Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Whoa don't look down!

• 644 posts
    November 11, 2016 1:52 PM PST

Get up in those trees !

• 902 posts
    November 16, 2016 12:22 PM PST

Nice Pic.

I would get up on that rock to the right. Climb up to the very top, then jump down to the ledge (safe fall 1)

Jump from the ledge to the ground (falling damage 5, safefall 2)

I would then climb up the to the ledge in the centre and jump (falling damage 50 000, safefall -10)

I would find my corpse, grab my gear, find a pub then drink a beer and keep my stupid ideas to myself.

This post was edited by chenzeme at November 16, 2016 12:28 PM PST
    • 513 posts
    November 17, 2016 7:51 AM PST

Hafling means something different here.  This is not Bilbo.  A Halfling is the progenoy of an ancient curse - to never reach "fully-grown" in this case.  It kind of explains the utter desire to track down and murder wraiths in all forms.  The cleverness of "halflings" eventually won out and the curse was broken - but not before damage was done and the physical appearence of these folk was "halved".  Still, the ten-generation curse had only reached half-way when the curse was broken.  It could have been so mush worse.

The Keeper does a fine job of explaining all this.  I would suggest reading EVERYTHING here!

• 172 posts
    November 19, 2016 11:46 PM PST

Nephretiti said:

Hafling means something different here.  This is not Bilbo.  A Halfling is the progenoy of an ancient curse - to never reach "fully-grown" in this case.  It kind of explains the utter desire to track down and murder wraiths in all forms.  The cleverness of "halflings" eventually won out and the curse was broken - but not before damage was done and the physical appearence of these folk was "halved".  Still, the ten-generation curse had only reached half-way when the curse was broken.  It could have been so mush worse.

The Keeper does a fine job of explaining all this.  I would suggest reading EVERYTHING here!

all hobbits are halflings..not all halflings are hobbits.. 

This post was edited by Aayden at November 19, 2016 11:48 PM PST
    • 137 posts
    November 20, 2016 7:39 AM PST

Nephretiti said:

I have read the lore, and yes it was explained well......but, when we are talking about this type of fantasy there a certain things players take for granted almost as a universal lore, one of them being halflings are hobbits and hobbits live in hobbit holes. It gets interesting when designers attempt to rewrite lore for things that many consider to the be universal....Halflings in trees, Gnomes made of energy.....

Before everyone dogpiles on, im not trashing the game at all and probably will play a Halfling, but if you change lore that many consider to be somewhat universal in this type of fantasy, expect people to raise eyebrows and ask why.

• 393 posts
    November 21, 2016 7:29 AM PST

I always like to explore new zones a bit first. Getting a feel for the distinguishing characteristics and soaking up the uniqueness of new zones is my homage to the designers. Then I'll hit the content the zone has to offer.

• 47 posts
    November 24, 2016 11:50 AM PST

Jump!  (Sorry, I was born in Kelethin)