Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon Stream: You guys knocked it out of the park

• 37 posts
    March 11, 2016 7:35 PM PST

Kilsin said:

That was so much fun and I can't tell you how good it was to finally be able to show off some of the teams hard work! Thank you for being such an awesome community, we really appreciate it a lot :)

I think I'm in love with your rogue...

• 132 posts
    March 11, 2016 9:52 PM PST

Guys, this live stream was AWESOME. This answered SO many questions for me. I am already paying monthly and am going to pledge after seeing this.

THIS was was what I needed to see before parting with my money. Loved everything i saw. (would like to see More mobs closer to the city even if its spiders, bats and snakes. )

Great Job so far and I am looking forward to playing. Thank you guys for showing this. I really can't thank you guys enough. So I will throw lots more money at you over the next several months. 

If i were a female, I would be throwing my panties up on the stage right now ;p 

• 49 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:07 PM PST

Well i dont want everyone to hate me but i have to say after watching you guys............ That yes i loved everything ive seen from the game play stand point except for one thing. The cleric was still your basic stand there and do nothing but conserve my mana and only heal or do anything except when needed. Sorry for this but **** that. Why cant he be throwing a hit in here or thre to regen a few mana points or trying to proc a rare buff for grp............? Anything is better than being an extra member in group to stand around and hit one button at the time when it is needed. Sorry if this sounds rude wasnt my intentions ive been drinking at a friends party all night. I just had to post something on it after watching the twitch feed it s been bugging me. I just cat for the life of me figure  out how the cleric is looking like your basic eq cleric after the vanguard cleric. Now im not saying copy the vanguard cleric by any means. Pantheon is its own game but if you are goning to take that much for EQ at least borrow some of the better parts from VG too........................... PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 39 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:53 PM PST

Wow, missed the live stream but was just able to catch up.  What a sigh of relief to see a game like this finally coming back together with the important factors being focused on right off the bat.  Excellent job so far. 

• 308 posts
    March 11, 2016 11:13 PM PST

I like what i see! Tho i do hope that when beta is released the mobs dont keep aggro when you die and hunt you down at the respawn location.

Although i am somewhat disappointed in the colored mana system just empowering spells and abilities, i had thought that the original idea from the roundtable was super solid.

oh and Backstab needs looked into... tho i am sure Kilsin was having fun single shotting orcs!

PS. Did anyone else watching in fullscreen view find themselves pointing the mouse at things and clicking absentmindedly? I did.

• 25 posts
    March 11, 2016 11:14 PM PST

I try and Keep this Pg-13 but that was so awesome>>> be careful just by posting videos like that you cause corporations like Pfizer Inc to go out of business.

Soooo goood might be watching that over and over again. LOL

• 25 posts
    March 11, 2016 11:20 PM PST

Maric said:

What are the odds the day you chose to show Pantheon to the public live for the first time, that Daybreak would cancel Everquest?

Watching the stream now, so impressed.  This is EQ!  Looks sooo good.  Game world looks fantastic.

I suspect you will be seeing a great deal of interest after today.

Great job Visionary Realms!

Please VR stay away from Daybreak!!!!! Do not take any money from them!!! JS

• 30 posts
    March 12, 2016 9:08 AM PST

There's not much left to say that hasn't already been said many times, but I'll say it again anyway : )

The Twitch stream was awesome. It really gave me a lot of hope and even more to look forward to.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but do you guys have a plan on how often you want to do these Twitch streams? Like once a month, or every two months, etc?

Also, it would be nice to see more non-combat related things as well, like maybe just having someone run across a zone showing some more points of interest, or showing off some character skills and what they do... things like that.

• 18 posts
    March 12, 2016 12:44 PM PST

Gawd said:

PS. Did anyone else watching in fullscreen view find themselves pointing the mouse at things and clicking absentmindedly? I did.

I kept wanting to scroll back and look at the text in the chat windows!

• 17 posts
    March 12, 2016 1:17 PM PST

Love the stream guys great job! :) Great to see the game getting the recognition it deserves.

This post was edited by Technyze at March 12, 2016 1:17 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    March 12, 2016 6:28 PM PST

Maric said:

Kilsin said:

That was so much fun and I can't tell you how good it was to finally be able to show off some of the teams hard work! Thank you for being such an awesome community, we really appreciate it a lot :)

I think I'm in love with your rogue...

Haha, she is pretty nice! :)

• 211 posts
    March 12, 2016 11:36 PM PST

Oh yeah and I forgot to add earlier, seeing that the mobs had no visual way of telling you how strong they are, other than /considering them and getting the red 'scowls ready to attack' or the white 'regards you indifferently, looks like en even fight', etc... text messages - made me very happy also!

• 2130 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:23 AM PST

AgentGenX said:

Oh yeah and I forgot to add earlier, seeing that the mobs had no visual way of telling you how strong they are, other than /considering them and getting the red 'scowls ready to attack' or the white 'regards you indifferently, looks like en even fight', etc... text messages - made me very happy also!

I don't really see why this is desirable. What is so special about having to take an extra 2 seconds to right click on a mob? Please give us colored targeting rings, or con colors in names.

• 287 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:46 AM PST

Beautiful!!!  Keep up the hard work, the game looks amazing.  I can't wait to get in and test it!

• 85 posts
    March 13, 2016 3:27 AM PDT

@Liav - How bout keep the text and add the color rings? I love the idea of colored rings.

