Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What would you ask the Community?

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 3:55 AM PDT

If you could ask the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen community one question, what would it be and why?

I may actually use some of the top replies in my CM content, so give it your best shot :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 17, 2016 4:22 AM PDT
    • 65 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:10 AM PDT

what main concept/mechanic advertising point pulled you into supporting pantheon to help it become a reality.

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Porky said:

what main concept/mechanic advertising point pulled you into supporting pantheon to help it become a reality.

That is a great question!

• 308 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Why not have all gear made by crafters?

and as to why i would ask this: i can suspend disbelief to allow magic, monsters, and supernatural abilities. But even suspension of disbelief has a limit. i have a hard time believing that anyone would take the breastplate that the orc king was waring and just put it on, or that a snake was wearing a pair of boots, but players really seem to want to stick to the old "gear falling out of the sky" when a mob dies idea / crafters cant make the game's best gear because it would make raiders less special. Yes it does make it more convenient that gear magically appears when mobs are defeated (even if rarely) but to me it just seems like it would add to immersion if the drops were realistic like snakes dropping fangs skins and organs (maybe they dont even drop and you need to have a harvesting skill to get them) or maybe some coins. then having to take these things to a crafter to have them made into gear (along with other items) to make the wearable product. this to me would make it more of a world and make interdependance more of a must.

This post was edited by Gawd at October 17, 2016 4:24 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:23 AM PDT

Gawd said:

and as to why i would ask this: i can suspend disbelief to allow magic, monsters, and supernatural abilities. But even suspension of disbelief has a limit. i have a hard time believing that anyone would take the breastplate that the orc king was waring and just put it on, or that a snake was wearing a pair of boots, but players really seem to want to stick to the old "gear falling out of the sky" when a mob dies idea. Yes it does make it more convenient that gear magically appears when mobs are defeated (even if rarely) but to me it just seems like it would add to immersion if the drops were realistic like snakes dropping fangs skins and organs (maybe they dont even drop and you need to have a harvesting skill to get them) or maybe some coins. then having to take these things to a crafter to have them made into gear (along with other items) to make the wearable product. this to me would make it more of a world and make interdependance more of a must.

The Pantheon community won't know the answer to that my friend, we have not released that information yet. You are asking this community a question, not the devs ;)

• 308 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:29 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Gawd said:

and as to why i would ask this: i can suspend disbelief to allow magic, monsters, and supernatural abilities. But even suspension of disbelief has a limit. i have a hard time believing that anyone would take the breastplate that the orc king was waring and just put it on, or that a snake was wearing a pair of boots, but players really seem to want to stick to the old "gear falling out of the sky" when a mob dies idea. Yes it does make it more convenient that gear magically appears when mobs are defeated (even if rarely) but to me it just seems like it would add to immersion if the drops were realistic like snakes dropping fangs skins and organs (maybe they dont even drop and you need to have a harvesting skill to get them) or maybe some coins. then having to take these things to a crafter to have them made into gear (along with other items) to make the wearable product. this to me would make it more of a world and make interdependance more of a must.

The Pantheon community won't know the answer to that my friend, we have not released that information yet. You are asking this community a question, not the devs ;)

i get that but there is a strong pull in the community to make sure that the best gear in the game is magically appearing after the fight of a really tough boss monster and that the gear crafters have no place in the top end gear market. i am intersted in why they think this way when to me it just takes away from immersion.

PS maybe i worded it wrong how about this "What do you think about having all gear in the game created by players crafting skill or rewards from quests rather than falling from the sky when mobs die?"

This post was edited by Gawd at October 17, 2016 4:30 AM PDT
    • 1303 posts
    October 17, 2016 4:48 AM PDT

Gawd said:

and as to why i would ask this: i can suspend disbelief to allow magic, monsters, and supernatural abilities. But even suspension of disbelief has a limit. i have a hard time believing that anyone would take the breastplate that the orc king was waring and just put it on, or that a snake was wearing a pair of boots, but players really seem to want to stick to the old "gear falling out of the sky" when a mob dies idea / crafters cant make the game's best gear because it would make raiders less special. Yes it does make it more convenient that gear magically appears when mobs are defeated (even if rarely) but to me it just seems like it would add to immersion if the drops were realistic like snakes dropping fangs skins and organs (maybe they dont even drop and you need to have a harvesting skill to get them) or maybe some coins. then having to take these things to a crafter to have them made into gear (along with other items) to make the wearable product. this to me would make it more of a world and make interdependance more of a must.

Why is it not believable that the [insert race here] has figured out a technique to produce an item that other races have not yet discovered or mastered, and the only place to get that particular effect is from that race? (meaning specifically non-playable races.) Why is it not equally believable that there will always be people that choose to conquer and pillage rather than learn a craft or purchase goods? That aside, why would gaining the materials needed for the best possible crafted items not also require raids?

