Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

It's time for training...

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 3:57 AM PDT

Whether you prefer Melee, Ranged or Magic, it's time for training if you don't let the view distract you!

• 93 posts
    September 1, 2016 4:27 AM PDT

Wait.. what?  No room for jousting??  :-P

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

This post was edited by Vaultarn at September 1, 2016 4:27 AM PDT
    • 91 posts
    September 1, 2016 4:30 AM PDT

Not enough space, to quad my enemies! >:-D

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 7:00 AM PDT

Vaultarn said:

Wait.. what?  No room for jousting??  :-P

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

If you look over to the right side you will see more room to train, it's just out of view ;)

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 7:01 AM PDT

lyrina said:

You can't quad dummies! lol :P

• 34 posts
    September 1, 2016 7:18 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Speaking of dummies -- better be careful who you train with, lest you be stricken by a stray arrow

This post was edited by Xaruk at September 1, 2016 7:18 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 8:20 AM PDT

I had to remove the memes guys, please keep them in the memes thread only, it makes it very hard to sift through threads and info to give the devs if there are memes everywhere! Knock yourselves out in the memes thread (that is why I let tehtawd create the meme thread so you all had a place to show them off away from the normal threads) but normal threads need to be a meme free zone, this is why we are strict on double posts and using the search function as it bloats the threads and takes longer to find the good ideas and suggestions, I wouldn't want to miss one because of skipping memes!

Anyway, derailing my own thread here but I wanted to explain the reason why it is important to keep the forums clean and tidy, no hard feelings I promise but memes will be removed from normal threads :)

Meme's Thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3598/pantheon-meme-s

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at September 1, 2016 8:21 AM PDT
    • 243 posts
    September 1, 2016 8:32 AM PDT

Sorry, I am already distracted.  I'm going to go see what is in that castle over there :P

• 96 posts
    September 1, 2016 9:11 AM PDT

Rominian said:

Sorry, I am already distracted.  I'm going to go see what is in that castle over there :P

Agreed...I didn't even do more than cast a spell on a target while moving (just because I can!) before I headed off in that direction.  I wonder what we'll find on the way there!

• 613 posts
    September 1, 2016 10:09 AM PDT

Pretty cool shot Kilsin!!  Will there be venders close to upgrade gear for testing and such? 

Ox 

• 86 posts
    September 1, 2016 10:11 AM PDT

Love the picture. Reminds me. Will dummies be functional or just for looks? Would be cool to actually play with one to devise and test rotations and stuff.

• 1921 posts
    September 1, 2016 10:42 AM PDT

Koreno said:

Love the picture. Reminds me. Will dummies be functional or just for looks? Would be cool to actually play with one to devise and test rotations and stuff.

Agreed, and yes, this would be nice to know.  In Rift, one of the greatest things ever (for parsers like me) was to test if things were working as intended on target dummies.  Extremely valuable feature, imo.

• 432 posts
    September 1, 2016 10:46 AM PDT
    Yes!
    Are target dummies confirmed to be interactable with?
    Nice to practice with.

-Todd
    • 200 posts
    September 1, 2016 12:34 PM PDT

Need a cleric Rominian? I want to see the castle as well!

Love the colors, can't wait to go for a walk :).

• 112 posts
    September 1, 2016 2:02 PM PDT

those lamp posts look like a hangmans gallows...

• 1778 posts
    September 1, 2016 2:15 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

lyrina said:

You dont know the people I have to work around Kilsen! I quad kite dummies all the time in RL! >.>

• 187 posts
    September 1, 2016 2:41 PM PDT

Love it, love it, love it! We will have the option to batter dummies to raise our skills out of combat! Thanks for the Pantheon info fix Kilsin, I needed a bump. :D

• 763 posts
    September 1, 2016 3:01 PM PDT

You guys are way too trusting!

... Notice how the archery targets are just past the dummies?

... With an elevated position (the stairs) from which you could fire?

... With flagstones to calculate the exact distance of shortfall you need to allow for???

Well, *this* Summoner has no intention of being target practice for some scuzzy bandit archers....

.... but i may offer 'corpse dragging services' afterwards.... *cough* .... errr for a modest fee!

• 334 posts
    September 1, 2016 4:06 PM PDT

Kilsin is training again?! RIP everyone.

• 2138 posts
    September 1, 2016 4:48 PM PDT

/agree I would like ot see practice Dummy's actually improve some skill- you would have to whack it a long time to get a skill up, but, say conveniently placed in fron tof a dungeon while you are waiting for a spot in  PuG? or maybe at a general raid gathering area. Something to do for those few minutes. Provided, a dummy or target is open!.

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:45 PM PDT

Rominian said:

Haha, I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to spot it! :D

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:46 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

Pretty cool shot Kilsin!!  Will there be venders close to upgrade gear for testing and such? 

Ox 

Most likely but this is not necessarily going to be for you folks to train, it may be a bandit training camp for all you guys know ;)

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:47 PM PDT

Koreno said:

So far just for looks, we do have working dummies in our secret dev hideout but not sure if we will use them on the live servers, there are a number of pros and cons to consider with balance and abilities so that is something we will discuss more probably during testing ;)

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:48 PM PDT

werzul said:

those lamp posts look like a hangmans gallows...

Multi-purpose! Everyone better behave themselves :D

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:49 PM PDT

Amsai said:

Kilsin said:

lyrina said:

You dont know the people I have to work around Kilsen! I quad kite dummies all the time in RL! >.>

Hahaha, I know a few myself outside of VR :)