Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dead End Scenario

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 3:59 AM PDT

You aggro a mob and turn to run and realize that you are heading into a dead end, you try to cast but it fizzles, what do you do now?

• 21 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:03 AM PDT

same answer like on FB.

alt+f4  :P

• 173 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:04 AM PDT

You FIGHT!!!  If you have time, try the cast agian or even one that would cast quicker.  If you cannot get a spell off at all then it's an up close & personal FIGHT!!!   If you can't nuke it down, beat it down :)

• 27 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:05 AM PDT

I see only 2 options if you are indeed alone: Try that spell again (was it root or mez?) or run back and eat those mob hits while trying to zone.

• 2756 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:28 AM PDT

Burn through your heal pots?  (Heal pots?  Noooo!)

Use up your charged wand?  (Wands?  Eeek!)

Click your single-use amulet of teleport?  (Teleport?  Whaaat?!)

Smack it with your staff and hope for some lucky crits?  (Caster melee crits?  No way!)

Activate your once-a-day racial shadow-step ability?  (Get-out-of-jail-free-energency abilities?  Ugh!)

I dunno... should a caster be doomed when faced with melee combat?

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:33 AM PDT

skitarg said:

same answer like on FB.

alt+f4  :P

Lol, this made me laugh on FB :)

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:33 AM PDT

Aarpoch said:

You FIGHT!!!  If you have time, try the cast agian or even one that would cast quicker.  If you cannot get a spell off at all then it's an up close & personal FIGHT!!!   If you can't nuke it down, beat it down :)

I like your thinking, back to the wall, fight to survive! :D

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:34 AM PDT

Humperding said:

I see only 2 options if you are indeed alone: Try that spell again (was it root or mez?) or run back and eat those mob hits while trying to zone.

Haha, nice thinking, this could work but it would be risky, this mob runs fast and hits hard! :D

• 62 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:36 AM PDT

If the mob is deep red to you, perhaps you better start praying in real life that you've tithed enough to whichever deity you hold dear to offer a resurrection upon your eventual demise. Otherwise, prepare to go on a corpse recovery expedition.

If the mob is light green to you, just fight it.

This post was edited by hasteoftime at September 19, 2016 5:56 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts

disposalist said:

Burn through your heal pots?  (Heal pots?  Noooo!)

Use up your charged wand?  (Wands?  Eeek!)

Click your single-use amulet of teleport?  (Teleport?  Whaaat?!)

Smack it with your staff and hope for some lucky crits?  (Caster melee crits?  No way!)

Activate your once-a-day racial shadow-step ability?  (Get-out-of-jail-free-energency abilities?  Ugh!)

I dunno... should a caster be doomed when faced with melee combat?

"Smack it with your staff and hope for some lucky crits?" or try to recast a spell but none of these healing pots, charge wands or teleport clickies in Pantheon, man!

• 9115 posts

zaktaros said:

If the mob is deep red to you, perhaps you better start praying in real life that you've tithed enough to whichever deity you hold dear for a resurrection otherwise prepare to go on a corpse recovery expedition. If the mob is light green to you, just fight it.

Haha, exactly! :D

• 91 posts
    September 19, 2016 4:40 AM PDT

Die like any Casters do... In a save corner, to loot your corpse savly ;).

• 793 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:39 AM PDT

I root one of my group members, wait until the mobs attack them, then run past them all. ;)

• 40 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:42 AM PDT

I'm kind like Lyrina i guess :)

I start to /tell a good friend monk to prepare "a future corpse run", today should be a long journey.

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:53 AM PDT

lyrina said:

Die like any Casters do... In a save corner, to loot your corpse savly ;).

Haha, this is most likely the outcome :D

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:54 AM PDT

Fulton said:

I root one of my group members, wait until the mobs attack them, then run past them all. ;)

Oh you are all alone my friend, no group to help you in this dead end, just you and the most dangerous mob around! Fight, run or die :D

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:54 AM PDT

catharsis said:

I'm kind like Lyrina i guess :)

I start to /tell a good friend monk to prepare "a future corpse run", today should be a long journey.

Haha, this is most likely the outcome for many :D

• 116 posts
    September 19, 2016 5:56 AM PDT

I guess that its named a "dead end" for a reason :) I would try everything at my disposal to survive that fight. I would try any spells I had equipped like a stun, root or mezmerize and use all of my equipped resources, potions etc, throwing rocks and strong curse words with the proverbial middle finger being the last act of defiance :)

This post was edited by Oldtimer at September 19, 2016 6:03 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    September 19, 2016 6:19 AM PDT

"Your sacrifice will be remembered, my friend."   tosses the Halfling between the monster and himself, then bails.

• 3 posts
    September 19, 2016 6:40 AM PDT

/loc

• 781 posts
    September 19, 2016 6:48 AM PDT

Keep running in circles till your mana regens and try to cast again.  If i am far enough ahead maybe just maybe i have about 10 sec to sit real quick mem a lower lvl spell that i know wont fizzle and start using that one, just enough to keep it distracted until i can figure which way to go and keep running.

This post was edited by Kelem at September 19, 2016 6:48 AM PDT
    • 89 posts
    September 19, 2016 6:49 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You aggro a mob and turn to run and realize that you are heading into a dead end, you try to cast but it fizzles, what do you do now?

Phone a friend.

• 200 posts
    September 19, 2016 7:09 AM PDT
    If I got there solo root and run like hell. I'm a scared rabbit!
    • 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 7:47 AM PDT

Oldtimer said:

I guess that its named a "dead end" for a reason :) I would try everything at my disposal to survive that fight. I would try any spells I had equipped like a stun, root or mezmerize and use all of my equipped resources, potions etc, throwing rocks and strong curse words with the proverbial middle finger being the last act of defiance :)

Good observation my friend and I like your fighting spirit, I would go out the same way in a similar position! :D

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 7:47 AM PDT

piellar said:

"Your sacrifice will be remembered, my friend."   tosses the Halfling between the monster and himself, then bails.

Lol, there are no halflings around to help you this time friend! :D