Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Favourite Form of Travel?

• 86 posts
    September 5, 2016 7:52 AM PDT

Full speed Selo's, dragging a few people on autofollow, add in some lag, good stuff.

Also, the boots that let you feather-fall in Landmark.

• 34 posts
    September 5, 2016 8:08 AM PDT

lyrina said:

Clearly "walking". Yes, simply "walking" or "running"...

I'll have to be a little dull here on this one and go with foot travel as well.

Running and porting. And boats.

Mounts are OK, too, if they don't get silly.

My personal preference would be to have nothing but the basics available at launch.

• 393 posts
    September 5, 2016 8:17 AM PDT

Levitation in EQ.

SWG and EVE spaceship travel was fun.

And I know it's just a cut-scene but the opening scene in Skyrim in the horse drawn cart was pretty unique.

• 99 posts
    September 5, 2016 8:32 AM PDT
    Crack for SoW.. :) my fav was EQ boats because i hated making time to fish but when your waiting on a boat fishing seemed like the right thing to do... Also it was a suprise cause you never knew if somone was kiting a giant into the boat path that always made it fun too..
    • 9115 posts
    September 5, 2016 8:43 AM PDT

Nice replies folks! So many memories with different travel options :)

• 430 posts
    September 5, 2016 8:48 AM PDT

everquest boats , walking , skipping , strolling  along . Hopping works .

• 86 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:03 AM PDT

Hugging the wall, or barely out running the huge train to the zone because you didnt.  Everything else EQ had to offer was great, minus the Planes of Power instant port hub.  

Flying mounts or anything else that lets you simply bypass content for the sake of convenience cheapens the game for me.  Druids or Wizards should be necessary for convenient travel.

This post was edited by Greattaste at September 5, 2016 9:15 AM PDT
    • 147 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:08 AM PDT

EQ> BOAT! and on foot with Jboots, Selo's or Spirit of the Cheetah/Wolf

• 62 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:20 AM PDT
    my own two feet in first person view. not a fan of mounts, especially the flying ones. i think travel by boats could be fun if there were stuff to do besides admiring other people's gear and striking up a conversation with strangers. like picking pockets for example since most people go afk during boat rides.
    • 1778 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:39 AM PDT

My Feet! Not really a fan of mounts!!

• 45 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:42 AM PDT

I love mounts that are blazing fast, In Black Desert Online we would hold horse races and it was your goal to go from one end of the map to another, any route was acceptable. Racing was fun, most times the fastest horse didn't win, the horses that were able to cut through mountians and stuff won. I hope races in some form gets implemented or at least supported :P 

No two mounts should be the same in my opinion, especially in terms of speed.

I HAVE A NEED FOR SPEED!

• 200 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:14 AM PDT
    • 22 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:31 AM PDT

Personally I like the more or less realistic mounts. All kinds of tameable wildlife is fine, but hoverboards and translucent dragons aren't really my thing.

I hope I'm not getting the games mixed up, but I think it was in Vanguard:
    First time I noticed that if you walk backwards whilst on a horse, the horse would actually look behind to see where it was going.

Such a nice detail I thought at the time

Wicky

• 166 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:37 AM PDT

In WoW the best and coolest way for travel was the travel form of my Druid. But at the beginning I played an undead and there for a long time I was only walking. I still know how epic it was, as I finally was able to afford a skeleton horse. If we would be able to build our own ships, which we can use to sail on the waters of terminus, this for sure would be another great way to travel.

• 363 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:42 AM PDT

I would have to say that travel by boat in EQ1 was, by far, the most memorable experience I had early on in MMOs. However, flying above the landscapes trumps them all. There's just something about being able to see SO much of the world from that perspective. Not sure how they will implement them, if they do at all, but my favorite form of travel is flying.

Edit: Oh, as far as the MMO goes, I'd have to say the most fun I had with a flying mount was in WoW.

This post was edited by Anistosoles at September 5, 2016 11:43 AM PDT
    • 363 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:46 AM PDT

Mortanos said:

I love mounts that are blazing fast, In Black Desert Online we would hold horse races and it was your goal to go from one end of the map to another, any route was acceptable. Racing was fun, most times the fastest horse didn't win, the horses that were able to cut through mountians and stuff won. I hope races in some form gets implemented or at least supported :P 

I HAVE A NEED FOR SPEED!

You can always start your own races on whatever server you end up on. Maybe you'll become famous for it. " Mortanos' Measure of Mettle "  ?? 

• 89 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:50 AM PDT

The Drums.

• 644 posts
    September 5, 2016 1:38 PM PDT

Boat.  Something magical about sitting on a dock waiting for a big ship to pull up, folks /shout BOAT! and jumping aboard.

Something just awe-inspiring traveling across vast oceans (for painfully long times) which completely immerses one in the sheer SIZE of the world.

The boat music from EQ has been my alarm clock sound for years.

• 45 posts
    September 5, 2016 1:46 PM PDT

Anistosoles said:

Mortanos said:

I HAVE A NEED FOR SPEED!

You can always start your own races on whatever server you end up on. Maybe you'll become famous for it. " Mortanos' Measure of Mettle "  ?? 

I like that idea :O

• 163 posts
    September 5, 2016 2:15 PM PDT

I would have to say my favorite would be horse back and J boots from EQ along with Levitation buff to be able to levitate across areas of the zone to make things a little easier. This would help make those who want flying mounts a little happier and its a nice compromise.

• 74 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:28 PM PDT

Selo's! Especially if I'm taxiing some paying customers across the continent. Before maps, when you had to know the zones. :)

• 51 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:09 PM PDT

Running in Bear form in EQ. Levitation was also a nice addition in hilly zones

• 1404 posts
    September 5, 2016 9:41 PM PDT
    On foot, with Level and SoW or Jboots...it's all about the journey.
    • 1 posts
    September 6, 2016 6:09 AM PDT

I understand the desire for mounts. I honestly prefer things like JBoots, or levitating/speed enhancements. Things that enhance the character, and isnt just a slap on addition like a mount. I enjoyed Wizards and Druids being the only method for teleportation. Interclass reliance made it more social.

• 243 posts
    September 6, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

I've got to say +1 to Jboots also.  It wasn't as fast as SOW, but getting them after doing the quest and spending the time was rewarding.