Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Stuck for the night!

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 3:55 AM PDT

If you were stuck here for the night, how would you survive?

• 147 posts
    October 6, 2016 4:24 AM PDT

Head to that castle off in the distance...

• 58 posts
    October 6, 2016 4:40 AM PDT

I'd look for my prey that is also stuck around here for the night heheh

This post was edited by Beez at October 6, 2016 4:41 AM PDT
    • 91 posts
    October 6, 2016 4:42 AM PDT

Hide under a Stone... ;)

• 116 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:02 AM PDT

I would be mad at my wife for not getting us better reservations :)

• 54 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:04 AM PDT

I would try to find a nice hiding spot like in a bush and wrap whatever I could around myself to stay as warm as possible and pray that a lurking spider or werewolf doesn't happen to be prowling nearby.

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:29 AM PDT

Obliquity said:

Head to that castle off in the distance...

Not a bad plan but it is further away than it looks in that picture :)

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:30 AM PDT

Beez said:

I'd look for my prey that is also stuck around here for the night heheh

Haha, lets hope it is smaller and less deadly than you ;)

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:30 AM PDT

lyrina said:

Hide under a Stone... ;)

That is probably the safest option if you can find one big enough haha :D

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:31 AM PDT

Oldtimer said:

I would be mad at my wife for not getting us better reservations :)

Hahaha! I have heard the service is to die for :D

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:32 AM PDT

Pariah said:

I would try to find a nice hiding spot like in a bush and wrap whatever I could around myself to stay as warm as possible and pray that a lurking spider or werewolf doesn't happen to be prowling nearby.

That is a pretty good plan, lets hope the "locals" don;t pick up your scent ;)

• 86 posts
    October 6, 2016 5:51 AM PDT

Find out who's lighting all those torches and ask them about that mine shaft.

• 2138 posts
    October 6, 2016 6:22 AM PDT

I would camp a bit away, but would not worry if a Mage, Shaman, Ranger and Crusader were in the group. The mage could summon up some nice black bread and water, the shaman could sooth our spirits form fear and provide a little inner-fire for warmth, The ranger could tell what game is around and what has been walking where- general recon, and the Crusader- well- would just keep their eyes open, "duty bound to protect and.." blah blah blah. See what we can observe - or "perceive" and then decide what to do. 

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 6:28 AM PDT

coach said:

Find out who's lighting all those torches and ask them about that mine shaft.

Haha, are you sure you want to speak to them? By the look of those spikes I am not sure they would be friendly, maybe it's adventurers like you that they are trying to keep out! ;) 

• 9115 posts
    October 6, 2016 6:29 AM PDT

Manouk said:

I would camp a bit away, but would not worry if a Mage, Shaman, Ranger and Crusader were in the group. The mage could summon up some nice black bread and water, the shaman could sooth our spirits form fear and provide a little inner-fire for warmth, The ranger could tell what game is around and what has been walking where- general recon, and the Crusader- well- would just keep their eyes open, "duty bound to protect and.." blah blah blah. See what we can observe - or "perceive" and then decide what to do. 

That sounds like a pretty good plan :)

• 781 posts
    October 6, 2016 6:31 AM PDT

Great scene guys :)  Nice fire and a rock to lay my head and i'm good, cya in the morning ! :) Worry bout tomorrow, when tomorrow gets here.

• 1778 posts
    October 6, 2016 7:32 AM PDT

Ride the moon beams to safety................. wait no............. that is me going to heaven. Apparently sleeping under that tree in the middle was a bad idea?

• 49 posts
    October 6, 2016 7:33 AM PDT
    The way I survive every situation spend my evening killing every and any thing around
    • 1921 posts
    October 6, 2016 7:38 AM PDT

They're just misunderstood Ogres, by the architecture.  I say offer them a tasty meal and raise that faction. ;)

Seriously though, this area looks like, potentially, another angle of this castle in the distance.  The spires and tower architecture is identical.

Alternately, it's another shot in or near the same area/region/zone (thronefast?) given the architectural similarity to this, thisthis, and this.

What would I do? Cast invis and head for the distant castle, presuming it's friendly, or wait out the few minutes of darkness.

• 163 posts
    October 6, 2016 9:03 AM PDT

I would set up camp....with a fire going....and have the wizard cast a defensive shield around our campsite. Shaman cleanse the land of any evil that may still be lurking or if this is a ruined gravesite. We don't want to relive poltergeist all over again. We can't afford to have the cleric sucked into the TV. We would then proceed to scout the area and be prepared for any offensive enemies that may be waiting to eat us or lunch or take us prisoner. Rogue would then sneak around and look for lore books, notes, inscriptions and ancient markings that might lead to the information we seek to improve upon our ancient epic powers that are long lost and for gotten.

• 22 posts
    October 6, 2016 9:14 AM PDT

I am the monster that goes bump in the night, they should fear me.

• 257 posts
    October 6, 2016 9:16 AM PDT

Snow? Mountains? It's Alive! I'll eat the halfling first.

• 428 posts
    October 6, 2016 9:30 AM PDT

Kalgore the mighty crusader a legand amongst his order has no fear or worry about the night or location.  With his mighty Sword Faithkeeper and legandary shield Enforcer he Braves through the night as a defender of all the goodly people.

This post was edited by Kalgore at October 6, 2016 10:15 AM PDT
    • 644 posts
    October 6, 2016 10:04 AM PDT

As I gaze down from my vantage point on top of this hill, I see what appears to be some sort of defenses, with spikes in the ground and some stone structures.  The torches are lit so people frequent the area, but it's too far to make it to that castle off in the distance.  I do see what appears to be a crypt (9 o'clock position in the picture). 

I would check there first and see if it is open - if so, it will provide shelter for the night.  I would grab one of the torches and set it up inside this crypt for light and warmth (and to fend off any undead that might arise).  Then I would gather the other torches from the area and snuff them out - saving them for the rest of the night.

I wouldn't barricade myself inside for fear of trapping myself inside with who-knows-what, but I would certainly assemble some defenses from the spiked poles to be ready.

• 46 posts
    October 6, 2016 10:10 AM PDT

Close my eyes and chant "I disbelieve".