Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon Stream: You guys knocked it out of the park

• 37 posts
    March 11, 2016 4:34 PM PST

What are the odds the day you chose to show Pantheon to the public live for the first time, that Daybreak would cancel Everquest?

Watching the stream now, so impressed.  This is EQ!  Looks sooo good.  Game world looks fantastic.

I suspect you will be seeing a great deal of interest after today.

Great job Visionary Realms!

• 17 posts
    March 11, 2016 4:39 PM PST

Maric said:

Watching the stream now, so impressed.  This is EQ!  Looks sooo good.  Game world looks fantastic.

I suspect you will be seeing a great deal of interest after today.

Great job Visionary Realms!

I agree 100% It looks fantastic, and its not even alpha yet. Job well done!

• 1468 posts
    March 11, 2016 4:52 PM PST

Loving it as well. I'm really enjoying the graphics. Although graphics are not the most important thing to me these look great and I certainly won't complain with graphics like this. They also said on the stream that they aren't even concentrating on the graphics at the moment so it will probably look even better at launch :).

• 844 posts
    March 11, 2016 4:55 PM PST

It's EQN. haha

• 3016 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:41 PM PST

That was great VR loved every minute of it!!  

• 74 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:43 PM PST

Well done VR! Great to see the gameplay in action. Very happy to see difficulty and group dynamics even at early levels.

• 2138 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:44 PM PST

Kilsin, Nice Roguing!!!. I liked the fact that you also showed off some dancing before otheres did and some general goofing around. Sneaking was cool, see,THAT is how you explore- and beung Haunted! when the boss came after you guys! in the home town KEEP THAT. It was great!

Maybe guards will help on smethings but not on other.

• 220 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:45 PM PST

This was a bright spot in a dreary MMORPG multiverse! I look forward to being a player

• 15 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:50 PM PST

I am very impressed with the game after seeing the stream tonight.  That was great guys.  I can't wait to get in to the game.

• 79 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:56 PM PST

Had over 1k people watching the entire stream, with I think over 2k that had tuned in at some point during it. Pretty awesome turnout for the very first livestream of gameplay. Pantheon is definitely picking up some momentum and personally I think it's gonna have a snowball effect once more and more people hear about it and see what it's about. Many(especially newer) MMO players may be content with their current experience only because they haven't gotten to try a MMO that really focuses on challenging content, and strategic social play.

Anyone who doubted Pantheon's legitimacy before today certainly has no reason to now, the game is coming together wonderfully and all the features like : Mana of different colors that provide bonuses to related spells(such as adding procs, or increasing the overall effectiveness), weapon types that differ in effectiveness depending on the body type (for example, blunt weapons have an edge over bone body types but piercing doesn't do well at all, and piercing is more effective against flesh body types etc), the different atmospheres and their effects (like we saw in the livestream with the crystal structure that drained life/mana and reduced movement speed of players in its vicinity) will really set Pantheon apart from the herd and allow it to carve out its place in the industry.

• 105 posts
    March 11, 2016 5:57 PM PST

Thanks, gang! We had a blast streaming, and we really appreciate you all tuning in (or watching it later when the video's up). We look forward to doing more streaming soon! :)

• 68 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:02 PM PST

Superb job!!

• 1714 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:04 PM PST

I can't freaking wait to see a dungeon. A real dungeon again, finally. 

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:06 PM PST

Was a joy to finally bring everyone "in" to experience what we have so far. Thank you all for your ongoing support and excitement for this project - can't wait for next time!

• 1468 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:08 PM PST

Joppa said:

Was a joy to finally bring everyone "in" to experience what we have so far. Thank you all for your ongoing support and excitement for this project - can't wait for next time!

Really looking forward to next time. I'd love to see even more of the world.

• 79 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:10 PM PST

Krixus said:

I can't freaking wait to see a dungeon. A real dungeon again, finally. 

I was hoping to see some dungeon gameplay as well but I think the awesomeness of those ruins with that wraith looking boss was definitely sufficient.

• 93 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:14 PM PST

Absolutely brilliant.

• 106 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:28 PM PST

I can't thank you guys enough for doing that, after hearing the news that EQNext has been officially canceled this instantly became my (and I'm sure all of ours) only hope for one last original Fantasy RPG.

And it is becoming everything I could've hoped for.

This will be the last game of this kind that i play, and i camt wait to start.

Truly from the bottom of my heart. Thank you

• 211 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:36 PM PST

I'm in a state of euphoria after what I just witness for 1 1/2 hours. This is it, this is REALLY it! It's so much like EQ! I didn't see all the systems of course, like contested ones like death penalty etc, but everything shown tonight was just great! The enchanter mezzing adds, others rooting more adds, people pulling aggro from the tank with a big hit or heal, the flavor text, the spell sounds like that familiar buffing sound effect, the spell fizzles (with it's own sound effect), sitting to meditate/regain mana between fights - the huge train Brad pulled ROFL! Wonderful!

• 55 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:38 PM PST

Couldn't agree more. I went from being cautiously optimistic if not skeptical to being downright excited. Maybe this will actually be the MMO to reverse the current awful trend the MMO genre has seen over recent years. Please for the love of god just don't do some obnoxious cash shop. Please, please, please..just don't. Game items belong in the game to find not in some shop for purchase.

• 87 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:50 PM PST

Nice work VR, I never doubted you for a minute. Even the curmudgeons over at RR are giving begrudging credit. Fuzzy trolls FTW! Also, looks like there may be some EQ Next team members floating out applications...shame what happened to that franchise. Hopefully, their loss becomes our gain.

This post was edited by Keiiek at March 11, 2016 7:01 PM PST
    • 46 posts
    March 11, 2016 6:55 PM PST

Awesome job guys!

• 12 posts
    March 11, 2016 7:07 PM PST

Watched the stream and loved it.   This is definitly the game I been waiting and still waiting for.  I glad I made my pledge last month finally.

• 221 posts
    March 11, 2016 7:11 PM PST

Well done guys 

• 9115 posts
    March 11, 2016 7:13 PM PST

That was so much fun and I can't tell you how good it was to finally be able to show off some of the teams hard work! Thank you for being such an awesome community, we really appreciate it a lot :)