Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Next Twich Stream

• 132 posts
    June 18, 2016 6:31 PM PDT

Honestly, I am happy with Anything you guys share with us. Knowing that the game hasn't even reached alpha yet, to me, means anything you guys share is really special. 

I haven't seen any other games do this. Maybe some have that I don't care about. I only play MMORPGs, nothing else. 

I would love to see a quick glimpse of character creation ( no need to spend a lot of time on it ) 

My favorite mobs in EQ were skellies because they laughed the whole time they were killing you. So I would love you see you guys fight a skellie :) 

My MAIN request if possible: better video quality. The last stream was so low res, that it was hard to watch, made the graphics look about the same as EQ1. 

This post was edited by Medjai at June 18, 2016 6:32 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    June 18, 2016 6:39 PM PDT

Medjai said:

My MAIN request if possible: better video quality. The last stream was so low res, that it was hard to watch, made the graphics look about the same as EQ1. 

The problem with that is the way Twitch works. The higher the quality of the video the higher the bit rate needed to broadcast it. Thus the higher the download speed required to watch the stream. Most people on Twitch who are not partners stream at about 2000 kbits/sec at 720p resolution which is reasonable quality video but can be viewed by the vast majority of people because it doesn't require very fast download speed on your internet connection. The better the quality the video is the faster the required download rate is and the more people you stop from watching your stream.

So it is a balancing act. The fastest you can go on Twitch anyway is 3500 kbits/sec 1080p video at 30 frames per second.

• 1860 posts
    June 18, 2016 7:11 PM PDT

Medjai said:

I would love to see a quick glimpse of character creation ( no need to spend a lot of time on it ) 

This please

• 52 posts
    June 18, 2016 11:36 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

Medjai said:

The problem with that is the way Twitch works. The higher the quality of the video the higher the bit rate needed to broadcast it. Thus the higher the download speed required to watch the stream. Most people on Twitch who are not partners stream at about 2000 kbits/sec at 720p resolution which is reasonable quality video but can be viewed by the vast majority of people because it doesn't require very fast download speed on your internet connection. The better the quality the video is the faster the required download rate is and the more people you stop from watching your stream.

So it is a balancing act. The fastest you can go on Twitch anyway is 3500 kbits/sec 1080p video at 30 frames per second.

This all could easily be avoided by simply streaming to YouTube with no limit. Actually almost anything is better than Twitch as far as video quality goes. Unfortunately all the viewers and communities are stuck on Twitch.

• 1468 posts
    June 19, 2016 1:20 AM PDT

Aldie said:

Cromulent said:

Medjai said:

This all could easily be avoided by simply streaming to YouTube with no limit. Actually almost anything is better than Twitch as far as video quality goes. Unfortunately all the viewers and communities are stuck on Twitch.

YouTube doesn't really solve the download rate required to view it though as far as I am aware. YouTube allows you to stream at much higher bit rates than Twitch. That is certainly true but you still have the trade off between streaming quality and required download speed. Shutting off people from viewing the content just because their internet connection sucks probably isn't what they want. They want the maximum number of viewers possible.

Anyway if you want to see the video in its best possible quality wait until the recorded version is uploaded to YouTube after the event. There are no restrictions on quality in that case and will likely be much better quality than the Twitch stream.

• 1303 posts
    June 19, 2016 4:39 AM PDT

Dullahan mentioned the world building streaming that we got to see in the past, and I also really miss that. I'd also love to see more concept art, and more interviews with the art staff. I'm not sure how much of a twitch session you could fill with the latter, and showing concept art is always kind of a balancing act, but it's the kind of stuff I'm an absolute sucker for. 

• 232 posts
    June 20, 2016 7:09 AM PDT

Aradune said:

I think this is a great thread and really welcome the comment and ideas from the community.  As much as we can't wait to do the next twitch, we also know that it has to have enough new stuff in it to make it worthwhile.  It's something we've been talking about internally and we'd love to hear from you as well.   How much farther along should the game be?  What features do we need to show next?  What setting (I think a dungeon is a great idea)?  Etc?

thanks in advance!

I'd love to see you simply play the game as you did before, but be sure to use the new systems, features, etc that you'd like to showcase.  I really enjoyed seeing the group combat and everything that goes along with it.  There is usually tons of stuff for us to digest just by watching a group play the game.  Personally, I'd like to see a dungeon crawl of sorts, with some sort of boss enounter.

• 112 posts
    June 20, 2016 1:18 PM PDT

philo said:

Medjai said:

This please

i concur. as well as, if possible, a few minutes of looking at spell and/or gear tooltips, explaining the effects. etc.

more general class info in general i guess.

and of course, a boss or two with some nice mechanics :)

• 264 posts
    June 20, 2016 2:23 PM PDT

I would also love to see a Pantheon Dragon; even just for a bit moving around some.

• 613 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:08 PM PDT

Random thoughts:

I was wondering if you could explore a bit. Show us the environment as it is today. May if possible show us some of the harvesting or crafting aspects.

