Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The game looks like it's really coming along!!! Unite16

• 17 posts
    November 1, 2016 10:42 AM PDT

Well done guys.  This is some significant progress from the last stream I saw.  Please do another one (LONGER ha!) real soon!!!

Very happy with what I saw.

• 169 posts
    November 1, 2016 10:47 AM PDT
    Games looks a good bit smoother than last time, can't wait for a longer more in depth stream next time.
    • 142 posts
    November 1, 2016 10:56 AM PDT

Very well done. Can't wait for the next game play stream. Nice work.

• 137 posts
    November 1, 2016 11:25 AM PDT
    Short but very good imho.

As a C# developer for more then a decade, that enjoys tinkering with Unity as well, it's inspiring to hear you guys went that direction. I was wondering if you guys are also taking advantage of Visual Studio support that Unity has or if you are working through Mono?
    • 33 posts
    November 1, 2016 11:25 AM PDT

Yeah, big improvements in movement, models and UI. Looking awesome! 

I can't wait to see more.

Good job VR team. 

• 9 posts
    November 1, 2016 12:49 PM PDT

It is really starting to look fantastic!

really looking forward to see the next stream, even though I am probrably not going to wtach it live (being in Denmark - timezone :P)

• 18 posts
    November 1, 2016 1:06 PM PDT

Was there a new stream today?

If yes does anyone have a link to check it out please?

• 63 posts
    November 1, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

kefka said:

Bam

• 18 posts
    November 1, 2016 1:34 PM PDT

kiwenzel said:

kefka said:

Bam

Thanks!

• 29 posts
    November 1, 2016 3:02 PM PDT

I'm just going to list the things I've absorbed from the gameplay stream...of course, things will change:

- Stats start in single digits rather than double like in EQ1. STR/STA 18, AGI/DEX/CON/INT/CHA at 8, WIS at 27 for a lv. 13 Cleric.

- Item names: Coldark(?) Steel Great Hammer / Copper Banded Round Shield / Fadesteel(?) Key / Steel Great Mace

- 75 of one single currency that looks like platinum.

- "Ratkin" enemy

- "This Pillar Looks Ancient" just like in the stream, meaning this may be the same dungeon from last stream.

- The icons at the right might be the "spellgems", the top is likely the buffs, and the bottom is the hotbar.

- UI looks very much like EQ1 and obviously can be moved around like the Velious UI.

- There's something below the compass that looks like a map or something, too hazy.

- A square on top-left of the hotbar may be telling the environmental conditions, although it didn't change when inside the dungeon.

- Tilde (~) is the auto-attack key :V. The auto-attack button is to the left of the hotbar, and ranged weapon w/ amount of ammo (stack of 99) remaining on top of it, although I don't think Clerics use bows...

- The hammer emanates light that reflects on the plate the cleric wears.

- I really like the look of that gold disc and the dragon(?) below it at the stone bridge close to the beginning.

- The guards are fully clothed with visor helmets and massive amounts of plate, kinda like grim Qeynos guards.

- Hopefully those lamps on the bridge turn on at night :O. Long way down if you jump from that bridge.

- Jumps over the broken section of the wooden dungeon bridge.

- No idea what that right-most hotbar button was.

- And most importantly, the area before he zones into the dungeon looks familiarly bland :D

• 363 posts
    November 1, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

I was beinning to...just a little bit...lose my focus on the game. This has helped me to regain that focus...looks awesome! Can't wait to playtest Pantheon and help make it the TRUE successor to EQ1 that it is destined to be. Well done, VR...well done. :)

• 234 posts
    November 1, 2016 3:31 PM PDT

The dungeon looked freaking awsome guys.

Nice Job!!

• 613 posts
    November 1, 2016 5:02 PM PDT

Chomp  Chomp......moves bit a little  Chomps some more....  Looks great guys!!!

Ox

• 66 posts
    November 1, 2016 5:23 PM PDT

i just realized there were dwarves in the video. so now we have humans, elves, and dwarves playable from what i can see. nice suprise there. also, i like the way the game is starting to look and feel. the feel of a game is really important to me.

• 80 posts
    November 1, 2016 5:41 PM PDT

So as "players" as they are named in the presentation are logged in from all over the world are we to take this as Pre- Alpha is running? 

• 82 posts
    November 1, 2016 6:19 PM PDT

VR team is all over the place i think thats what they mean by all over the world

• 169 posts
    November 1, 2016 7:16 PM PDT
    Now if we could just get a date on the next twitch livestream it would completely quell my pantheon hunger for atleast abit
    • 205 posts
    November 1, 2016 9:43 PM PDT
    Great work.... keep it up!
    • 9115 posts
    November 2, 2016 2:42 AM PDT

Ultra said:

VR team is all over the place i think thats what they mean by all over the world

Yep, spot on ;)

• 89 posts
    November 2, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

I hope those new Post-Processing effects are in the release client.  Depth of field. /drool

• 116 posts
    November 2, 2016 5:45 AM PDT

Thanks for the video. I liked the effect of his weapon ( cold damage? ) as he was running through the dungeon, leaving a trail as he ran.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 2, 2016 12:23 PM PDT

Thanks all -- looking forward to our next twitch stream which will be quite a bit longer and reveal much more :)  It's gonna rock! :)

Also what did you guys think of the new human male model?  It's an early version still, but we rolled it ourselves, e.g. it's not a Unity store asset.

• 82 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:01 PM PDT

I think the new human model was an improvement however i still dont really like it that much it looks like its from age of conan or something made awhile ago. Maybe its just me but the art style seems to be trying to be to realistic, Id prefer something with abbit more character.

• 231 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:12 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Thanks all -- looking forward to our next twitch stream which will be quite a bit longer and reveal much more :)  It's gonna rock! :)

You dirty tease you...

The model looked pretty good to me. I think a slow rotation of one (and the others as they get worked on more), or preferably an interactive slider on the site where we can spit it, would be great too. If there is a badass/flashy set of armor you could toss on a model to show off on the forum that would also be great. General models show off progress but can be a little bland early on (as to be expected I guess).

You are also free to take the stuff I suggested showing off and giving it only to us VIPs ;)

• 411 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:42 PM PDT

The model itself looks great to me and I'm a huge fan of the art direction. The layering of the various components really make it pop and look like he's actually coated in plates. The run animation (tense and hurried) doesn't seem to be up to the level of what we saw in the June 2016 stream (smooth and comfortable), but all of the other animations that I noticed looked great like jumping and waving. You got some great stuff there and it all definitely brings up those feelings of eq nostalgia.