Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Outlaw on the run!

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 3:57 AM PDT

You have just escaped the guards and arrive at a small village out of town, what do you do now?

• 54 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:06 AM PDT
    Probably keep on running.... it looks like this place becomes haunted when the sun goes down if that is indeed remains leaning against that tree... I'd rather be captured and executed by guards than be an undead's plaything for the rest of eternity.
    • 99 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:07 AM PDT
    Unless if i zoned i keep running.
    • 173 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:21 AM PDT

Place looks like it could be fortified.  I'd build up a base of operations there with supplies then proceeed to secure the building should I need to defend it.  Hell, it could be kinda like starting agian out in the wilds.  Great screenie by the way :)

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:34 AM PDT

Pariah said: Probably keep on running.... it looks like this place becomes haunted when the sun goes down if that is indeed remains leaning against that tree... I'd rather be captured and executed by guards than be an undead's plaything for the rest of eternity.

Better safe than sorry, right? :D

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:35 AM PDT

Wobels said: Unless if i zoned i keep running.

Probably a smart move ;)

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:35 AM PDT

Aarpoch said:

Place looks like it could be fortified.  I'd build up a base of operations there with supplies then proceeed to secure the building should I need to defend it.  Hell, it could be kinda like starting agian out in the wilds.  Great screenie by the way :)

That sounds like a pretty good idea, it also sounds like you will need help! Glad you like it my friend :)

• 432 posts
    October 13, 2016 4:38 AM PDT

This is no village . This is derelict remnants of a village . No trace of life, no tools lying around, no curtains or glass in windows, no flowers. There is something that looks like a burned corpse that nobody buried .

People have abandonned this place long ago and they surely did so for a reason .

As there is a castle near behind, they either fled to the castle or, on the contrary, fled before something coming from the castle .

The only reasonable thing to do is to approach the castle cautiously through the woods on the right as long as there is enough daylight left .

If it looks like a normal living place with sane people around then it is a place to examine and see if there is a way to spend the night .

If it looks as abandonned as the village ruins or there seem to be strange creatures lurking in shadows then all the alarm lights go red and it's best to run all it gives the other way round because the guards can only put me in prison in the worst case but are not likely to drink my blood or enslave my soul . Upon reflection, in this case, that which could dwell in the castle might very well do both to me .

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 5:04 AM PDT

Deadshade said:

This is no village . This is derelict remnants of a village . No trace of life, no tools lying around, no curtains or glass in windows, no flowers. There is something that looks like a burned corpse that nobody buried .

People have abandonned this place long ago and they surely did so for a reason .

As there is a castle near behind, they either fled to the castle or, on the contrary, fled before something coming from the castle .

The only reasonable thing to do is to approach the castle cautiously through the woods on the right as long as there is enough daylight left .

If it looks like a normal living place with sane people around then it is a place to examine and see if there is a way to spend the night .

If it looks as abandonned as the village ruins or there seem to be strange creatures lurking in shadows then all the alarm lights go red and it's best to run all it gives the other way round because the guards can only put me in prison in the worst case but are not likely to drink my blood or enslave my soul . Upon reflection, in this case, that which could dwell in the castle might very well do both to me .

To be fair, I was in a special GM mode where no mobs appear and had my UI turned off plus aggro switched off like I usually do to get the best shots, sometimes I leave the mobs on if they add to the shot but this would usually have npcs around :D

• 105 posts
    October 13, 2016 5:04 AM PDT

I guess I stop to remap my "a" key so that it's no longer my autoattack.....

Yep.  You know you did it too.

• 563 posts
    October 13, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

Wondering what I did to upset the guards so much (perhaps it was the beer I knocked into the captains lap in the tavern? I was a bit tipsy :P), I keep running, the dead soldier by the tree doesn't scream this is a safe village to stop in.

• 142 posts
    October 13, 2016 5:57 AM PDT

I probably pull up for a breather, walk over to the burned out corpse, and say to him, "Dude...did you also ask the guard why the monthly update is late?"

• 112 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:01 AM PDT

As a crusader, there is no running from the guards.  It was a strategic retreat after divine providence guided me to this land.  Having been branded an outlaw can only mean there is a corruption here that needs to be rooted out and cleansed.

