Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

December's Twitch: Santa's WIshlist

• 243 posts
    November 29, 2016 7:33 AM PST

Along with what people have posted above, I would like to hear some environmental sounds and even music for a given zone if that's possible.  I don't know if such items are added in at the end of development, or integrated earlier, I just thought it would be nice to be given a brief preview of what a zone might sound like. Keep up the good work guys, and thanks for making another stream :)

• 112 posts
    November 29, 2016 8:41 AM PST

some exploration of the more 'unique' features of the game. Perception, mana colors/climate, how they work, what the effects, weather effects, the ability codex system (whatver its called). even if such things are in a primitive stae, an hour of that would be far more interesting to me than just more basic gameplay for two hours - even if that basic play is more highly polished than what we have seen in the past.

barring that, a new area, from an entirely new zone.  we have seen the same place already (even if it wasnt the same place, it looked exactly the same.).

in essence, something NEW, no matter the state it is in. we all understand the basic core game is there, it doesnt need to be shown again, it serves little purpose. show us new stuff, show us unique stuff, show us progress in game mechanics. "hers the same dungeon from the first stream, but better graphics" yeah great, but we know the game will get a visual overhaul going forward, so show us something we havent seen, i beg you.

• 103 posts
    November 29, 2016 9:26 AM PST

The optimist in me hopes for new races, maybe a few more classes,  and preferably a character creator/noobie gameplay in starter area and hoping for some prettier looking animations and overall fluidity in combat, maybe some higher level gear designs as well.

The pessimist/realist in me realizes its still over a year away so he just expects more or less the same 'WIP quality' as before (with some noticeable progress of course) on some new locale or dungeon.

Oh and the a-hole in me demands a release date for Alpha access... but hes a jerk, pay no attention to him ;)

• 2886 posts
    November 29, 2016 9:55 AM PST

werzul said:

some exploration of the more 'unique' features of the game. Perception, mana colors/climate, how they work, what the effects, weather effects, the ability codex system (whatver its called). even if such things are in a primitive stae, an hour of that would be far more interesting to me than just more basic gameplay for two hours - even if that basic play is more highly polished than what we have seen in the past.

barring that, a new area, from an entirely new zone.  we have seen the same place already (even if it wasnt the same place, it looked exactly the same.).

in essence, something NEW, no matter the state it is in. we all understand the basic core game is there, it doesnt need to be shown again, it serves little purpose. show us new stuff, show us unique stuff, show us progress in game mechanics. "hers the same dungeon from the first stream, but better graphics" yeah great, but we know the game will get a visual overhaul going forward, so show us something we havent seen, i beg you.

I highly doubt they are at a point where they are still overhauling the graphics. Minor tweaks in lighting and animations, probably. But if I were to guess, they have been doing a whole lot more than that in the past 6 months. I disagree that they should show features (such as crafting or whatever) that are in a primative state. People are already grasping at straws so much, that the forums are gonna take what they are given and rip it to shreds like a pack of starving vultures. Not necessarily maliciously, but just because they have nothing better to do than speculate. If the things are shown are not anywhere near what they will be like in alpha (which is still probably nowhere near what it'll be like at launch), it'll hugely throw off people's expectations about the game - whether their expectations are too high or too low. I don't think they can help it and therefore I don't think there's any point in showing things that aren't ready. In fact, if anything, it'll hurt VR. Once people get an idea in their head about what a particular feature is gonna be like, it'll be hard if not impossible to undo. Patience is a virtue. I'm just as excited for the stream as the next guy. But I'm not desperate.

I trust that given 6 months, they have been able to polish some things off that are truly ready to be seen. You must remember also that just because they didn't highlight a particular feature in the last stream doesn't mean they hadn't even started it yet at that point. They could have already been working on it for a year or two and have been polishing it in the past 6 months. Great creators never want their creations to be seen until they feel it is ready and VR has been consistent in doing just that. That's just how it is and we need to go with the flow. They wouldn't have scheduled a stream if it wasn't going to showcase new things they are proud of. That said, I am still setting my expectations fairly low so that there is only room to be impressed.

• 110 posts
    November 29, 2016 10:20 AM PST

Dullahan said:

I'd like to see more polish.

