Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

One Buff Rules Them All

• 409 posts
    September 27, 2016 12:48 PM PDT

Anarchy Online - Baton of Command.

9% exp boost for 1 hour.

In any grindy game, exp boosts rule all.

• 1618 posts
    December 10, 2016 9:15 PM PST

Levitation. Enough said.

• 137 posts
    December 11, 2016 8:14 AM PST
    Dead Man Floating
    • 131 posts
    December 11, 2016 8:15 AM PST

Rune spells for enchanters.  Lesser ones that do not require a consumable and better ones that do.

~MINX

• 37 posts
    December 11, 2016 7:44 PM PST

Harmshield was a fave of mine on my SK. 20 seconds of total imunity. It also for the very well versed on SK gameplay reset your threat meter to zero. If hem....you pulled agro off your guild leader .....during a raid just to piss him off. And i wouldnt know anything about this at all.

This post was edited by Dkeesling007 at December 11, 2016 7:44 PM PST
    • 40 posts
    December 11, 2016 11:57 PM PST

DMF.  It's all I had and I liked to pretend that it was important and casted it about 50x per raid, making my guild leader scream.  I suspect he was screaming because he needed DMF!

But in all seriousness, there is a ''buff'' that I DON'T want.  The subversions from EQ1 necro's....nobody should be made to be a mana pump.  Especially not a dps to feed mana to another dps.  If that gets put into game for any class, I will be a very sad panda!

FD (Feign death) should be on the necro when it's in game.  I loved managing aggro with it. 

This post was edited by patrick83 at December 12, 2016 12:01 AM PST
    • 37 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:18 AM PST

patrick83 said:

But in all seriousness, there is a ''buff'' that I DON'T want.  The subversions from EQ1 necro's....nobody should be made to be a mana pump.  Especially not a dps to feed mana to another dps.  If that gets put into game for any class, I will be a very sad panda!

Yeah, I hear you. 

I don't dislike the spell. Necro's had a nice mana regen and they could help with downtime/intense fight to give mana to a cleric since their regen was so much better. THIS part of the spell I agree with. I also like the idea of a mana tap hitting a cleric and a necro saving the day with feeding mana to the cleric. 

THENNNN you have things like the Xegony fight which turned necros into mana pumps because of the sheer duration of the fight. This sucked for them. It was a necessary tactic at the time. I'm sure other fights took advantage of it, but this was the one I remember since it was an hour long Complete Heal chain for the clerics. 

It was a useless spell 99% of the game, and a few fights took advantage of it in the wrong way, but i don't dislike this type of spell existing. 

• 40 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:43 AM PST

I agree with what you're saying, Senthin.  I still think that there should be a way to manage mana more like an enchanter being able to give everyone a mana up every so often, etc.  I don't think it's a spell that a DPS should have.  I'm sure that you had some wizards or...asking you for mana.  I would normally just laugh and ignore them but it's a good stupid way to start fights.  They feel like they are superior dps and you should of been feeding them...  If they make the spell ''usable on clerics or enchanters only'', then maybe.  I still don't like the idea of it personally but that's already better since we're less likely to be abused.

• 69 posts
    December 12, 2016 6:49 AM PST

I saw the shaman cast run speed buffs during the livestream,  but I don't know if those run speed buffs cover indoor and outdoor zones together.  If not, then I would like to see some form of indoor run speed buff so that traversing dungeons wouldn't be as painful if your outdoor only run speed buff fades.

• 243 posts
    December 12, 2016 7:01 AM PST

+1 to Rune spells Minx,  they are a great tool to give a high hate character a way to mitigate a hit or two.  I would support each squishy class having one, though of course they would need to have limits and not be stupid powerful.