Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Lets talk Hairstyles!

• 213 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:52 PM PDT

Just curious if anyone else is wondering what Pantheon has in store for us VIA hair options.  We saw the Mohawk and that was awesome.  Here are some Hairstyles that I think would be pretty fun to have in game.

- Long curly hair for men and women

-Updo's and special braids

- The infamous Mullet!  

-Rainbow colored hair

-The skullet!

Just a side note it would be kind of neat if crafters could make items you can use in your hair! =)

• 1618 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:59 PM PDT

Mohawks and mutton chops for everyone!

• 2419 posts
    May 2, 2017 7:09 PM PDT

Ogre Mullet!!

• 114 posts
    May 2, 2017 8:08 PM PDT

As long as i can have an elgant updo, or a sassy pony style etc I will be happy. I have to look pretty!! Its how I roll :) However....I do ask that if I choose to wear a helm or hat, or whatever, that I don't look bald while wearing it :(

Its just not right for my character to have long lovely flowing locks, and as soon as she wears a hat/helm she is bald as a cue ball :(

• 13 posts
    May 2, 2017 8:13 PM PDT

Gamerchick said:

Just a side note it would be kind of neat if crafters could make items you can use in your hair! =)

That's a very cool suggestion. :) 

It would be very neat if head slot items were not just helmets, but items you can use in your hair (or perhaps beards for the gentleman who shy from hair accessories).

One thing I loathe in EQ2 is that if you aren't a Ratonga, hats look dopey on you because all your hair GOES AWAY and you are essentially bald, but now wearing a cap. And it's obvious you are very bald under the cap. The tiaras and circlets and stuff are much better, but still ... what up wth the hats eating all your hair?

For hairstyles, there never seem to be enough long do's, particularly luxurious ones. I'm ok with an updo now and again, but honestly, I want my female characters to have long hair options, and more than one or two. I also love mohawks, but I'd love to see some variations on them. There was a three aisle "updo" mohawk with long braids/beads in the back and at the temples that launched for female trolls in WoW, and I adored that. I used it on my troll mage and named her Siouxsie, as it was so very repesentative of alternative/goth rock hairstyles in the 80s. ;)

I love seeing varied do's for men of all lengths, too. Mutton chops are awesome, but it's cool to pair them with something other than just a typical buzz cut or flattop.

I'm hoping there is some variation to color, too. I like the "block" coloring available to half-elves in EQ2 that gives them a bit of an edge stylistically so they look a bit "punky" - fun to play around with that.

• 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 8:44 PM PDT

I want my hair to grow and if I don't go to the barber to get it cut I incur a penalty to my hit chance

• 13 posts
    May 2, 2017 9:44 PM PDT

ghost7 said:

I want my hair to grow and if I don't go to the barber to get it cut I incur a penalty to my hit chance

Hitting mobs in combat? Or hitting on people you find attractive? ;)

• 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 10:06 PM PDT

Juniper said:

ghost7 said:

Hitting mobs in combat? Or hitting on people you find attractive? ;)

Hmm..Something tells me implementing that system wouldn't be very accurate :P

• 279 posts
    May 3, 2017 4:30 AM PDT

In EQ all my clerics/paladins were halfling with the princess Leia bun hairdo.

I'd find it personally satisfying to have that hair style available.

• 3852 posts
    May 3, 2017 4:39 AM PDT

I want one thing and I want it in every MMO. Most have it - some do not. It is NOT mohawks ((shudders noticably).

A reasonable choice of longer hair styles for females. Straight and plain being my preference.

• 24 posts
    May 3, 2017 10:29 AM PDT
    Its such a downer when your charactet suddenly turns bald when you put on a half helmet or hat. I really hope this game doesnt do that.
    That also brings up another point: will this game have helmet hiding? I know the devs are really pushing the old school experience where physical looks actually matter, so I can see this going either way.
    • 24 posts
    May 3, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

For lack of a better word, a lot of hairstyles is nice.  Mabe have a few scrollers for length, type (straight, curly, wavey etc) and accessory (ponytail, braids, clips etc).  And of course the standard colors and oddity colors for races such as Halflings. 

• 82 posts
    January 6, 2018 2:42 PM PST

I have a question will there be a barber shop in game? Id really like to be able to change my hair when i get bored of the current style.

• 67 posts
    January 6, 2018 5:11 PM PST

I dont know what its called but I would love for my halfling to have this style of hair.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7a/d0/18/7ad018361edbf5c8c345570bc013e6ef--pictures-of-short-hairstyles-short-hairstyles-for-girls.jpg

• 98 posts
    January 6, 2018 5:53 PM PST

Arterius said:

I dont know what its called but I would love for my halfling to have this style of hair.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7a/d0/18/7ad018361edbf5c8c345570bc013e6ef--pictures-of-short-hairstyles-short-hairstyles-for-girls.jpg

Miley Cyrus?

• 137 posts
    January 6, 2018 8:55 PM PST
    I love me some good hairstyle options. Hopefully Pantheon has them, though it’s been stated the character creation won’t be anything more than you will see in a normal MMO. Here’s to hoping
    • 1095 posts
    January 7, 2018 8:11 AM PST

Arterius said:

Name? haha j/k

I believe those are just called undercut styles. I like them.

I like single braid styles as well.

This post was edited by Aich at January 7, 2018 8:12 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    January 7, 2018 9:10 AM PST

Arterius said:

I think it's called the 'I need to speak to the manager'.

• 8 posts
    January 7, 2018 9:07 PM PST

I'd forfeit hair on my character if given the option to have woad face paints, facial and or head tattoo's, scars, runes, symbols, or the like. However if it comes down to hair I'd be ok some cool hairstyles involving braids or dreadlocks or just straight long hair back in a modest looking ponytail. 

• 363 posts
    January 8, 2018 2:17 PM PST

Arterius said:

Justin Bieber??

• 3016 posts
    January 8, 2018 2:38 PM PST

I have yet to see a game that gets helmets right...I usually toggle them off.  Hair styles..some get it right others..are just plain ugly. :)  

• 136 posts
    January 10, 2018 11:27 AM PST

I always liked Hair streight to upper back or ponytails.

I totaly agree with a helm toggle off option.

This post was edited by Kiera at January 10, 2018 11:28 AM PST
    • 7 posts
    January 11, 2018 8:08 AM PST

Also please toggle off cape and shoulders.  I don't want to look like superman if I can avoid it. ;)

The hype is real for this game isn't it? Hope the devs aren't burning themselves out. I'd be bloody busting my ass everyday all day if I worked for these guys and totally burnt out! Please post pics of the office. Lets see some Red Bull cans strewn about everywhere! Good skill guys and gals! Take your time.    

• 646 posts
    November 6, 2018 5:39 PM PST

I almost started a new thread, but I think this will do... Hairstyles I would love to see for women:

Honestly I just love braid styles in general...

And a bit longer...

I could go on for literally forever???? :O I love hairstyle options.

[edit] I can't believe I forgot?!?!

Fabulous fauxhawks!!!

This post was edited by Naunet at November 6, 2018 5:42 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    November 6, 2018 8:38 PM PST

I’ll say it again:

Mohawks and mutton chops for everyone!