Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

December's Twitch: Santa's WIshlist

• 578 posts
    November 24, 2016 6:47 PM PST

I'm sure the devs have a plan outlined for this December's twitch stream. But what would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see some form of character progression. A character upgrading his stats/skills after leveling up or obtaining a new spell and scribing it to memory.

OR

I'd like to see some group mechanics in action. We've seen the traditional class interdependancy where tanks, pullers, healers, and dps all have to work together but I'd love to see some of the group mechanics that separate Pantheon from the other group-oriented MMOs.

DISCLAIMER: It is understood by myself and anybody else who posts to this thread that Pantheon is in an unfinished state and that any feature we'd wish to see may not be developed yet and therefore is not gauranteed to be displayed in this December's twitch nor any future twitch :D

• 137 posts
    November 24, 2016 7:51 PM PST

I would like to see some type of in depth class specific tutorial. I don't care which, but I would like to see a character progress through say 10+ levels, at a faster pace obviously. Show us how a player starts, how they acquire skills, train those skills, learn new skills and how these things are effected by stats/gear. 

I don't care so much about animations, I realize these can be done at anytime down the road without really changing the game. But, if I could just watch (even read the scrolling text) of a specific class progressing through the game, would be huge to me.

Other then the above, I would just like to see some more cool areas =)

• 249 posts
    November 24, 2016 8:21 PM PST

New zone/area and new mobs! Maybe new classes.  other than that im not picky

• 188 posts
    November 24, 2016 8:25 PM PST

Drunk effect for consuming too much booze, of course.

• 279 posts
    November 24, 2016 10:51 PM PST

Climate/weather system and the colored mana system since they didn't feature it in the last stream. Some class specific perception system demonstrations would be cool. If they figured out if classes will have branching ability paths or not, either way it would be nice to see what they have planned for that. Maybe some of the AI dispositions, if they got that done already it would be impressive. What I really wanna see is the character model's underwear.

This post was edited by Pantz at November 25, 2016 5:39 AM PST
    • 17 posts
    November 24, 2016 11:52 PM PST
    Character creation would be boss, after that they actually play the game from level 1
    • 9115 posts
    November 25, 2016 1:49 AM PST

It is planned but I am sure you will see some things in the stream that are new and exciting, we had been working on it since shortly after the last one.

I like your disclaimer NoobieDoo :D

• 500 posts
    November 25, 2016 4:01 AM PST

NoobieDoo said:

I'm sure the devs have a plan outlined for this December's twitch stream. But what would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see some form of character progression. A character upgrading his stats/skills after leveling up or obtaining a new spell and scribing it to memory.

OR

I'd like to see some group mechanics in action. We've seen the traditional class interdependancy where tanks, pullers, healers, and dps all have to work together but I'd love to see some of the group mechanics that separate Pantheon from the other group-oriented MMOs.

DISCLAIMER: It is understood by myself and anybody else who posts to this thread that Pantheon is in an unfinished state and that any feature we'd wish to see may not be developed yet and therefore is not gauranteed to be displayed in this December's twitch nor any future twitch :D

Good wish list Noobie.  Only other things I would really like to see would be a couple of new races and perhaps a reveal of a new class or two.

@Kilsin

To our favorite trickster rogue I offer a challenge.  You seem quite adept at the art of the train my friend, but thus far your efforts, while amusing, have been a bit lacking.  Therefore, I challenge you to pull a train of truly Epic proportions.  A train the likes of which have never before been witnessed on the face of Terminus.  Do you have it in you my friend?  I suppose only time will tell. ;)

This post was edited by Grymmlocke at November 25, 2016 4:21 AM PST
    • 610 posts
    November 25, 2016 6:02 AM PST

I would love to see a tricky pulling situation, A monk / warrior having to work in concert with an Enchanter (or BARD!!) to break the spawns in a room without pulling a Kilsin....er I mean train.

• 9115 posts
    November 25, 2016 4:23 PM PST

Grymmlocke said:

NoobieDoo said:

OR

Good wish list Noobie.  Only other things I would really like to see would be a couple of new races and perhaps a reveal of a new class or two.

