Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

One Buff Rules Them All

• 23 posts
    September 12, 2016 9:55 AM PDT

vjek said:

I'll call it "Windwalker" and it would be a combination of a movement speed buff and levitation.  If I had to pick just one, that would probably be the most useful in a game with lots of water and exploration on foot.

Add superior vision and I/we call it Spirit of Eagle ;)

It's great to hear that SoW is already in the game. I'd like to see SoE as well. There were times where the levitation wasn't useful and we'd have to remove SoE and use SoW instead. For example, underwater exploration doesn't work well when you're stuck floating above the water. Maybe we could get some Spirit of Fish! Faster swimming with underwater breathing. Otherwise, I'll stick with Amulet of the Grey Wastes.

As a typical melee character though, haste was always something I wanted. I was constantly looking at upgrading handwraps or a silk sash and looking for a good enchanter for a speed boost to my swing. Taking down mobs as quickly as possible reduces their time to do much damage. Less damage means fewer heals. Fewer heals means more mana for the cleric. More mana for the cleric means more pulls. More pulls means more exp for all!

• 147 posts
    September 12, 2016 10:32 AM PDT

Wonderous Rapidity   ( 70% haste ) attack speed buffs are always nice.

• 613 posts
    September 12, 2016 10:53 AM PDT

An odd questin here.  Is there agame that had a buff that would do a mass stat boost?  I mean everything.  I can't remeber a buff or speel that would do that in any of the games I ahve played. 

Ox

• 187 posts
    September 12, 2016 10:57 AM PDT

Oxillion said:

An odd questin here.  Is there agame that had a buff that would do a mass stat boost?  I mean everything.  I can't remeber a buff or speel that would do that in any of the games I ahve played. 

Ox

Not to my knowledge. That'd be neat though, something like Existentialism - +10 to all stats.

• 86 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:14 AM PDT

KEI is for sissies, Haste is where its at.

Group wolf form is a fun one.

Back when games actually got dark at night I loved any buff that helped me to see, Acumen or Ultravision.

• 86 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:15 AM PDT

Oxillion said:

Ox

Avatar would give 100 atk/dex/str/agi

• 33 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:22 AM PDT

Id like to see a buff that negates or diminishes environmental effects. I have a hopeful feeling that's going to be very useful!

• 151 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:28 AM PDT

I would love to see every class get a class defining skill/buff/spell that only their class gets.

As for what alreadybeenseen buff I would like to see return.. Bloodletter from EQ2 Shadowknight AA tree

• 613 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:29 AM PDT

Well I would call it the Ox-E boost then.  All stats +5% or somehting.  Plus the stain removal.

Ox

• 166 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:32 AM PDT

I would like to see a funny buff in game. Which you can use to change your appearance or the appearance of other players.

A buff which let the character randomly look like a different race. E. g. the goblin player will look like an elf or a human.

This would be funny and maybe even a little trick for PvP?

• 180 posts
    September 12, 2016 11:52 AM PDT

Levitate and inviz, being a cleric having other peoples inviz spells wear off right at the WRONG time :)

• 9 posts
    September 12, 2016 12:16 PM PDT

cannabilize....

...that is all.

-Chris

This post was edited by trukk at September 12, 2016 12:17 PM PDT
    • 334 posts
    September 12, 2016 12:26 PM PDT

Are we hijacking this thread to talk about buffs in general? If so, I'm totally okay with this and will be happy to contribute.

I don't have actual examples, but I'd love to see:

1. Class specific buffs (self-only)
    2. Race specific buffs (meaningful or flavor)
    3. Some powerful buffs that also include debuffs (ideal for some instances and awful for others, sometimes referred to as "stances" for physical combat classes)
    • 11 posts
    September 12, 2016 12:55 PM PDT

I'm all for that "Eagle Eye" idea, thats pretty awesome, or a sort of "Named Mob" tracking, like a bounty that you could pick up in the town, that would give you a general idea(but never a "HES HERE!!!") type thing where it say, lead you to a particular area, or zone, abd you'd have to flush him out or find him from there.

• 89 posts
    September 12, 2016 1:17 PM PDT

Any buff that minimizes downtime.

• 36 posts
    September 12, 2016 1:22 PM PDT

I forgot the best buff ever:

Can o' Whoop Ass

• 668 posts
    September 12, 2016 1:44 PM PDT

Most EQ spell buffs have already been mentioned, so wanted to create my own:

Cleric / Paladin -  Mass of Purity single Greater Mass of Purity Group

Spell - Transforms a player(s) into a pure mass of illumination, allowing for 30% increase in movement speed, 30% light radius enhancement, 30% aggro reduction radius... 

*aggro causes spell to wear off

*originally 15 minute duration but can be improved to 30 minutes with AA buff enhancements

• 35 posts
    September 12, 2016 2:03 PM PDT

Any type of Regen (Health or Mana) and any type of run-speed.  Hands down.

However, I would really like to see the more than one version of a really useful spell like KEI so that the player base isn't 50% chanter and 50% the other 11 classes.

• 334 posts
    September 12, 2016 2:22 PM PDT

jerus said:

I forgot the best buff ever:

Can o' Whoop Ass

How could I forget this? BRING BACK DRUNK KELETHIN RACES. Can o' Whoop Ass as the reward.

• 308 posts
    September 12, 2016 2:41 PM PDT

if i could get only one spell into pantheon it would have to be

Spiritual light http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=2176

• 10 posts
    September 12, 2016 3:40 PM PDT

KEI +1

• 34 posts
    September 12, 2016 3:56 PM PDT

There was only one buff that I wanted on me, like at all times -- Levitation.

I guess it just felt like a smoother experience (this, in EverQuest) vs shifting and thumping around with every little 'bump in the road'.

• 264 posts
    September 12, 2016 4:29 PM PDT

MGB KEI at the Bank in 15 Mins.

It would look like a mass of hippies having a sit in at the POK bank. It was fun just being in the crowd waiting as lots of other buffs and stuff was going on.

• 114 posts
    September 12, 2016 4:42 PM PDT

Personally I hated run speed with levitation attached...just give me one or the other and let them stack. Reason is it was horrible for me to do any fighting while levitating, and if you click off the levi you lost run speed as well. Always made me happy yet ticked off when a druid would do a drive by buffing of SoE...if the buff would show up as 2 diff icons that you can click off if needed I would be much happier.

Now, one buff I would like to see as a summoner is to have mass group fire shield buff (or the equivalent)...group buffs were so nice! And as a summoner with a bazillion spells to cast, any time saving ones were welcome.

Actually, thinking about it...perhaps the pets themselves could proc a group buff. So, maybe fire pets = fire dmg shield, water pets = ice dmg shield, earth pets= crystalline dmg shield, air pets= lightning dmg shield.

I seem to remember my mage in EQ2 could have her fire pet proc a group dmg shield...it was automatically done, and pet would keep track of timers and recast. So that would be amazingly nice to have :)

This post was edited by Frogz0r at September 12, 2016 5:02 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    September 12, 2016 5:44 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could pick one buff to implement into Pantheon, what would it be and why?

The EQ1 shaman spell line Focus of Spirit.  Increases targets maximum HP, strength and dexterity.

But, for fun and giggles, targetable True North so when someone asks you where some place is and you say "go east until you see it" and they ask "well which way is east" you then cast True North and say "well that direction is north so figure it out from there".