Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Lets talk Hairstyles!

• 239 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:21 PM PST

Naunet, that's a lot of hair styles.  Haha.

I agree though. As mentioned my times on these forums my cheek bone, bridge of nose, curve of lips, ect. Is so minimal it is useless.  But someone's hair style and color, that stands out much more.

I know it would be too much work, but I would like to see the ponytail under a helmet too. Just because I put a helmet on does not mean my mullet should go away!

• 888 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:47 PM PST
    Having a lot of base face and hair options is very important to me and I really hope more continue to be added post launch.

I agree with the consensus view that helmets need to not cause baldness. Perhaps the way to fix this issue is to create a secondary display of each hair type that is designed to appear under helmet and won't clip.
  • November 6, 2018 11:45 PM PST

Naunet I think the second hairstyle pic is called the "I'd like to speak with the manager" cut. Also yes to both variety of styles and helm hide option.

• 217 posts
    November 7, 2018 5:23 AM PST

How about some Cindy Lauper Lockes?

The "Wendys Girl" braided pigtails look.

I would request the deletion of Man Buns (Cringe)

• 646 posts
    November 7, 2018 9:26 AM PST

Male hairstyles are hard, but...

And honestly people critique the "man bun", but I think it can look pretty delicious...

And I think it goes without saying, but there needs to be a plethora of facial hair options THAT ARE SEPARATE FROM HEAD HAIR. There are a number of great examples in the images above.

• 1315 posts
    November 7, 2018 9:47 AM PST

@Naunet I bet their character artist is going to cry when they get that stack of models placed in their inbox. Now I challenge you to go get a list of pictures of 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th century hair styles.  That way we can really choose, the real hipsters were in 16th century france. (totally making that up)

*second edit*

Historical Middle Eastern and East Asian countries would also be very cool to draw from.

This post was edited by Trasak at November 7, 2018 9:53 AM PST
    • 2419 posts
    November 7, 2018 10:50 AM PST

What about just plain bald?  Is that considered a style?  Could it be something that female characters could choose?

This post was edited by Vandraad at November 7, 2018 10:51 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    November 7, 2018 11:14 AM PST

I prefer soft looks, long and flowing..feminine styles for females,  braided, partially braided,  love the flowers in the hair look in one of the pictures above.    Those that like the shaved look well leave some of the choices for that for those that like that too. :)  I'll be choosing something that appeals to me,  long as VR's artists get it right.    And then there's those helmets...again,  option to toggle them off if they are too hard to look at.  LOL

Cana

• 61 posts
    November 7, 2018 11:35 AM PST

What expansion can we expect this one?

Image result for weird model hairdos

• 646 posts
    November 7, 2018 12:43 PM PST

Trasak said:

@Naunet I bet their character artist is going to cry when they get that stack of models placed in their inbox. Now I challenge you to go get a list of pictures of 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th century hair styles.  That way we can really choose, the real hipsters were in 16th century france. (totally making that up)

*second edit*

Historical Middle Eastern and East Asian countries would also be very cool to draw from.

Challenge accepted!

And non-European styles:

I think the guys will take a bit more searching, so coming later...

• 646 posts
    November 7, 2018 12:55 PM PST

Honestly, what I hope VR gets out of this is that they should not feel like they can be "lazy" when it comes to hair. The hair can really make the character, so give us LOTS of options.

Here are some "older" guy styles...

Oh, the famous "Titus" cut... (which was actually REALLY popular with women, too)

Sorry not as many... I'm just doing google image searches for the most part, and it seems to prefer the more modern guy styles haha. I have to say, I feel sorry for European dudes in the older centuries.

My goal here is to show VR the breadth of hairstyles available to them. I don't think their graphic artists are idiots, but I am almost always disappointed by hairstyle options in video games. So here's to hoping we get many good ones of a variety of styles.

• 2138 posts
    November 7, 2018 2:00 PM PST

definitelynotarobot said:

Naunet I think the second hairstyle pic is called the "I'd like to speak with the manager" cut. Also yes to both variety of styles and helm hide option.

/agree. I always silently called it the d**k-head do, because, well, it made the head look like.. you know. X]

• 646 posts
    November 7, 2018 2:32 PM PST

Manouk said:/agree. I always silently called it the d**k-head do, because, well, it made the head look like.. you know. X]

I actually really like that hairstyle and had it until my hair grew out several inches. :( Then again, my hair is pretty curly, so it has a slightly different effect (looks more like a loose 1920s style when I let it air dry at that length haha). xD

• 752 posts
    November 7, 2018 2:40 PM PST
    I think hairstyles are the one area of character creation that needs a LOT of options or even character mods after-the-fact allowed. Like have a salon/barber shop that lets you pick a new style for an ingame pricetag. I don’t so much care what my face looks like or even what my armor looks like, but my character’s hair should be awesome. This is one area that the devs can go wild with and not worry about ruinin the game. IMO
    • 1315 posts
    November 7, 2018 3:13 PM PST

@Naunet Very nicely done.  Thats a very good collection of general different historical hair styles

I think I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can refer back to it for a more comprehensive collection of hair styles for future projects.