Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

(Crafting) How do you feel about NPC writs or work orders?

• 768 posts
    December 19, 2020 9:59 PM PST

Jobeson said:

Repeatable faction quests sure up to a point.  If you can get on good terms by "donating" time and effort in crafting sure.  Perhaps you are apprenticing a master smith doing grunt work before he teaches you his secrets. Getting on good terms with the master smith would also help get you on good terms with the city itself I am sure and a number of other factions in the city and their main allies. 

Your reply made me think of something.

Some of the writs or work orders could relate to the Crafter's society and their standing with that faction.

Example; if an advanced crafter wants to increase their standing, they can consume content that requires interaction with lower level crafters. The level difference doesn't have to be drastically big. So in this writs/task you're actually doing the 'mastering' bit and the lower level crafter is taking on the apprenticing bit. 

The structure of this writ/order doesn't have to be overly complex. As the advanced crafter completes the assignment, they'll gain standing because of they're willingness to commerce/trade/collaborate with other players. (It could also be npc, but pc sounds more fun.) As it makes sense that a crafting society would encourage and reward the growth/reputation of their society. The lower level crafter would gain xp and/or a smaller portion of standing increase with that same society.

The design could allow for a limited amount of repetition (3-5 times). I'd rather view this in hours spent, so these would require 15-30 min's each (debatable ofc). So you'ld be able to do a couple of them, consecutively after each other. What you do within that assignment itself could be a decent repetitive grind. This grants those specific people a short session of crafting and feeling a grind. (for those that want that).  Or it might not be a grind at all. 

This post was edited by Barin999 at December 19, 2020 10:00 PM PST