Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Favourite Form of Travel?

• 9115 posts
    September 5, 2016 3:56 AM PDT

What is your favourite form of travel in any MMORPG that you have played to date?

• 21 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:04 AM PDT

Rudolph ;). But otherwise boat and enter Khal

• 93 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:08 AM PDT

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Magus mount!  :-)

Just thought it rocked!

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

• 9115 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:12 AM PDT

skitarg said:

It was named Randolph and kill it with fire! Lot's of fire! ;)

Boats were awesome in VG.

• 9115 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:13 AM PDT

Vaultarn said:

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Magus mount!  :-)

Just thought it rocked!

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

Nice mate :)

• 1 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:13 AM PDT

Gotta say I really loved gliding around in Archeage. 

• 105 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:18 AM PDT

Back in Vanilla Wow I rolled a gnome and then ran all the way to the Night Elf starting area and did everything I could to raise my NE rep which ended up being just handing in stacks and stacks of cloth. All to have a gnome riding a Sabre cat... It was worth it though!

• 85 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:24 AM PDT

Boat travel is probably my favourite. I really enjoyed waiting to get on a boat at a pier, meeting other travelers heading the same direction. Usually, you'd end up striking up a conversation that would last until your destination (and sometimes even friendships that lastest longer). I'd love to see more group based modes of transportation. For example, a caravan that leaves every 30 minutes from one city to another, that travels at a speed much faster than normal walking or spell augments. This would help bringing people together in their travels.

This post was edited by Endalmir at September 5, 2016 4:26 AM PDT
    • 1 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:30 AM PDT

I rather liked travelling by horse in daoc (i still do sometimes) as well as leaping in coh.

• 563 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:34 AM PDT

I loved the starships in SWG: JtLS. It was so awesome to jump into my ship (loved the Eta-2 Actis-class Interceptor) fly around in space, take hyperspace routes to spaceports and travel for free, and of course fight the filthy Rebel scum! :P

It was really fun when you took up a larger ship because you can get out of the pilot seat and run around your ship, put furniture and decorations in it just like a house :D

This is just a random pic for the Eta-2 from SWGEMU. I painted mine purple and yellow when I played :D

This post was edited by Rachael at September 5, 2016 4:34 AM PDT
    • 173 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:39 AM PDT

I like flying around on my trusty raindeer.  I think it was the randomness of the mount coupled with the view as you apporoached the city.  VG was such a beautiful and fun game.

• 63 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:41 AM PDT

Vanguard Griffon, not just the ride but obtaining it.

• 21 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:42 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

skitarg said:

It was named Randolph and kill it with fire! Lot's of fire! ;)

Boats were awesome in VG.

I know ;) i just gonna talk about Randolph untill alpha comes :P 

• 116 posts
    September 5, 2016 4:55 AM PDT

Zahlhedren said:

You beat me to it. Here is a ss from Dark and Light.

photo 3dfb58e0.jpg

• 91 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:09 AM PDT

Clearly "walking". Yes, simply "walking" or "running"... Maybe a Horse (like in EQ) was cool, but not more. I know, this isnt the topic, but most "fast travel"-features kills the 'size of the world'. I prefer to explore 'by walking', not w/ a flying mount or similar, cause youll miss soooo much. Also you 'learn', how far something is away from A to B, you learn the danger and stuff like that. Wasnt it cool, to run with a friend or a group, from Freeport to Oasis of Marr (or other places) and even 'on the way' there, you had adventures, killing spiders, seeing rare spawn... WALKING! :).

• 200 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:34 AM PDT
    I love walking as well. I prefer it over mounts, even tho I really like some of them, and always adored flying in for example WoW just for the sense of freedom.

In retrospect I'd say flying, while really cool, destroys something important of the experience and I'd rather not see it at all in Pantheon. And I'd prefer no mounts at all with my absurd fondness for walking but I know they'll be in the game so no point in arguing there :D.
    • 104 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:35 AM PDT
    Selo's Accelerando
    • 319 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:48 AM PDT

Flying is always a good way to travel and gives an awesome view of the landscapes. And walking is great if exploring  is your thing. But walking only makes the game real slow if you eed to get from a "freport" to a "Qeynos". You always can walk if prefered but we need the quicker forms of travel in the game. So my vote is flying mounts and ports for those real important travels you need to hurry to.

• 91 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:52 AM PDT

Aena said: Selo's Accelerando

This counts as "walking"... "very fast walking" :P

• 9115 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:57 AM PDT

Zahlhedren said:

That is my favourite too, by far! I loved my Venerable Griffons and what I went through on each character to get them and help others :D

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at September 5, 2016 6:02 AM PDT
    • 86 posts
    September 5, 2016 6:03 AM PDT

My answer has 2 parts....

Besides by foot because I love running around on foot because I like to kill and gather as I go places.....

1. Favorite as in the one I used the most was either my ground or flying mount of choice
    2. The method I had the most fun at as boat. Wether EQ, WoW, or other  games. While waiting you had timie to talk to others and fish.
    • 624 posts
    September 5, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

Aena said: Selo's Accelerando
      ^^^ THIS! ^^^  Drum out, eyes wide, looping back and forth taking it all in... good times.

Though I will admit boat travel is second favorite (leisurely pace, love that ocean spray, even getting dumped occasionally).

Flying is fun once you reach the destination, but during the journey I have to take in the scenery from the ground.

This post was edited by Kumu at September 5, 2016 6:34 AM PDT
    • 294 posts
    September 5, 2016 6:58 AM PDT

Something about the open seas that has always been fun to me. Boats for the win, but I did enjoy the Vanguard griffon as well. I guess it is the freedom that comes with both.

• 264 posts
    September 5, 2016 7:14 AM PDT

Hasten Bootstrutter says 'The time to trade has come!! I am now rich and you are now fast. Take the journeyman boots and run like the wind.' 

Travel by J boot was the best. :) 

• 2138 posts
    September 5, 2016 7:18 AM PDT

Ring of flight and the Fused Mnemonic of Khati Shah.

This post was edited by Manouk at September 5, 2016 7:19 AM PDT