I think this just might do it...

This post was edited by Grimvalor at December 9, 2016 6:46 PM PST
    • 72 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:47 PM PST

Pyye said:

It is not often that your expectations get blown out of the water...  As I watched Cohh's video of the stream, I could not believe the detail of the world and how much I wanted to jump in and explore with you all!  It really is night and day comparison versus last stream and it just throws confidence in all of us that VR has this headed to such a successful place.  I will continue to support this the entire way and will wait patiently, as long as I have to, because I have 100% confidence that you all are building the game a LOT of us are wanting to immerse into...  Your in stream comments reassure so many things that you are keeping the focus to what really matters.

You just made me very happy and I look so forward to the next stream.  VR I know how much tedious work this is, and building this world for all of us (and yourselves) is very much appreciated!  

• 72 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:47 PM PST

Agree 100%

• 201 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:59 PM PST

Looked great.  I have been cautiously optimistic and this was more than I had expected.  As I play project 1999 EQ right now, I  watched the stream and am more excited for release.  Here's to hoping that the team can secure the funding to finish this thing properly.

• 208 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:08 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Bluefyre said:

We understand but that was always a very rough estimate that was forced out of us from a lot of people asking, we really dislike putting ETAs out as we would rather just put our heads down and work hard and then announce when it is ready, rather than try to guess and then be held accountable if we are late! ;)

We will work as hard as we can to get it out as soon as humanly possible but we need to make sure we have everything in the game that needs testing, otherwise it will be a waste of time for us and set us back even further.

Oh for sure. I know how it goes with dates. I'm not upset or anything. Even if it has to slip further, that's cool. You guys just make the best game you can and not rush it. It would again be a downer, but Id rather a downer over crushing disappointment. ;)

• 36 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:29 PM PST

My $500 pledge was not in vain after all muhahaha! 

• 76 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:36 PM PST

After that stream i wish i had the money spare to upgrade to prealpha instead of alpha i want to get in there already haha, but wait we must.

great stream though loved it and can't wait for more.

• 563 posts
    December 9, 2016 7:50 PM PST

Akailo said:

After that stream i wish i had the money spare to upgrade to prealpha instead of alpha i want to get in there already haha, but wait we must.

great stream though loved it and can't wait for more.

The stream was pre-pre-alpha, there is no pre-alpha access yet :P (If thats what you meant)

This post was edited by Rachael at December 9, 2016 7:51 PM PST