Forums » News and Announcements

Our next stream will feature CohhCarnage!

• 781 posts
    December 4, 2016 8:34 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Kelem said:

the skelli next to the tree is crouched like the ghouls used to be in EQ.  the far skelli looks like he is in tough guy stance.  Ogres stood that same way in EQ.  Love the way the armor is looking, great job guys :) 

That isn't a skelly, it's a ghoul-like creature ;)

I knew it !  I should of went with my first choice :) 

• 2886 posts
    December 4, 2016 2:46 PM PST

Youmu said:

Doing some quick analysis of the guy on the picture it looks like he is at the end of a swing with his weapon, I am liking the amount of "engagement" you can see in the strike but a little hard to see everything in a still picture.

If had to put some criticism on this it would be his wrist, the way it is bent (sometimes called broken wrist position) is very bad for actually delivering power and a position which in time leads to problems with the wrists. It should be more in line with the arm but this being the end of the cut (seemingly) it is not too bad.
    (A video which explains this a lot better than I am [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKuUekNjxqU ])

Another thing is that it looks a little like the classical overextending of the swing, but that is hard to say without animation. How they recover from it plays a good part, also the fact of game design kind of needing those kind of things (Telegraphing and overexagguration of movement).

Loving the colours and armour, those blue pants oh yea.

//Voices of Terminus' Youmu/Svartie

I agree with what you're saying and I'd also add that his face is too expressionless for being mid-swing. It should look like he is straining a little bit. But it is also wayyyyyyyyyy too early to be analyzing any of this too much haha

• 151 posts
    December 4, 2016 3:22 PM PST

I agree with what you're saying and I'd also add that his face is too expressionless for being mid-swing. It should look like he is straining a little bit. But it is also wayyyyyyyyyy too early to be analyzing any of this too much haha

I think it is better to point stuff like this out early and try and bring attention to it while it is still possible to change.

• 3 posts
    December 5, 2016 2:05 AM PST

I find this slightly disappointing but not unexpected.

It makes short term business sense to run a stream with a streamer who is very popular, but long term? These streamers tend to base their business model on cycling through games quite quickly, so I would be surprised if Pantheon is a game featured on these bigger channels after a fairly short period of time.

There are a lot of content creators out there who will dedicate years to the game pretty much exclusively. It's a shame some of these are not involved. I guess what I am saying is, the little guys matter!! :)