Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon Stream: You guys knocked it out of the park

• 49 posts
    March 16, 2016 7:07 AM PDT

WoW Meridian 59 i havent thought about that game in years. I have to admitt i got no where in that game. The world was so huge.................. hell just the starting city was insane. I also must say that LoTRO i actually enjoyed. Alot of people it wasnt for them but i found LOTRO had some great raid content. Just the mechanics and knowing what needed to be done and what pts to carry was very intresting. I also enjoyed having to know what chains needed to be put together. Rift wasnt a bad game at first but like most MMO s they ended up dumbing it down. Im currently trying out GW2 but its not my thing. Its a hold your hand go from point a to b theme park. But i like to get at least one Char in every MMO i play to end game. That make ican form a true opion about the games content. Also playing firefall with friends but it will more than likely die down again for the same reason it did last time. they just take way to long to release content. Ok im just going on atm about games. Later guys

• 188 posts
    March 16, 2016 7:25 AM PDT

I enjoyed the stream.  The most positive thing, to me, was that the game was functional.  Systems were in place, the mechanics seemed to work, it didn't crash, etc.  There is a long, long way to go to make this into a fully fledged game, but seeing it in action atleast reassures that progress is ongoing.  Right now, it very much looks like a combination of EverQuest and Vanguard mechanically and graphically.  It will be interesting to see if the team can adapt some of the modern creature comforts of an MMO UI while still clinging to the challenge and social nature of the older MMORPG entries.  The animations and art don't bother me at this point, though they clearly have a long way to go.  You just can't invest that much time into those areas at this stage of the game.  

At this point the clear indication is that the team needs outside funding.  They've proven they have the passion for the project to put something functional together.  Hopefully we have proven there is enough of a niche market to make it successful.  Now we have to hope that the early demo attracts enough interest that a publisher or investor thinks they can make the game profitable, so that these guys can get the resources they need to fully realize what they are trying to build.  

• 116 posts
    March 18, 2016 8:48 AM PDT

Hannar said:

I enjoyed the stream.  The most positive thing, to me, was that the game was functional.  Systems were in place, the mechanics seemed to work, it didn't crash, etc.  There is a long, long way to go to make this into a fully fledged game, but seeing it in action atleast reassures that progress is ongoing.  Right now, it very much looks like a combination of EverQuest and Vanguard mechanically and graphically.  It will be interesting to see if the team can adapt some of the modern creature comforts of an MMO UI while still clinging to the challenge and social nature of the older MMORPG entries.  The animations and art don't bother me at this point, though they clearly have a long way to go.  You just can't invest that much time into those areas at this stage of the game.  

At this point the clear indication is that the team needs outside funding.  They've proven they have the passion for the project to put something functional together.  Hopefully we have proven there is enough of a niche market to make it successful.  Now we have to hope that the early demo attracts enough interest that a publisher or investor thinks they can make the game profitable, so that these guys can get the resources they need to fully realize what they are trying to build.  

This.

Seriously though, I think their decision to create a fully functional MMO with just a really small area was a good one.  It allowed them to essentially fast track a proof of concept for investors and get it to a point where they could score not only additional crowd source funding from those interested in the twitch stream, but also from other investors that might have been waiting in the wings before doing another round of funding because they wanted to see how they did with their first round.  If I recall with Vanguard they were plauged with having to stop working on their actual tasks to build a proof of concept for investors which really derailed their time line.  By integrating all that into the development process I think they saved alot of time.

It's also nice because at this point if they do get more funding they can bring on more content development people while the developers have loads of extra time to tweak and add additional features.

As for the graphics I don't think you can really judge that from the stream.  First and foremost people that didn't sign up for a free Twitch account are seeing a really terrible resolution.  I had to login to be able to adjust the resolution higher because it was awful.  And even if you did sign up, unless you have a premium account the free account still only goes up to like 480 or 720 or something (which was still a huge improvement over the guest signin)...

I think you have to judge the game by the screenshots on the website and personally I think they're gorgeuous...  It would, however, be nice to see some game play videos of their own posted on their own website to give people a better idea of what the in game graphics look like at this stage.  And it's always worth noting that they're far from done.  The polishing of things like the UI usually come much later.  They very EQ1 style panels and such I am sure will get a nice face lift when they're ready to do it.

But wow... to see fully functional combat at this stage in so little time I think is just mind boggling.  I've NEVER seen an MMO able to do something like that in that amount of time.  I feel like I just heard about the kickstarted yesterday...

This post was edited by Mornroc at March 18, 2016 8:50 AM PDT