Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What would you ask the Community?

• 184 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:16 AM PDT

Would the community prefer to receive updates on a weekly basis or monthly basis, and what do you want the dev’s to discuss? Obviously, it should be something they can talk about. As an example, since they’ve released very, very basic information about a few of the classes would you want them to offer more information about those classes? Or would the community like to see short video clips of Kilsin running around the zone or some other feats?

Rint

• 31 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:22 AM PDT

What special accomodations are you going to make to your lifestyle for the first week that Pantheon is live?

• 2 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:37 AM PDT

What do you think of additional/extra social structures in addition to Guilds, such as fellowships (holds around 15-20 friends, a bit like a small guild)? 

Add edit: The why is I'd like to know the thoughts for a group of friends having the ability to have their own way to stay in touch that are not in the same guild. EQ brought this feature in with a campfire for summoning people to a location if 3 members were already there (not that I would support this feature for Pantheon). But it was nice to have our own chat channel over the years. 

This post was edited by streater at October 17, 2016 3:21 PM PDT
    • 49 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:46 AM PDT

kefka said:

How many hours do you plan to play each week?

far far to many lol

• 49 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:48 AM PDT

Benezetta said:

What special accomodations are you going to make to your lifestyle for the first week that Pantheon is live?

2 weeks vacation hbu?

• 166 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:55 AM PDT

If you get a second copy of Pantheon (Keepers Pledge and higher), what are you going to do with your second copy of Pantheon?

Why? Because I want to know if the other players are planing to bring their spouse or friends to the game, or if the want to multibox or whatever they want to do with the second copy.

What will be your main activity in Pantheon? Crafting, raiding, PvP, ...

Why? Because I want to know what other players have the same interessts in game than I have.

What do you expect Pantheon to be? The hardest and most punishing game in history, a moderate game for some fun beside work and family or a free for all game where everyone gets everything without to much effort? Of course everything in between is also possible als answer.

Why? Just because I'm curious.

• 142 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:59 AM PDT

Do you plan entering Pantheon as a lone adventurer, making new friends as you play? Or do you plan on starting with an already established guild that is organized and ready to take on the new world as a group?

• 114 posts
    October 17, 2016 12:34 PM PDT

My question would be:

What is the general opinion on AFK leveling by pet classes such as summoners and necros, and how would you address this issue? 

In case you are not familiar with this term, it has to do with a pet class person who goes specifically to a group of blue aggro mobs (or a static mob) and goes AFK for hours. The pet is on defensive mode, and as soon as the player is attacked, the pet will defend and gain aggro, killing the mob which gains xp for the AFK player. As the mob respawned, it would attack the PC, and pet would defend and ad infinitum. They didn't loot, and dead mobs would just stack up and rot. By doing this, many mage/necro players were able to rack up a lot of AA exp as well as regular experience (depending on level), all while being AFK.

Personally, as a mage in EQ and EQ2, I found it very wrong, and got my class lumped into a bad reputation because of it. It really made me upset to have it be assumed that since I was a mage, that this was what I did.

I'd like to see some way to change this...perhaps by adjusting the AFK mechanic, or by making it so pets cannot attack while their master is AFK even if set to do so. 

• 34 posts
    October 17, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

When you're not gaming, what are you doing? ("What else do you do with your time?")

----> curiosity about the person(ality) behind the avatar

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 3:19 PM PDT

There are some great questions in this thread, nice job and keep them coming, I may feature some of the good ones as part of my Monday CM content so you can have them answered on a large scale :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 17, 2016 10:25 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    October 17, 2016 3:49 PM PDT

How often do you think expansions should come out?

I think it should be every year and a half- provided the initial content remains relevant (no empty starting cities).

Because: If a player starts later on, it gives them enough time to catch up somewhat before the other expansion comes out.Some people wait for sales.

( My a casual style play meant raiding 2 days a week and on for average 2.5 hrs for the other 4 days. 1 day off)  

• 172 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:17 PM PDT

Let's say you are max level, and have a lot of good gear.  You've done a good number of the raids, some repeatedly, and most of the dungeons.  What do you want to do next?  See the rest of them?  Do them again?  Take up tradeskills?  Start over with an alt?  Help some players that have less progression in the game?  Or something else?

Also,

Let's say there are several power guilds up there running all of the end game stuff.  You are in a smaller guild with some close friends.  Are you jealous and want to join the larger guilds?  Are you happy making your way through the game at a slower pace?  Or would you really like to have some way to stick it to those high level clowns?

Hmmm, maybe I got carried away on the last one....

This post was edited by JDNight at October 17, 2016 4:20 PM PDT
    • 99 posts
    October 17, 2016 5:00 PM PDT
    What class/race combo do you plan to main?
    • 1404 posts
    October 17, 2016 5:53 PM PDT
    When a game has 10,000 subscribers.
    And a forum for this same game has 100 active members.
    How can we have any idea "what most players want" do we just assume this 100 is a accurate cross section?
    • 184 posts
    October 17, 2016 7:46 PM PDT

Zorkon said: When a game has 10,000 subscribers. And a forum for this same game has 100 active members. How can we have any idea "what most players want" do we just assume this 100 is a accurate cross section?

