Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Next Twich Stream

• 133 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:52 AM PDT

What would you like the devs to show us next?

I'm hoping for a dungeon. I recently saw very old and partial footage of one on Youtube, and the atmosphere was to die for (yeah, pun intented :D ).

• 6 posts
    May 1, 2016 9:26 AM PDT

Yeah Zenya, I'd also like to see a bit of a dungeon walk-thru. Maybe if they could show us some more of the starting zones for the other races that would be cool too. I'd also like to see maybe some mount character models if they're available..

• 138 posts
    May 1, 2016 9:40 AM PDT

A dungeon would be cool, but I'm hoping we get to see the next stream from a different class's perspective. Hopefully a melee class, or the healer type.

• 595 posts
    May 1, 2016 9:55 AM PDT

A dungeon is a no brainer, I’m on board for sure.  A tour of one of the cities or sanctums would be cool too.

• 133 posts
    May 1, 2016 10:13 AM PDT
    Cool stuff, guys!
    • 264 posts
    May 1, 2016 10:19 AM PDT

I would like to see them initiate and complete a quest; If a Dungeon is involved that is cool too.

Sky

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:13 AM PDT

I think this is a great thread and really welcome the comment and ideas from the community.  As much as we can't wait to do the next twitch, we also know that it has to have enough new stuff in it to make it worthwhile.  It's something we've been talking about internally and we'd love to hear from you as well.   How much farther along should the game be?  What features do we need to show next?  What setting (I think a dungeon is a great idea)?  Etc?

thanks in advance!

• 288 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:18 AM PDT

A dungeon would be wicked, maybe even with a proper pull type progression to it, where stuff is working as it probably would on launch, real 3-4 pulls with real cc that if not done correctly would really wipe you.  I'd also like to see a stream in 1080p, the last stream wasn't up to par in graphical quality, and while myself and a lot of others may not care, there are a lot of potential Pantheonites that were dissuaded by that.

Maybe show us what you really mean by caravans, because at this moment all I have to go on is what I've seen in previous games, and if its anything like that, it's nearly a game-breaker.

• 1468 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:27 AM PDT

Skycaster said:

I would like to see them initiate and complete a quest; If a Dungeon is involved that is cool too.

Sky

I agree with this. I'd love to see a quest completed especially if it involved a dungeon and some lore as well. Show yourselves talking to NPCs so we can see what the whole questing experience is like (I love quests especially when they have interesting lore associated with them) and who doesn't love dungeons?

• 668 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:38 AM PDT

I think the same format as last time, group make up to cover the tank, healer, CC, DPS, maybe pet class in group...  

Crawl a dungeon and knock out some bosses.  Maybe show how a good puller should work the dungeon, show comparison when not done properly.  I think a lot of us would like to see how the "pulling" skill can work in Pantheon.  Definitely show the travel time to get there and all that requires.  Maybe give a flash of something new such as interface or an up-to-date mana system demonstration.

Would LOVE to see all this!

• 74 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:53 AM PDT

Some great suggestions already listed, but will add additional races to see would be nice.

• 106 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:57 AM PDT

Selfish request: Monk animation/mechanics.

• 18 posts
    May 1, 2016 12:12 PM PDT

Rallyd said:

A dungeon would be wicked, maybe even with a proper pull type progression to it, where stuff is working as it probably would on launch, real 3-4 pulls with real cc that if not done correctly would really wipe you.  I'd also like to see a stream in 1080p, the last stream wasn't up to par in graphical quality, and while myself and a lot of others may not care, there are a lot of potential Pantheonites that were dissuaded by that.

Maybe show us what you really mean by caravans, because at this moment all I have to go on is what I've seen in previous games, and if its anything like that, it's nearly a game-breaker.

Long version Brad post https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/blogs/151/176/pantheon-new-features-and-new-players 

Short version 

Aradune said:

Anasyn said:

If tested well this system can work as attended. It's already been implemented by Brad in one of his previous games. Kilsin played that game pretty much from start to finish and knows about all the positives and negatives of the system. Have trust that if the system is implemented in this game that if it doens't work as intended that it'll be removed.

This. :)

As for the topic , I would love to see some attempt to solo with a class that have potential to and maybe even fail if a mistake was done just to satisfy difficulty expectations :)

This post was edited by Lodizal at May 1, 2016 12:16 PM PDT
    • 133 posts
    May 1, 2016 1:19 PM PDT

I love reading your suggestions, guys!

I'd love to see monks, too. And see the stream from a tank's, rogue's or monk's perspective.

Aradune said:

I think this is a great thread and really welcome the comment and ideas from the community.  As much as we can't wait to do the next twitch, we also know that it has to have enough new stuff in it to make it worthwhile.  It's something we've been talking about internally and we'd love to hear from you as well.   How much farther along should the game be?  What features do we need to show next?  What setting (I think a dungeon is a great idea)?  Etc?

thanks in advance!

Thank you! I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do while we wait. And hopefully helpful for you guys, too.

