Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Stuck for the night!

• 166 posts
    October 6, 2016 10:46 AM PDT

We have wood and we have fire, so we could have it warm and we could keep wild animals at distance.

The question is, are there other threats than the cold and wild animals? In this case maybe hiding and getting a bit cold is the better solution.

In any case we should move to the area, where no snow is on the ground and we should sleep in rounds, so that always at least one keeps watch.

• 902 posts
    October 6, 2016 11:26 AM PDT

I would run towards the castle, bonk something on the head, run in a zig zag pattern back to the starting point and see what happens and how many mobs I bring with me. Oh, wait! That's training and frowned on, right? Still it was funny back in the day; watching a poor bod who took on too much running for the zone line with 20 mobs close on the coat tails. Makes me smile even after all these years.

• 114 posts
    October 6, 2016 11:45 AM PDT

First off...gorgeous screenshot! 

As for what I would be doing...I would be clinging to my husband and group mates for dear life, and wishing desperately that I had some sort of excellent night vision. 

Then I would be jumping at every noise, waiting for the mob that I knew was watching us to attack from the darkened shadows....and then....

sending my pet in as we defeat the vile beasts of nightmare as they attack!! Then, we would go back to listening for any sign of movement again as we slowly make our way....

I can't wait for this game!!

This post was edited by Frogz0r at October 6, 2016 11:46 AM PDT
    • 839 posts
    October 6, 2016 3:28 PM PDT

I envisage hiding in one of those structures holding a burning torch close to my face doing that blair witch scene crying and snotting to myself :p

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 4:43 PM PDT

Good replies folks, I am not sure a lot of you would survive but it is fun reading the plans to try! haha :D

• 294 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:09 PM PDT

Being a Dwarf and all, as long as there was plenty o'beer to go around, and we are talking several kegs, then survival would be easy. If'n there was no beer to be had, then the greater question would be: How would everything else survive the night?

• 22 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:43 PM PDT

This thread reminded me of old Kithicor, a lowly halfling lost in the woods.  Its about to turn evening and Im desperately searching for the exit to the commonlands.

Kilsin are you implying that at night new high level mobs may appear or that current mobs might morph into more dangerous forms?

• 2419 posts
    October 6, 2016 6:54 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you were stuck here for the night, how would you survive?

That would be easy:  I'd log out.  :)

• 63 posts
    October 6, 2016 7:36 PM PDT
    I'd go inside that questionable structure. Maybe there's an odd but friendly NPC in there.
    • 393 posts
    October 6, 2016 11:33 PM PDT

Move away from the lights. Climb a tree. Observe. Wait until dawn.

• 624 posts
    October 7, 2016 6:57 AM PDT

Missed this yesterday (blasted work - not enough forum time!).

Since we are stuck anyway, and the locals are no doubt aware of our presence, do what we always do.  Start a fire to push back the night a bit, let the bard entertain us until bedtime (no ghost stories though!), then set a watch.  When the big bad things attack - and you know they will - strike up anthem de arms, sing haste, mana and stamina regen while the rest of my group bests the beasties.  Toss in crowd control as necessary.  Switch up shawm, lute and drum to get the best bang from each note.

Either that or port back to the nearest tavern and compose a thrilling song about how we survived the harrowing night in the deep dark surrounded by sheer evil (*grins*).  Bards must be masters of story telling after all.

• 51 posts
    October 7, 2016 10:22 AM PDT
    Assemble a party and go in search of what adventure lies within that mountain!
    • 93 posts
    October 7, 2016 3:50 PM PDT

This image looks to me like it's an area that has recently been reclaimed. The trail leads upwards to the left into some ruins, it has sharpened wooden defences in place but they wouldn't amount to much as there are too many gaps for them to really offer any protection or hindrance to advancing enemies.

Assuming that this area has been recently reclaimed, and if the poeple here are friendly, and the fact that we're 'stuck here' I would help with the continuation of the defences being built. I'd find out what issues we may have through the coming night and perhaps send a messenger bird to call for aid if it was required (call my friends to group up).

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

• 1584 posts
    October 12, 2016 3:55 PM PDT

I'd make a Tree Stand and get in that tree by the ruins sure to be some easy targets to prey on, or hide if i found something if i didn't want to find me lol.

• 112 posts
    October 12, 2016 4:06 PM PDT

Oldtimer said:

I would be mad at my wife for not getting us better reservations :)

lol Awesome response

This post was edited by darksaber8570 at October 12, 2016 4:07 PM PDT
    • 80 posts
    October 12, 2016 5:31 PM PDT

/petguard

• 3016 posts
    October 12, 2016 6:11 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

I wouldn't be...as a wizzie I would group port out :P Or evac if necessary. 

• 668 posts
    October 12, 2016 6:45 PM PDT

I would breakdown the fence pillars and put them into a pile just ouside the stone hut.  I would then take one of the torches and set ablaze a huge bonfire.  I would back inside the hut and sleep in a heated room for the night where no critters could cross through to get me

• 17 posts
    October 13, 2016 8:11 AM PDT

Lots of insightful and funny comments here. Enjoyable thread and I don't think I could add to the already great comments.

• 194 posts
    October 13, 2016 8:19 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

SoW myself and forget to cast on my groupmates...

At the end of the day you don't need to be faster than whatever's lurking in the shadows... you just need to be faster than the guy standing next to you.

• 160 posts
    October 13, 2016 8:37 AM PDT

Step 1: Find interesting life forms

Step 2: Kill them all and let Innoruuk sort them out

This post was edited by Aethor at October 13, 2016 8:38 AM PDT
    • 902 posts
    October 16, 2016 4:21 AM PDT

The phrase should be replaced with "If you had the opportunity to spend the night here, what would you get up to?"

Have a sing a long around a camp fire (if any bards have found their voice yet), or play tag with the night life, or a game of hide and seek. Ooo.. I could scribe all of the night creatures I see for the local library or follow a moving ball of light I spied through the trees and see where it leads me.

Anything, I just want the opportunity... Now! :-D (I keep telling myself, "patience is a virtue").

This post was edited by chenzeme at October 16, 2016 4:26 AM PDT
    • 7 posts
    October 16, 2016 1:58 PM PDT

Fun Question!   I would clear and secure the Building center left of picture.  It's small, protected and gives some defense from predators and the elements.  I'd have to hope that it's owner didnt return Goldilocks style as the path look like it's used a lot! If I were solo I'd pull that fence outside tight around the front door and light a small fire with the leftover wood.  If I had a small group I'd set up a two man watch and move the fence a little further out.  Rotate sleep shifts inside the fence.  Looks COLD!!!!

• 668 posts
    October 16, 2016 7:29 PM PDT

Wow how many of you are super excited just to raom the new world of Terminus??

I see a photo like this and it gets me pretty dam excited!  I bet there is going to be LOADs of danger all over the place, I just love that we will have to be super cautious all the time.

• 31 posts
    October 19, 2016 10:51 AM PDT

1) Get fairly drunk.

2) Strip down into my birthday suit.  Kinda like a loveable wookie who opted to shave his entire body using a sheep sheer.

3) Make snow angels.

4) Wait for stupid Kobolds who think im retarded to assualt me.

5) Kill them and sleep in their gutted corpes, hoth style.