Talking to the NPCs of the village confirms the cruelty of the current baron.  They talk of his constant increase in tax and tribute. When families are unable to meet his demands brute guards are sent out to pillage and plunder the nearby villages.  Many locals have been arrested, carted off to the baron's keep, and never seen again.  

While waiting for guildmates to arrive I  inspire the locals and assist in defending the village from further incursions.  Using my crafting skills I help fortify and gear the poor souls.  Then, once my party arrives, I brief them on the layout of the baron's keep as we head forth to end his tyranny. 

(XP Gain, Reputation with villagers increased, Reputation with deity increased, Item Received: The Baron's Brutalizer)

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

Marilee said:

I guess I stop to remap my "a" key so that it's no longer my autoattack.....

Yep.  You know you did it too.

Haha, any game that bind auto attack to "a" is trolling their players! :D

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:18 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Wondering what I did to upset the guards so much (perhaps it was the beer I knocked into the captains lap in the tavern? I was a bit tipsy :P), I keep running, the dead soldier by the tree doesn't scream this is a safe village to stop in.

Haha! Guards, after her, that was my last pair of pants! :D

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:20 AM PDT

Homercles said:

I probably pull up for a breather, walk over to the burned out corpse, and say to him, "Dude...did you also ask the guard why the monthly update is late?"

Haha, doubt it would be a good two-way discussion but you can certainly try! I am sure he would say it is a technical issue that they are working on a fast as they can and they said sorry for the inconvenience :D

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:20 AM PDT

Azotate said:

As a crusader, there is no running from the guards.  It was a strategic retreat after divine providence guided me to this land.  Having been branded an outlaw can only mean there is a corruption here that needs to be rooted out and cleansed.

Talking to the NPCs of the village confirms the cruelty of the current baron.  They talk of his constant increase in tax and tribute. When families are unable to meet his demands brute guards are sent out to pillage and plunder the nearby villages.  Many locals have been arrested, carted off to the baron's keep, and never seen again.  

While waiting for guildmates to arrive I  inspire the locals and assist in defending the village from further incursions.  Using my crafting skills I help fortify and gear the poor souls.  Then, once my party arrives, I brief them on the layout of the baron's keep as we head forth to end his tyranny. 

(XP Gain, Reputation with villagers increased, Reputation with deity increased, Item Received: The Baron's Brutalizer)

That sounds like a good days work and a lot of fun! :D

• 1281 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

I would run while strafing and occasionally jump.

• 793 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:44 AM PDT

Upon closer inspection it looks like a helm and breasplate on a stand, with a shield nearby. Surely no one would leave this behind so carelessly. It also peaks my curiousity that this may be a home village for the local guards, which if word has traveled of my current status with them, this may not be a safe place. So I do my best to lay low and investigate the local surroundings, and people.

• 257 posts
    October 13, 2016 6:55 AM PDT

Hope I can play a banjo ...

• 319 posts
    October 13, 2016 7:00 AM PDT

Depending on the zone i think I would zone out first then My druid would come back and camo to see what really goes on there. If it is an undead trap then beat it back to the zoneline and count my blessings.

• 18 posts
    October 13, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

The small village probably have no guards so... You've become better at stealing (56)

• 1584 posts
    October 13, 2016 7:13 AM PDT

I worried i see something that looks like a torso of someone, i just can't tell if it was a target practice dummy, someone tortured, or if he had the life sucks right out of him.  Either way seems like an eerie place i'd just keep on running

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 7:57 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

I would run while strafing and occasionally jump.

Lol, that will get you killed pretty quick in Pantheon, I have tried :D

• 9115 posts
    October 13, 2016 7:58 AM PDT

Fulton said:

Upon closer inspection it looks like a helm and breasplate on a stand, with a shield nearby. Surely no one would leave this behind so carelessly. It also peaks my curiousity that this may be a home village for the local guards, which if word has traveled of my current status with them, this may not be a safe place. So I do my best to lay low and investigate the local surroundings, and people.

Good observation and so far the only person to comment on it ;)