On this topic, my question to the community would be: 
    How does  the paradigm of raided and cooperative gameplay content being the best gear in the game detract from your gameplay? If you arent going to attempt to tackle the most difficult content types, why do you need the pinacle of equipment to feel fullfillment?

• 65 posts
    October 17, 2016 5:38 AM PDT

how long will it take for Kilsin to get fed up copy and pasting the following to twitter.

"This is a question for the fellow Pantheon community members just like you, not the devs :D"

sorry i couldnt resist =P

This post was edited by Porky at October 17, 2016 5:41 AM PDT
    • 279 posts
    October 17, 2016 5:54 AM PDT

In Pantheon, could we all work together to lure out and slay some devs? Lets see what they drop.

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 6:00 AM PDT

Porky said:

how long will it take for Kilsin to get fed up copy and pasting the following to twitter.

"This is a question for the fellow Pantheon community members just like you, not the devs :D"

sorry i couldnt resist =P

Haha! Pretty quickly and I also realized that I copy/pasted a spelling error and /facepalmed as I couldn't be bothered to go back and edit each one individually so it stays lol :D

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 6:01 AM PDT

Pantz said:

In Pantheon, could we all work together to lure out and slay some devs? Lets see what they drop.

Right, that's it, you just made my list! :D

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 6:01 AM PDT

Gawd said:

Kilsin said:

Gawd said:

i get that but there is a strong pull in the community to make sure that the best gear in the game is magically appearing after the fight of a really tough boss monster and that the gear crafters have no place in the top end gear market. i am intersted in why they think this way when to me it just takes away from immersion.

PS maybe i worded it wrong how about this "What do you think about having all gear in the game created by players crafting skill or rewards from quests rather than falling from the sky when mobs die?"

Yeah, I get what you mean now man and good question :)

• 65 posts
    October 17, 2016 6:24 AM PDT

Whats the first thing you will do when you have access to log into Pantheon after you create a toon and get in game.

and 

If the weather changed from sunny to thunder and lightning and all the mobs you were heading towards ran for cover what would you do.

This post was edited by Porky at October 17, 2016 7:26 AM PDT
    • 18 posts
    October 17, 2016 7:01 AM PDT

How many hours do you plan to play each week?

• 781 posts
    October 17, 2016 7:19 AM PDT

upon entering and playing the game for your first hour, let's say you run into even a slight issue, will this turn you away from the game immediately or will you be willing to report it and keep playing faithfully, trusting the dev's will promptly address the situation ?

The reason i ask this is because I would like to get a mental picture of where our gaming community stands and the direction we as a community are willing to push toward maintaining a positive drive to keep Pantheon around for years to come.    *Cheers :) 

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 8:17 AM PDT

Porky said:

Whats the first thing you will do when you have access to log into Pantheon after you create a toon and get in game.

and 

If the weather changed from sunny to thunder and lightning and all the mobs you were heading towards ran for cover what would you do.

That's a really cool question :)

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 8:17 AM PDT

kefka said:

How many hours do you plan to play each week?

This is always an interesting question, so many different play styles and time slots allocated for gaming :)

• 9115 posts
    October 17, 2016 8:18 AM PDT

Kelem said:

upon entering and playing the game for your first hour, let's say you run into even a slight issue, will this turn you away from the game immediately or will you be willing to report it and keep playing faithfully, trusting the dev's will promptly address the situation ?

The reason i ask this is because I would like to get a mental picture of where our gaming community stands and the direction we as a community are willing to push toward maintaining a positive drive to keep Pantheon around for years to come.    *Cheers :) 

That is a great question and an important one for anyone considering to help us test :)

• 151 posts
    October 17, 2016 8:22 AM PDT

What game have you played in the past that you remember the "lore" or background story?

Is there one that sticks out more?

If yes, What did the developers of that game do that was effective in immersing you in their world?

• 1921 posts
    October 17, 2016 8:23 AM PDT

Q: " Do you want a difficulty slider, anywhere, at all, ever, in Pantheon? "

• 200 posts
    October 17, 2016 8:25 AM PDT
    I think I'd ask what immersion means for you. What results in a more immersive experience for you and what detracts from it.

But that's simply because I find it such a fascinating topic :D.
    • 1778 posts
    October 17, 2016 9:16 AM PDT
    A Cleric, a Warrior, and a Bard walk into a bar. And attempt to drink each other under the table. Who is able to WALK out at the end of the evening?
    • 500 posts
    October 17, 2016 9:25 AM PDT
    The Dwarf, of course.
    • 1778 posts
    October 17, 2016 9:34 AM PDT
    I like your out of the box thinking ^.^
    • 243 posts
    October 17, 2016 11:09 AM PDT

What is the most memorable group experience that you have had, and what did you accomplish?