I most interested on the world built so far. Can you get up on a mountain and just look around.   Show us Terminus at a glance.

Oh make sure this is in HD. LOL

Have a good time doing all this.  

Ox

• 613 posts
    June 21, 2016 9:59 AM PDT

Pantz threw an idea out on another thread about a 360 degree video and I think that is a great idea.  Maybe something like this to add to my above post.

Nice idea Pantz!!

Ox

• 35 posts
    June 22, 2016 2:31 AM PDT

I love the 360 degree video idea but I'd leave it for monthly reveals for new areas and leave the twitch for a dungeon run, etc.

I'd love to see the following:

1. interdependance between the classes that have been highlighted so far;
    2. One or two names in the dungeons;
    3. Some of the weather effects affecting the group;
    4. Traps!
    5. Character creation screen;

There's lots more I'd love to see but I'll wait for the stream.

Josh

This post was edited by Joshue at June 22, 2016 2:32 AM PDT
    • 63 posts
    June 30, 2016 1:34 PM PDT

When will the next (3rd) stream be? A man needs something to look forward to in order to maintain hope! 

Please respond.

Thanks!

• 9115 posts
    June 30, 2016 5:30 PM PDT

kiwenzel said:

When will the next (3rd) stream be? A man needs something to look forward to in order to maintain hope! 

Please respond.

Thanks!

There is no ETA on the next one but we are discussing a few things now :)

• 202 posts
    June 30, 2016 6:33 PM PDT

I would like to see some interaction with NPC's of the different factions and how they react to you based off your faction level, and what type of dialog's they may hold.

I saw someone mention the questing, walking through a quest from start to finish. I think that would be a great idea too. Someone else even mentioned from a different standpoint (role), I also want to see from a different class..... tired of watching the enchanters.

• 106 posts
    July 3, 2016 2:26 PM PDT
    I enjoyed it and learned a lot from the stream. My takeaway though is, it seamed to be more of a dungeon crawl than a camp style.
    • 432 posts
    July 3, 2016 2:49 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

kiwenzel said:

Please respond.

Thanks!

It's about Turtles isn't it?           

!

.==.
              __/-^-^\
             (' )^-^-^\)
              `^UU^^UU^

-Todd

• 1468 posts
    July 4, 2016 1:53 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

kiwenzel said:

Please respond.

Thanks!

Oooo :). Seeing a different zone would be awesome in the next stream. The last two are cool but I'd love to see the art direction used in different parts of the world.

• 27 posts
    July 4, 2016 8:03 AM PDT

Simples said: I enjoyed it and learned a lot from the stream. My takeaway though is, it seamed to be more of a dungeon crawl than a camp style.

Thats because they were trying to show off the dungeon and a few fetures.. why just sit at a camp in a stream to show the fighting when you can move around show the fighting and more..

• 106 posts
    July 6, 2016 6:08 PM PDT
    Ya, good point. Just didn't see much in the way of areas to camp along the way. I'm guessing it also might have more to do with how low of a level the area is.
    • 7 posts
    July 12, 2016 11:28 AM PDT

I would love to see a night/day cycle during the next stream. How dark is dark and how many different ways are there to counter the darkness....torches, spells, magic items etc...

• 578 posts
    July 12, 2016 8:24 PM PDT

Simples said: Ya, good point. Just didn't see much in the way of areas to camp along the way. I'm guessing it also might have more to do with how low of a level the area is.

I think what is great is how climates can create a scenario where you would want to camp rather than dungeon crawl. Say in the second stream where they fought through that outpost just before going into the cave, in the day time it was easy to 'crawl' through that area and fight. But what if it was dark? Sure, you could possible use torches to light your way and 'crawl' but we are not yet sure of how holding a torch affects your combat. Possibly healers can heal and also be the torch holders so that the 2handed and dual wielding fighters can fight without torches. Or you could set up camp with a bonfire and pull mobs to your camp in the night time. Climate alone can create scenarios where you would decide to camp vs crawl and I like it.

• 578 posts
    July 12, 2016 8:25 PM PDT

I would like to see what gaining a level is like and what comes with it. How the player obtains new skills/spells upon gaining the new level. Whether or not they adjust stat points. So on and so forth.

• 70 posts
    August 23, 2016 11:40 AM PDT

In the next stream i hope to see tank gameplay (or at least a melee) but prefferably a tank.  What would really be awsome is swapping through the entire groups gameplay, but i know that could be a headache.  also a group setup would be cool on the last stream someone asked what classes were in the group, but either no one wanted to say or they just didnt hear him, knowing the full group makup would be nice as well.

This post was edited by Rhelic at August 23, 2016 11:41 AM PDT
    • 613 posts
    August 23, 2016 11:45 AM PDT

I still want to see that 360 degree view.  Also please get a person that has not had too much coffee for the video feed.  Don't get me wrong love the streams but I don’t want to get motion sickness  hehe

I nominate Kilsin to get us a 360 degree video...I am going to catch hell for that one...

Ox

This post was edited by Oxillion at August 23, 2016 11:45 AM PDT