Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What would you do with it?

• 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 3:55 AM PDT

If this building in Pantheon was yours to keep, what would you do with it?

• 65 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:42 AM PDT

Add a massive fireplace put the antlers above it with the skin rug infront then use the ale filled barrels and open an ale house for weary travelers.

• 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:45 AM PDT

Porky said:

Add a massive fireplace put the antlers above it with the skin rug infront then use the ale filled barrels and open an ale house for weary travelers.

That sounds pretty nice, I would definitely drop by for an ale or 10 :)

• 26 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:04 AM PDT

I would brighten it up with some color making it the only place in the entire world with non muted washed out color. The more screens I see the more disappointed I get. The detail is very good but everything in this game looks like a washed out water color of browns and green. I don't want cartoon but a more realistic look would be great. The real world isn't all washed out.

• 1778 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:12 AM PDT
    Seems like a good place to set up shop as a shady information broker.
    • 563 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:21 AM PDT

I'd be putting in some nice new windows to allow some natural light in to brighten the place up! :P

Honestly I'd put all my favourite armour peices, weapons, clothings, cool items and whatnot on display :D I'd set up a sleeping area for my character to rest after a hard day of adventuring, and maybe if possible open a little storefront to sell my wares (probably tailoring or cooking, maybe smithing.)

I loved being able to decorate my house in SWG, spent many hours doing that and admiring other peoples homes aswell :D

• 523 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:58 AM PDT

Spend countless hours/days/weeks decorating it.  Especially, if I can be a carpenter (ala EQ2) as a crafting profession, and this game comes anywhere close to having the amount of furniture recipes and housing depth that EQ2 had.  And to be clear, that looks solid as a starter house, hopefully we can upgrade to multiple floors/multiple rooms/stone siding/etc... as you gain more reputation and cash in game.

• 18 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:01 AM PDT

Try to get my girlfriend into gaming since she's an interior decorator and could design the place

OR

Burn it and dance naked around the fire while sacrificing a rabbit #getThePartyStarted

• 70 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:03 AM PDT

I'd put some paintings on the walls, shelves for my books and perhaps some more rugs and sofas.

I love housing and hope they don't forget about it.  Vanguard had a great system for building a house.  Took me 6 months to get my first house built.  Good times!

• 187 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:08 AM PDT

Build a secret alchemy/arcane laboratory whose hatch door is hidden underneath that bear fur rug. Then I'd turn the upstairs into a tavern as a decoy, muahaha.

• 63 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:20 AM PDT

Burn it down and set off for adventure...

• 232 posts
    October 20, 2016 9:41 AM PDT

Create a trading outpost.

• 243 posts
    October 20, 2016 10:32 AM PDT

Well now that I own it, I would probably do absolutely nothing with it, just like all my other player housing in mmos :).

• 24 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:10 PM PDT

Invite friends and have a LAN party?  Decorate with in-game items?  Install a hellgate?  Crafting bench?  Decorate the outside?  Grow a garden to produce mats for cooking? Have a Stall for pet housing?  Install an oldschool arcade cabinet?  

EQ2 had the best player housing and guildhalls.  Anything less would be uncivilized. Anything more would be an improvement.

• 363 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:19 PM PDT

cladari said:

I would brighten it up with some color making it the only place in the entire world with non muted washed out color. The more screens I see the more disappointed I get. The detail is very good but everything in this game looks like a washed out water color of browns and green. I don't want cartoon but a more realistic look would be great. The real world isn't all washed out.

While I am hopeful that this isn't the case, Cladari, I'm beginning to get that feeling, as well. The details are great, but the colors do seem a bit skewed towards a less-varied palette. Vanguard started out that way (at least in the home area where I started) but I soon ran into areas that were full of variance in color and vibrance. I hope that this is the case for Pantheon, as well.

As far as what I would do with the place if it were my own? I'd decorate it with simple furnishings, put in a workshop, and hope to Hell that the devs don't allow people to turn the outside of their homes into something similar to EQ2 homesteads. That setup is what I hope the devs do NOT go with.

• 668 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:57 PM PDT

I would build a second story, open balcony style, and make it extra sleeping quarters for all my friends that pass through.  Then eventually convert it to a tavern and open up gambling, taking a portion to the house on each hand :)

• 63 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:59 PM PDT

Most likely neglect it like I do all in-game housing.

• 112 posts
    October 20, 2016 3:03 PM PDT

very cozy, reminds me a lot of the basement in the house i grew up in

perfect place to play some oldschool DnD

(more accuratety, perfect place to get wasted on cheap whiskey while reading hand me down DnD rulebooks, because no one ever wanted to actually play :/ )

• 409 posts
    October 20, 2016 3:12 PM PDT

turn it into a tavern/bar.. and have card games in the corner.. ;)

• 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:37 PM PDT

You folks have some pretty awesome ideas for this old place and I would be happy to visit most of them... lol :D

• 294 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:24 PM PDT

I'd add a large, hand-crafted, magic imbued, painting mounted on the wall so that patrons might enjoy not only it's beauty but a nice buff to go along with it.

• 89 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:33 PM PDT

Definitely add a candle chandelier!  Love those soft lighting effects. 

• 2138 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:56 PM PDT

I'd build storage space.

It seems I save everything i've quested, and hang on to any random item that can be used in crafting!.

• 393 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:53 PM PDT

Donate it to the local orphanage.

• 22 posts
    October 21, 2016 1:50 AM PDT

Can we have pets, and place them in our house?
    Im not into decorating the house as such, but in EQ2 I would just dump all the pets into the room. I was chaos!

So... I'd create my own zoo I guess