Nice...

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 10:30 PM PDT

Zorkon said: When a game has 10,000 subscribers. And a forum for this same game has 100 active members. How can we have any idea "what most players want" do we just assume this 100 is a accurate cross section?

The answer to that is, we can't, and we are very aware of that and have been from the beginning, which is why when someone posts their opinion and 10+ people freak out and argue with that person in threads I try to tell them to calm down and not worry as it is only an opinion and most likely not something we would ever risk adding to our game and that is not to say we don't listen and act on good suggestions that have community support but these forums plus Twitter and FB are a very small sample pool of what our actual player base will be and we will have methods to reach as many people as possible when we require feedback, either in-game or by way of emailing the account attached to a subscription etc. but using only a handful of people responding to base decisions on is not smart at all.

• 45 posts
    October 17, 2016 10:35 PM PDT

Based on your knowledge of the lore and races so far, which class/race combo are you excited to see and why?

Do you believe Rok’Nhilthamos will make a reappearnce as a raid boss? :O   ALL HAIL THE DRAGON KING >:3

• 65 posts
    October 18, 2016 3:46 AM PDT

How relieved will you be when the new forums finally get implemented.

and

What percentage do you think is a decent one for the Death penalty 10, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 or more

This post was edited by Porky at October 18, 2016 10:09 AM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    October 18, 2016 6:27 AM PDT

Polls.  In-game and web-based, identical.  Daily or ~Daily, with in-game flavor rewards/points for completion.

• 644 posts
    October 18, 2016 6:29 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could ask the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen community one question, what would it be and why?

I may actually use some of the top replies in my CM content, so give it your best shot :)

When can I finally move into my new home on Terminus ? {insert a million exclamation points here}

• 120 posts
    October 18, 2016 12:34 PM PDT

I would ask the community if given the option would they prefer being able to level all classes on 1 character or multiple. I'm sure this is already set in stone, none-the-less would still ask.

• 4 posts
    October 18, 2016 1:38 PM PDT

Kilsin... I love your community questions, it's why I stalk Facebook while I'm at work... keep at it!

I'm looking forward to spouting off on many of the above questions, there's some good ones, some entertaining ones, and a few that I'm just eager to express my opinion on.

In particular the one about loot drops vs crafting elements.

I think the questions are a great way to help develop interaction with the community.  I also think the way other games have gone the route of Reddit and similiar avenues sorta

breaks down the community.  But that's my copper pieces.

I've got a few on the FB page already on this one, but I think there's plenty of room for more.  So here's one:

Kilsin's Corner has gone a long ways towards developing dialogue among community members... and we're all eager to see it continue post launch.  What are some other activities that you've enjoyed "out of game" that helped you feel connected to your favorite games?

• 9115 posts
    October 18, 2016 5:27 PM PDT

Rhoshan said:

Kilsin... I love your community questions, it's why I stalk Facebook while I'm at work... keep at it!

I'm looking forward to spouting off on many of the above questions, there's some good ones, some entertaining ones, and a few that I'm just eager to express my opinion on.

In particular the one about loot drops vs crafting elements.

I think the questions are a great way to help develop interaction with the community.  I also think the way other games have gone the route of Reddit and similiar avenues sorta

breaks down the community.  But that's my copper pieces.

I've got a few on the FB page already on this one, but I think there's plenty of room for more.  So here's one:

Kilsin's Corner has gone a long ways towards developing dialogue among community members... and we're all eager to see it continue post launch.  What are some other activities that you've enjoyed "out of game" that helped you feel connected to your favorite games?

Thank you! I am glad you like them and I will certainly do my best :)

Good question!

• 1404 posts
    October 18, 2016 7:42 PM PDT

Question #1

Comparison has been made in the past between poor mistreated casters needing to Research their spells. And yet Melee were just given their abilitys.
    What are some methods that could be used to balance this by adding test/activities to Melee to recover there abilities?
    My reason for asking is I see all to often where game play is diminished because Devs take the easy way out... to balance this particular situation Removing Research was the result. (Bad form!)

Question #2

MMORPG's have seemed to evolve into just Barbie and Ken dress up, it's all about the gear, the epic breastplate or gloves nothing else.
    I seem to remember in early EQ it was more building your character. You had to find/create your spells, spend skill points, repeatedly cast some low level schools of spells to stop fizzles, 1HB 2HB etc.

What other means of "Building a Character" could you come up with besides dress up?
    My reason for asking is if I or my friends didn't have all our current level spells, then that was our motivation, to get those spells. For me that was the game and it has been removed from most mmo's out there today.

Edit: tried to clean it up a bit now that I'm not on my phone and can actually see it.

This post was edited by Zorkon at October 20, 2016 9:36 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    October 19, 2016 7:45 AM PDT

Whoah 10k players in Pantheon? that is impressive, i think higher than current MMO;s out there and the game has not started- interesting.

I think VRi was lookignfor a base number like this- pretty impressive. P99 only has, what , 700 players on average, daily?

10K- for a game not started, pretty good.