Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

It's time for training...

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:50 PM PDT

Syntro said:

Love it, love it, love it! We will have the option to batter dummies to raise our skills out of combat! Thanks for the Pantheon info fix Kilsin, I needed a bump. :D

Glad you like it, Syntro! :)

If dummies are active on live servers they will not give experience points, they will most likely just show damage numbers but we have not decided on whether we will be allowing this or not yet, this will be a good topic to bring up during testing.

• 432 posts
    September 1, 2016 6:01 PM PDT
    On the plus side ... no active target dummies mean you can beat on your friends for all your testing needs!

-Todd
    • 86 posts
    September 1, 2016 6:52 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Koreno said:

Love the picture. Reminds me. Will dummies be functional or just for looks? Would be cool to actually play with one to devise and test rotations and stuff.

So far just for looks, we do have working dummies in our secret dev hideout but not sure if we will use them on the live servers, there are a number of pros and cons to consider with balance and abilities so that is something we will discuss more probably during testing ;)

Thanks a shame. :(

• 187 posts
    September 1, 2016 8:20 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Glad you like it, Syntro! :)

If dummies are active on live servers they will not give experience points, they will most likely just show damage numbers but we have not decided on whether we will be allowing this or not yet, this will be a good topic to bring up during testing.

Ah, I was thinking along the lines of a slower way to raises 2hs skill for example, not necessarily XP. Either way, now that I've pledged I'll be able to help work out those finer details in alpha. Super stoked.

• 1921 posts
    September 1, 2016 9:27 PM PDT

Kilsin said:...

No need for them to grant XP or even skill-ups or anything like that, just damage values would be grand. :) Rift had this, and it was a nice feature for a variety of good reasons.