@Kilsin

To our favorite trickster rogue I offer a challenge.  You seem quite adept at the art of the train my friend, but thus far your efforts, while amusing, have been a bit lacking.  Therefore, I challenge you to pull a train of truly Epic proportions.  A train the likes of which have never before been witnessed on the face of Terminus.  Do you have it in you my friend?  I suppose only time will tell. ;)

Haha, I am not sure I can for the next one but if I see an opportunity arise I will definitely take advantage of it :D

• 9115 posts
    November 25, 2016 4:24 PM PST

Sevens said:

I would love to see a tricky pulling situation, A monk / warrior having to work in concert with an Enchanter (or BARD!!) to break the spawns in a room without pulling a Kilsin....er I mean train.

So basically you want me to "test" their skills with a challenging "pull", I will see what I can do haha :D

• 578 posts
    November 25, 2016 8:13 PM PST

Hannar said:

Drunk effect for consuming too much booze, of course.

Not sure HOW this slipped my mind. An MMO is truly gauged by its alcohol system and hopefully Pantheon doesn't squander this area of the game. :D

• 578 posts
    November 25, 2016 8:18 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Grymmlocke said:

@Kilsin

Haha, I am not sure I can for the next one but if I see an opportunity arise I will definitely take advantage of it :D

Your mission could at least be to try to get one of the members killed, such as Aradune. lol

• 9115 posts
    November 26, 2016 12:53 AM PST

NoobieDoo said:

Kilsin said:

Grymmlocke said:

@Kilsin

Your mission could at least be to try to get one of the members killed, such as Aradune. lol

Brad will anticipate that, he knows me too well lol, and I may have to behave for this next stream, we will have to wait and see, I may not be able to control myself if an opportunity arises ;)

• 763 posts
    November 26, 2016 1:19 AM PST

My wish-list :

1. Perhaps seeing a pet class in action.

Be nice to see how they are going to work in groups ...

... tank, off-tank, DPS, interrupts/CC or personal aggro management?

2. Somebody *accidently* tweak Aradune's sword so just drawing it procs 20000 points of AE aggro hehe

3. Combat vs 'Large' or 'Super Large' creatures (if you have put it in yet)

4. Somebody sneakily change the class name in Kilsin's character menu so it reads 'Rouge' !

5. Watch a Ranja (fail at) tanking! Or not ... (heresy!)

6. Be on at a semi-friendly time for us European peasants!

• 319 posts
    November 26, 2016 11:41 AM PST

I like the idea of a more indepth look at character creation and character advancement. Along with maybe a closer look at 1 or 2 class introductions.

• 668 posts
    November 26, 2016 7:09 PM PST

I will be traveling all day and hope to catch the video version of this...  Can't wait!

• 1434 posts
    November 26, 2016 8:46 PM PST

I'd like to see more polish. Not because I would ever normally care about polish at this point in development, but because I know that is what will continue to propel development forward with additional funding and pledges of potential fans, critics and investors.

• 999 posts
    November 27, 2016 12:13 PM PST
    +1 to Dullahan's post - showing two or three extremely well polished zones, PCs, etc. will go a long way in garnering more support.

If Pantheon was already fully funded, I'd say focus elsewhere.
    • 138 posts
    November 27, 2016 7:27 PM PST

I'll continue to be a broken record, and ask that we see the game from a melee character's standpoint. Based on what melee was like in EQ I'm really curious to see what melee classes will look like in Pantheon. I'm hoping for a lot more depth than there was in EQ.

• 1303 posts
    November 28, 2016 5:24 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Sevens said:

So basically you want me to "test" their skills with a challenging "pull", I will see what I can do haha :D

We already saw you train. We know that works just fine. :) 

• 104 posts
    November 28, 2016 7:41 AM PST

Any capital cities ready for display? That would be fantastic.

• 2886 posts
    November 28, 2016 10:19 AM PST

I'm very disappointed that this thread was not titled "Santa's Twitchlist." Shame on you! lol

Anyway, as I have said before, I will be more than thrilled with whatever they show us. No point in listing my wishes when it's not gonna make a difference haha.

• 29 posts
    November 28, 2016 1:20 PM PST

Druid or Ranger or Monk play. Otherwise, I'm happy to see anything! Looking forward to seeing those new models we got to glance at from the Unity demo, too.

• 186 posts
    November 28, 2016 1:22 PM PST

Bard confirmed!

jk