Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

LOVED the Stream - increasing Pledge!!!

• 1714 posts
    March 16, 2016 7:27 PM PDT

Looks certainly do matter, and for whatever reasons I still find myself loving the look of EQ on P1999, even though the graphics are quite obviously terrible. There's a greater than the sum of its parts thing going on. Advance T&L and shaders out the wazzoo don't mean anything if the game isn't fun, and they don't MAKE the game fun. Good graphics make a good game better. Usually they just hide a crap game like GW2. 

• 3 posts
    March 17, 2016 10:07 AM PDT

The stream made me sign up and pledge. Excited for the game!

• 70 posts
    March 17, 2016 10:41 AM PDT

Ya, I signed up after seeing the video too.  I loved that place where your character got damaged/killed when trying to go thru.  I haven't seen that happen in a while!  Awesome looking game.

• 15 posts
    March 17, 2016 11:12 AM PDT

Saw the stream and pledged as well, looking forward to alpha. 

Thank you Brad!

• 5 posts
    March 17, 2016 11:43 AM PDT

To me it's about gameplay!! Heck I still play p1999 on my 4000.00 pc and guess what?  I love the graphics! Granted it is 50 percent nostalgia...) I also play graphic intensive RPG and FPS's. What I am saying is that if the community flourishes and the game mechanics work it's a win win to me. Nice looking graphics are a plus however.

This post was edited by Viperddt at March 17, 2016 11:51 AM PDT
    • 85 posts
    March 18, 2016 6:10 AM PDT

Another new pledge here as well. I've been following the development of Pantheon for awhile now and the Twitch stream gave me the faith I needed to see this project can be completed. Keep up the great work and I look forward to future streams! I'd also like to comment briefly on the UI as others have mentioned, and to this I feel the most important factor is the UX, graphic fidelity doesn't need to be top notch but it should flow well and work with the user not against. Too many modern MMOs like to bury information under tabs more tabs and other dialog boxes. Fluid and responsive is key here IMO.