Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dead End Scenario

• 24 posts
    September 19, 2016 11:09 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Haha, nice, I am not sure root would work on this guy, he is pretty smart and tough but you could try :P

Ah, got ya. You are talking 'bout me ;)

• 839 posts
    September 19, 2016 11:49 PM PDT

Run blindly into the wall of the dead end for 2 reasons, just incase its an invis door way to a hidden zone... yeah right :p and secondly incase anyone is watching i can claim is was lagging bad and thats why i died... making sure i /say "damn you lag!!" before i keel over and die... haha kidding! :p

I'd start with a /loc like someone said then run straight at the mob and throw in an old David Campese goose step on the way past (haha Kilsin should know that one) hope that i avoid the initial stun atttack that we all know is coming then i'll start wishing that i had chosen a druid just for SoW and not a chanter for mana regen and as i forrest gump my way towards the nearest zone frantically dropping unwanted junk equipment to lose my usual encumbered state and hope that some pathing issue in the dead end holds the mob up for enough time to get away!  (Not saying there will be pathing issues in Pantheon but i can only hope in this situation)

Hey Kilsin, I know this is a long shot but...  we had those patch notes in a previous newsletter and one of them mentioned an update to spell particle effects any chance of a screen shot that shows off one or a few of the teams favourite spell graphics as they currently stand in action?  Cheers! :)

• 9115 posts
    September 20, 2016 3:22 AM PDT

Chett said:

Kilsin said:

Haha, nice, I am not sure root would work on this guy, he is pretty smart and tough but you could try :P

Ah, got ya. You are talking 'bout me ;)

Suuure I am ;) 

• 9115 posts
    September 20, 2016 3:23 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

Run blindly into the wall of the dead end for 2 reasons, just incase its an invis door way to a hidden zone... yeah right :p and secondly incase anyone is watching i can claim is was lagging bad and thats why i died... making sure i /say "damn you lag!!" before i keel over and die... haha kidding! :p

I'd start with a /loc like someone said then run straight at the mob and throw in an old David Campese goose step on the way past (haha Kilsin should know that one) hope that i avoid the initial stun atttack that we all know is coming then i'll start wishing that i had chosen a druid just for SoW and not a chanter for mana regen and as i forrest gump my way towards the nearest zone frantically dropping unwanted junk equipment to lose my usual encumbered state and hope that some pathing issue in the dead end holds the mob up for enough time to get away!  (Not saying there will be pathing issues in Pantheon but i can only hope in this situation)

Hey Kilsin, I know this is a long shot but...  we had those patch notes in a previous newsletter and one of them mentioned an update to spell particle effects any chance of a screen shot that shows off one or a few of the teams favourite spell graphics as they currently stand in action?  Cheers! :)

Haha I like the lag excuse, we can get away with that in Aus and DC was a legend :D

We will be able to show some of them off in the next stream/video but no set time on when we will be able to get that out mate.

• 33 posts
    September 20, 2016 3:39 AM PDT
    As a hafling, I slip on the One Ring and escape through the shadows.
    • 393 posts
    September 20, 2016 4:12 AM PDT

I would stand and fight and keep trying to successfully cast a CC spell and get away if one did stick. I would pay attention for any special abilities the mob had for future reference, move to the safest spot as possible and hope that if none of my spells workerd then maybe I'd get some defensive skill-ups at the very least.

• 78 posts
    September 20, 2016 4:47 AM PDT

Drop Pants, and run straight for the monster with arms flailing wildly.

Best case scenario - you recover your corpse to find your pants free of bloodstains, and with perfect creases!

• 1303 posts
    September 20, 2016 4:52 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You aggro a mob and turn to run and realize that you are heading into a dead end, you try to cast but it fizzles, what do you do now?

Assuming this is a mob that you really have no hope in defeating, you dig into your deep bag of tricks the devs intentionally gave you to produce some creative emergant gambit. 

Root it and run. 

Blind it and run. 

You bash it with your shield to stun it and run. 

Snare it and take a couple of shots so you can run. 

You use the player-made smoke bomb and run. 

You throw a player-made net and run. 

You knock over a pile of rocks to slow it and run. 

You dive into a crevice that the mob is too big to enter and wait for it to get bored and leave. 

You bribe it. 

You trip your buddy so that he becomes bait, and run. 

Or.... you do a quick /rude, then a quick /loc so you know where to find all your gear. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at September 20, 2016 4:56 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    September 20, 2016 10:28 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You aggro a mob and turn to run and realize that you are heading into a dead end, you try to cast but it fizzles, what do you do now?

/warp succor

/fade

Done.

• 29 posts
    September 20, 2016 11:29 AM PDT

Strafe-run for the zoneline (lol), feign death, pop a long-cooldown discipline to mitigate some damage, try to train out, or go down in a roar of glory!

• 110 posts
    September 21, 2016 11:26 AM PDT

Jlewis7373 said:

/loc

+ 1 kajillion

How Sheyna Rainbringer, mighty half-elf paladin, rolls: Shield up: Bash, stun, bash, stun, bash, stun, miss miss miss, bash, stun, take 1 pt damage, bash, stun, miss hit for 2 pts damage miss, bash, stun, bash, stun ... and the stalemate continues until someone comes along and is kind enough to provide some dps.