Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What would you ask the Community?

• 1404 posts
    October 19, 2016 9:43 AM PDT
    Well Manouk
    1)I never said "in Pantheon" I said "a game"
    2)I said "subscribers" not "daily"
    3) and based on what this Web site says "9,233 members found." I think your correct, pretty good for a game not started yet!
    • 781 posts
    October 19, 2016 11:02 AM PDT

I concur ! :)  * cheers

• 644 posts
    October 19, 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Zorkon said:...

MMORPG's have seemed to evolve into just Barbie and Ken dress up, it's all about the gear, the epic breastplate or gloves nothing else. 
    I seem to remember in early EQ it was more building your charrictor. You had to find/create your spells, spend skill points, repeatedly cast some low level schools of spells to stop fizzels, 1HB 2HB etc.

What other means of "Building a Charrictor" could you come up with besides dress up?

Excellent post!

One of the things that made original EQ so compelling was that people wanted to "live" there.  That really became part of their life and their reality.  It was much more than a stat/loot/gear-fest, it was a (literal, not figurative) life.

Most of us here get that - that's why we are here and exactly what Pantheon is aiming for.  I just want to know they take that philosophy seriously - I don't care how they avoid the Ken&Barbnie Syndrome, just as long as they know that they want to avoid it.

• 902 posts
    October 19, 2016 12:59 PM PDT

What environmental effect would you like to see and how would it affect a player, group and/or zone?

I would like to see a meteor shower hit all lands once a year and cause anything from a shooting star display to impacts that cause hit damage and fire aoes where the meteors hit. Watching it from a cave would be a cool site. Maybe once in a while a big one hits the water and causes a tsunami or if it hit land it would cause a short-lived eruption. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. LOL if only.

• 1434 posts
    October 19, 2016 1:10 PM PDT

How many mmos costing hundreds of millions have to tank before people stop advocating failed designs from said game be implemented in Pantheon?

• 172 posts
    October 19, 2016 3:04 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

How many mmos costing hundreds of millions have to tank before people stop advocating failed designs from said game be implemented in Pantheon?

I did some calculations and made up a couple graphs.  From what I understand, it is going to take:

...at least 87 more hundred million dollar MMOs.      :(

This post was edited by JDNight at October 19, 2016 3:04 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 19, 2016 5:05 PM PDT

Manouk said:

Zorkon said: When a game has 10,000 subscribers. And a forum for this same game has 100 active members. How can we have any idea "what most players want" do we just assume this 100 is a accurate cross section?

Whoah 10k players in Pantheon? that is impressive, i think higher than current MMO;s out there and the game has not started- interesting.

I think VRi was lookignfor a base number like this- pretty impressive. P99 only has, what , 700 players on average, daily?

10K- for a game not started, pretty good.

I think Zorkon was being more general but even our official Facebook page has 13k+ people following: https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo which is pretty good :D

• 781 posts
    October 19, 2016 5:10 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Manouk said:

Zorkon said: When a game has 10,000 subscribers. And a forum for this same game has 100 active members. How can we have any idea "what most players want" do we just assume this 100 is a accurate cross section?

Whoah 10k players in Pantheon? that is impressive, i think higher than current MMO;s out there and the game has not started- interesting.

I think VRi was lookignfor a base number like this- pretty impressive. P99 only has, what , 700 players on average, daily?

10K- for a game not started, pretty good.

I think Zorkon was being more general but even our official Facebook page has 13k+ people following: https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo which is pretty good :D

Yup, Yup ! :)  And it's rising !.... Let the good times roll ! :) 

• 63 posts
    October 19, 2016 7:02 PM PDT

How did you come up with your main's name? What is the story behind the name?

What are your thoughts on April Fools' Day pranks by GMs? Is this inexcusably immersion-breaking or a legitimate way to infuse the game with humor?

• 22 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:37 AM PDT

How many hours per week of game time played would you consider to be a casual player?

• 393 posts
    October 20, 2016 9:08 PM PDT

What primarily causes you to stop playing a game you were once very passionate and/or interested about? 

• 172 posts
    October 20, 2016 10:19 PM PDT
    What direction do you see for the path of the modern MMO genre with the resurfacing of games like pantheon that revert to the original style of gameplay?