This post was edited by Zenya at May 1, 2016 1:24 PM PDT
    • 30 posts
    May 1, 2016 1:36 PM PDT

I agree that showing off a good dungeon crawl would be cool. But for the next video, I would like to see the classes more balanced and have gear that’s more appropriate for their level. In other words, no level 7 tank with a Fiery Avenger or a level 7 rogue backstabbing for 800+ damage. I would like to see what a more realistic combat experience will be like. I would also like to see how split pulling will work by either having a monk FD pull or a chanter/druid lulling. I’m not sure if you’re that far into development to have those implemented yet, but it would be great to see it once its in.

I would also like to see some of the starting cities. Even if they aren’t completely finished yet. Just to get an idea what they look like.

• 2138 posts
    May 1, 2016 1:47 PM PDT

Yes, start in a city or populous area, meet friends, look at their faces as they wave, group up, run to place where dungeon is said to be, deal with/avoid  roamers along the way, if any, enter dungeon , do stuff ( pulling, finding a spot, crawling, adds,  invising past, environment challenge) deal with drops,exit dungeon, head back, sell, camp. 

• 801 posts
    May 1, 2016 2:04 PM PDT

Aradune said:

thanks in advance!

Awesome, i was so looking forward to this after your first Twitch.

I would like to see dungeon fights, but also a possible raid when we go to NDA testing.

Maybe a big giant dragon, flying down to fight. LOL

We probally can all agree, that these twitch sessions are bring new people to pantheon, which is what we really need here.

Thanks, for posting this topic :)

+1

Edit = What about showing off different classes? and some of the cool abilities like a enchanter type charming, or mezzing. Just an idea?

This post was edited by Crazzie at May 1, 2016 2:08 PM PDT
    • 288 posts
    May 1, 2016 3:25 PM PDT

Lodizal said:

Rallyd said:

Long version Brad post https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/blogs/151/176/pantheon-new-features-and-new-players 

Short version 

Aradune said:

Anasyn said:

If tested well this system can work as attended. It's already been implemented by Brad in one of his previous games. Kilsin played that game pretty much from start to finish and knows about all the positives and negatives of the system. Have trust that if the system is implemented in this game that if it doens't work as intended that it'll be removed.

This. :)

As for the topic , I would love to see some attempt to solo with a class that have potential to and maybe even fail if a mistake was done just to satisfy difficulty expectations :)

The link doesn't discuss caravans in any meaningful or detailed way, and the short version leads me to believe that he wants it to be like Vanguard's caravan system, which was a train wreck and exploitable mess that had no business being in a virtual world.  Therefore since I'm a fan of Pantheon and Brad, I would hope to hear that he doesn't plan to ruin a virtual world with a fast travel mechanic run amuck (caravans).

• 176 posts
    May 1, 2016 3:26 PM PDT

I would be happy to watch you walking around clicking buttons doing anything. The great thing about the last live stream was not only what I saw but also what I heard. listening to you guys talking to each other and talking about the game was really the best part. Your enthusiasm definitely showed through. Just hearing confirmation on some of the ideas we have read about was awesome!

If I did have to pick something specific that I was interested in I would love to see what you have going on for the home of the Dark Myr. 
    • 105 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:25 PM PDT

I would love to see character creation.  For me my adventure begins with a character that I can fall in love with.

• 1434 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:34 PM PDT

I'd take more of what we got last time, but this time on a better quality stream. If nothing else, I would like to see the session recorded, straight from the client, and posted to youtube. I've seen a lot of people claim the game looks poor based on that stream, and be blown away at how much different it looks in screenshots.

• 366 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:44 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

I'd take more of what we got last time, but this time on a better quality stream. If nothing else, I would like to see the session recorded, straight from the client, and posted to youtube. I've seen a lot of people claim the game looks poor based on that stream, and be blown away at how much different it looks in screenshots.

I do agree that the quality of the stream should be high priority. I dont know why it is such a big deal for others in a pre-alpha game but this issue keeps popping up and Dullahan has done a lot of defending on other forums. I have to complement him on that.

This post was edited by Zarriya at May 1, 2016 7:53 PM PDT
    • 79 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:38 PM PDT

Aradune said:

thanks in advance!

As others have mentioned, a dungeon crawl would be great - something that showcases some alternative approaches to pulling and cc. It would also be interesting to see it from the perspective of another class.

This may be a crazy thing to suggest, but I think it would be extremely well-received, if you could do similar quasi-regular informal streams of your play testing sessions, whether there is a plethora of new content/features to showcase or not. I had ideas of what an old-school MMORPG with current tech might be like, but actually seeing you guys playing it and thinking, "That's exactly how I would have done that - likely also including your 30-orc pull of death," was what had me throwing my credit card at the screen.

In any case, I would appreciate some heads-up here on the forums, so I can make plans to watch it.

• 5 posts
    May 1, 2016 11:43 PM PDT

A couple named fights would be cool to see.

• 133 posts
    May 2, 2016 12:06 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

We probally can all agree, that these twitch sessions are bring new people to pantheon, which is what we really need here.

Thanks, for posting this topic :)

+1

Edit = What about showing off different classes? and some of the cool abilities like a enchanter type charming, or mezzing. Just an idea?

Thanks, Crazzie! You know what? It was the twitch stream that brought me here. At first I went all rogue over these forums (stealthily lurking around), reading the FAQs and Lore and such, which is when it truly dawned on me that Pantheon is my kind of game.