I agree. Part of my family came from Poland, so I should be allowed to play on the stream to add more Polish. Because text puns!!!

• 180 posts
    November 29, 2016 1:07 PM PST

Mainly, I just want to see that things are moving along nicely after 6 months. 

Oh and I almost forgot.  Can you stream the new forums. :p

This post was edited by Thanakos at November 29, 2016 2:31 PM PST
    • 624 posts
    November 29, 2016 3:01 PM PST

One simple request:

Full mixed group having great fun

Just like the last stream

• 80 posts
    November 29, 2016 3:39 PM PST

Summoner and Alpha start date are all I want to see. I mean if you letting Cohh play it

• 112 posts
    December 1, 2016 1:03 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

werzul said:

I highly doubt they are at a point where they are still overhauling the graphics. Minor tweaks in lighting and animations, probably. But if I were to guess, they have been doing a whole lot more than that in the past 6 months. I disagree that they should show features (such as crafting or whatever) that are in a primative state. People are already grasping at straws so much, that the forums are gonna take what they are given and rip it to shreds like a pack of starving vultures. Not necessarily maliciously, but just because they have nothing better to do than speculate. If the things are shown are not anywhere near what they will be like in alpha (which is still probably nowhere near what it'll be like at launch), it'll hugely throw off people's expectations about the game - whether their expectations are too high or too low. I don't think they can help it and therefore I don't think there's any point in showing things that aren't ready. In fact, if anything, it'll hurt VR. Once people get an idea in their head about what a particular feature is gonna be like, it'll be hard if not impossible to undo. Patience is a virtue. I'm just as excited for the stream as the next guy. But I'm not desperate.

I trust that given 6 months, they have been able to polish some things off that are truly ready to be seen. You must remember also that just because they didn't highlight a particular feature in the last stream doesn't mean they hadn't even started it yet at that point. They could have already been working on it for a year or two and have been polishing it in the past 6 months. Great creators never want their creations to be seen until they feel it is ready and VR has been consistent in doing just that. That's just how it is and we need to go with the flow. They wouldn't have scheduled a stream if it wasn't going to showcase new things they are proud of. That said, I am still setting my expectations fairly low so that there is only room to be impressed.

if you are happy seeing anpther 2 hours of people auto attacking, thats fine, your 'low expectations' will suit you well with that. i want to see more than just basic gameplay. the forums are already a cacophony of expectations, stupid ideas, assumptions, etc...nothing that happens in the stream will change any of that, there wont be any more or less. and if there is, who cares?  our musings, ideas and assumptions really dont mean a whole lot in the end anyway.

the thread is "Santa's Wishlist" i stated what i wished to see...and what i really didnt need to see any more of.  keep your condescending 'have patience' lecture to yourself. 

• 200 posts
    December 1, 2016 1:17 PM PST

I wish for Punch and Pie....more streamers will come if you offer Punch and Pie!!

Wishlist of awesomesauce:

1. As many close up 360 degree views around the released races.

2. As many home town areas as possible.

3. Summoner pets to see the mechanics.

4. Alpha Testing date

5. More Polish jokes because when I read that post that is the first thing that came to my mind...Polskis not polish.

6. Character creation (I realize that's probably not in yet, but here's to hoping!).

• 149 posts
    December 1, 2016 2:01 PM PST

Yeah I am hoping for 

1. Alpha Dates
    2. New Race models
    3. a Tour of how large Thronefast is to give us an idea of how large cities are
    4. A preview or concept of raids (concept is more where I think they are at this point)
    • 1778 posts
    December 1, 2016 2:44 PM PST

Yea, well......................... as long as its a wish list...... I wish for Bard!!!!

Though you know what they say about wishing in one hand ...................... ^.~

• 578 posts
    December 2, 2016 10:34 AM PST

Aggelos said:

Yeah I am hoping for 

1. a Tour of how large Thronefast is to give us an idea of how large cities are

This would be great too. I would love to know the possible size and scope of the cities we will visit frequently as well.

• 1281 posts
    December 5, 2016 11:04 AM PST

Wow, Shaman reveal in the next Twitch! Ogres too!