Forums » News and Announcements

Our next stream will feature CohhCarnage!

• 9115 posts
    December 1, 2016 3:53 AM PST

http://twitch.tv/visionaryrealms

http://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 1, 2016 9:24 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    December 1, 2016 6:12 AM PST

And new zones, new models and new enemies!

The things people also care about ;)

This post was edited by Roenick at December 1, 2016 6:13 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    December 1, 2016 6:16 AM PST

Roenick said:

And new zones, new models and new enemies!

The things people also care about ;)

Lol yes I think this is actually the biggest part of the announcement!

• 149 posts
    December 1, 2016 1:57 PM PST

Im rather curious if thats just new human models or if they started working on the other races yet.

• 839 posts
    December 1, 2016 2:46 PM PST

Awesome image mate, loving the armour textures!  The plate and chain looks great and so does the character!  Really like the realism of the armour, detailed inclusion of the leather straps with buckles and everything... nothing over the top, just detailed as expected.. really great job guys! 

• 2886 posts
    December 1, 2016 2:54 PM PST

Hokanu said:

Awesome image mate, loving the armour textures!  The plate and chain looks great and so does the character!  Really like the realism of the armour, detailed inclusion of the leather straps with buckles and everything... nothing over the top, just detailed as expected.. really great job guys!

My only critique of that is that the dude's got a massive forehead lol but that could just be the camera angle. I can already tell this is gonna be a beautiful game.

• 44 posts
    December 1, 2016 2:58 PM PST

It's actually a fivehead.

• 9115 posts
    December 1, 2016 3:18 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Hokanu said:

My only critique of that is that the dude's got a massive forehead lol but that could just be the camera angle. I can already tell this is gonna be a beautiful game.

vthorm said:

It's actually a fivehead.

This image is stretched sadly, due to needing to shrink it down to fit within the post window, if you look at the FB or Twitter versions you will see the difference but it is also the angle making him look like he has a giant forehead lol, it's not that bad in-game. :)

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    December 1, 2016 3:47 PM PST

Is this better?

image upload

This post was edited by Roenick at December 1, 2016 3:52 PM PST
    • 82 posts
    December 1, 2016 4:25 PM PST

still gota huge forhead, I hope they show a some new female models I normaly play as female.

• 186 posts
    December 1, 2016 6:31 PM PST

Served with a guy who had a large forehead, went with his supersized ego lol

love the armor, and am hopeful that your character creation tool will allow us the ability to make pot bellies and large foreheads ;)

I don't want something that screams sex symbol, I want a dwarf that likely drinks too much ale while in good company, enjoying fine dining.

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at December 1, 2016 6:35 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 1, 2016 9:25 PM PST

I squished it down a bit more but the angle still makes him look like he has a big forehead haha :D

• 200 posts
    December 2, 2016 4:03 AM PST

I'd imagine the large forehead is driven by the abundant /facepalm moments generated by Kilsin's legendary pulling skills.....

• 9115 posts
    December 2, 2016 5:17 AM PST

Warben said:

I'd imagine the large forehead is driven by the abundant /facepalm moments generated by Kilsin's legendary pulling skills.....

Oh, he hasn't seen my skills at work yet but soon, he won't have time to facepalm he will be too busy with a bunch of new friends! haha ;)

• 1095 posts
    December 2, 2016 6:38 AM PST

Looks like he is wearing jeans under his leg armour lol

• 116 posts
    December 2, 2016 6:51 AM PST

Aich said:

Looks like he is wearing jeans under his leg armour lol

I think blue jeans count as +1 cloth armor. :)

This post was edited by Oldtimer at December 2, 2016 6:52 AM PST
    • 47 posts
    December 2, 2016 7:15 AM PST

Looking forward to it! :)

The "forehead" looks great to me. Variation in human form. Ability to roll realistic toons. SWEET

Is this character from ingame or an artistic rendering?

Thanks for the info, Kilsin

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    December 2, 2016 2:08 PM PST

Qendiil said:

Looking forward to it! :)

The "forehead" looks great to me. Variation in human form. Ability to roll realistic toons. SWEET

Is this character from ingame or an artistic rendering?

Thanks for the info, Kilsin

He is in game.

• 1399 posts
    December 3, 2016 11:57 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I squished it down a bit more but the angle still makes him look like he has a big forehead haha :D

Foreheads fine, he's just a Erudite and the skin tone needs adjusted.

And is that (Disclaimer: place holder) skeleton back on the path "standing" with bent knees and arms out like he has a rash in his armpits?

"Who stands like that?"

• 781 posts
    December 3, 2016 12:18 PM PST

the skelli next to the tree is crouched like the ghouls used to be in EQ.  the far skelli looks like he is in tough guy stance.  Ogres stood that same way in EQ.  Love the way the armor is looking, great job guys :) 

• 9115 posts
    December 3, 2016 3:54 PM PST

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

Foreheads fine, he's just a Erudite and the skin tone needs adjusted.

And is that (Disclaimer: place holder) skeleton back on the path "standing" with bent knees and arms out like he has a rash in his armpits?

"Who stands like that?"

This is an action shot taken in real-time in game so they may be mid walk or run and look funny due to that :)

• 9115 posts
    December 3, 2016 3:55 PM PST

Kelem said:

the skelli next to the tree is crouched like the ghouls used to be in EQ.  the far skelli looks like he is in tough guy stance.  Ogres stood that same way in EQ.  Love the way the armor is looking, great job guys :) 

That isn't a skelly, it's a ghoul-like creature ;)

• 151 posts
    December 4, 2016 5:31 AM PST

Doing some quick analysis of the guy on the picture it looks like he is at the end of a swing with his weapon, I am liking the amount of "engagement" you can see in the strike but a little hard to see everything in a still picture.

If had to put some criticism on this it would be his wrist, the way it is bent (sometimes called broken wrist position) is very bad for actually delivering power and a position which in time leads to problems with the wrists. It should be more in line with the arm but this being the end of the cut (seemingly) it is not too bad.
    (A video which explains this a lot better than I am [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKuUekNjxqU ])

Another thing is that it looks a little like the classical overextending of the swing, but that is hard to say without animation. How they recover from it plays a good part, also the fact of game design kind of needing those kind of things (Telegraphing and overexagguration of movement).

Loving the colours and armour, those blue pants oh yea.

//Voices of Terminus' Youmu/Svartie

This post was edited by Youmu at December 4, 2016 5:36 AM PST
    • 294 posts
    December 4, 2016 6:39 AM PST

Looks like the model is wearing bluejeans under that armor. Stylish indeed... !

• 151 posts
    December 4, 2016 7:39 AM PST

The detail is really good, I love how you can see the inner seam.

//Voices of Terminus' Youmu/Svartie