• 2130 posts
    March 13, 2016 3:31 AM PDT

Azraell said:

@Liav - How bout keep the text and add the color rings? I love the idea of colored rings.

I kind of like to be able to tell what a mob cons to me by just seeing it, but yeah, the colored rings works I guess.

• 668 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Yep really awesome to see some live play, I am sure everyone wishes they could be in there playing / testing as well.  LOVED some of the familiar spell sounds.  I could not hear any ambient sounds on the stream video if there were any.  There definitely needs to be differentiation between player titles and mob titles, I really enjoyed the way original EQ did that back in the day with colored con titles.  Con circles would be excellent and a logical choice for when a mob is targeted, this would match the con titles like in EQ1.  Certainly adds to the sense of danger when you see a bunch of Red conned mobs around you!!

Next time I would love to see the same thing, however this time, the party runs off and enters into a dungeon for a nice dungeon crawl!!  Great stuff, we are super excited on the progress...

This post was edited by Pyye at March 13, 2016 4:27 AM PDT
    • 126 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:32 AM PDT

THis was awesome, thank you for showing so much :) I am so excited for alpha...

I have one question though, maybe I missed it, I saw the offensive target, but not the defensive one, although the wizard had Kilsin targeted for some time. Is this based on class whether or not you have a defensive target indicator or is it not in yet?

• 211 posts
    March 13, 2016 9:45 AM PDT

Liav said:

AgentGenX said:

I don't really see why this is desirable. What is so special about having to take an extra 2 seconds to right click on a mob? Please give us colored targeting rings, or con colors in names.

I prefer a little mystery when encountering a mob - I feel things like the numbered level of the mob being shown, or how many hp it has in it's bar, or an indicator that it is 'elite', or a certain number of dots indicating it's strength....things like this, I feel are kind of 'cheap'. The target ring being colored to what it /cons to you would be cool. Still would need to /con it to see how it considers YOU though - it tells me more than if it's just aggro or not, it tells me how much or how little it likes me on teh faction scale.

• 10 posts
    March 13, 2016 2:15 PM PDT

Great video guys! Keep up the good work!

• 3016 posts
    March 14, 2016 10:19 AM PDT

Theun said:

Well i dont want everyone to hate me but i have to say after watching you guys............ That yes i loved everything ive seen from the game play stand point except for one thing. The cleric was still your basic stand there and do nothing but conserve my mana and only heal or do anything except when needed. Sorry for this but **** that. Why cant he be throwing a hit in here or thre to regen a few mana points or trying to proc a rare buff for grp............? Anything is better than being an extra member in group to stand around and hit one button at the time when it is needed. Sorry if this sounds rude wasnt my intentions ive been drinking at a friends party all night. I just had to post something on it after watching the twitch feed it s been bugging me. I just cat for the life of me figure  out how the cleric is looking like your basic eq cleric after the vanguard cleric. Now im not saying copy the vanguard cleric by any means. Pantheon is its own game but if you are goning to take that much for EQ at least borrow some of the better parts from VG too........................... PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is pre pre alpha...not done yet by a long shot.   WORK IN PROGRESS.   That's what we are here for,  suggestions,  and upcoming testing whenever that is.   Takes time to make a quality game.   That's what they're doing. :)

• 49 posts
    March 14, 2016 10:16 PM PDT

Ya i Know CanadianaXegony and sorry about that as i mentioned i was pretty hammered LOL. I know VR will do a great job either way and make an outstanding game. Thats why ive been here since the begining. But ty for calling me on my bullshit LOL ) I just enjoyed the VG style cleric so much more than i did the EQ.... and yes i played both for years. Believe me when i say i dont want a Vanguard copy cleric and i dont want a EQ copy cleric. I really want a new unique pantheon cleric .

This post was edited by Theun at March 14, 2016 10:19 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    March 15, 2016 12:27 PM PDT

Wow just went to watch on you tube again...9,674 views on youtube thus far.  :)

• 3016 posts
    March 15, 2016 12:32 PM PDT

Theun said:

Ya i Know CanadianaXegony and sorry about that as i mentioned i was pretty hammered LOL. I know VR will do a great job either way and make an outstanding game. Thats why ive been here since the begining. But ty for calling me on my bullshit LOL ) I just enjoyed the VG style cleric so much more than i did the EQ.... and yes i played both for years. Believe me when i say i dont want a Vanguard copy cleric and i dont want a EQ copy cleric. I really want a new unique pantheon cleric .

Beta tested Vanguard too,  was last phase testing for EQ before it launched.  Loved the psionicist, and the bloodmage in Vanguard.   Wizzie was my character class for all of the time I spent in EQ.   Beta,  March 1999 and on through to 2002.   Went off and played and tested other games,  loved SWG's crafting system, AND Vanguard's.    Tested Warhammer,  LOTRO, Rift and a few others before that,  my first testing was Meridian 59.   Died a lot,  they weren't kind to newbies.  hehe        And just call me Cana  :)

• 67 posts
    March 15, 2016 7:02 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Was a joy to finally bring everyone "in" to experience what we have so far. Thank you all for your ongoing support and excitement for this project - can't wait for next time!

Not gonna lie... I'm jealous you guys get to play this.. I mean, yeah... you are the folks creating it and all.. but you know... lol.

Seriously, it looks fantastic so far. Can't wait to see what comes next.