Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What could possibly go wrong?

• 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 3:58 AM PDT

Those look like storm clouds overhead, I should set up camp in those ruins, what could possibly go wrong?

• July 21, 2016 4:10 AM PDT

what's differently going wrong is that you're taking shelter in a place full of monsters, so you either kill or get killed :D

• 724 posts
    July 21, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

You're a rogue, right? No problem hiding yourself from any trouble...however, I'd think twice about making a campfire :)

• 200 posts
    July 21, 2016 4:50 AM PDT
    You seem to like trouble Kilsin, with the campsites you pick :D.

Love the arches, would enjoy going on a walk there (with a group that is *grins*).
    • 1434 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:32 AM PDT

Sarim said:

You're a rogue, right? No problem hiding yourself from any trouble...however, I'd think twice about making a campfire :)

Until a sentry mob that has a chance to see through stealth wanders by!

• 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:32 AM PDT

Shehzadem said:

what's differently going wrong is that you're taking shelter in a place full of monsters, so you either kill or get killed :D

Great, now I will never sleep! Wait..I have ale! :)

• 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:33 AM PDT

Sarim said:

Haha, yes I am and good advice, Sarim! ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:33 AM PDT

Nanoushka said: You seem to like trouble Kilsin, with the campsites you pick :D. Love the arches, would enjoy going on a walk there (with a group that is *grins*).

Haha, they look so nice at first, though! ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:34 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

Sarim said:

Until a sentry mob that has a chance to see through stealth wanders by!

Good point Dullah, I better set traps just in case ;)

• 793 posts
    July 21, 2016 6:01 AM PDT

No comment on the question, but I must say, the scenic views in these screenshots you post are just awesome. Kudos to the team.

At this point, I'd be happy to just take a walking stick and backpack and wander the Pantheon wilderness. :P

This post was edited by Fulton at July 21, 2016 6:02 AM PDT
    • 257 posts
    July 21, 2016 7:28 AM PDT

Nanoushka said: You seem to like trouble Kilsin, with the campsites you pick :D. Love the arches, would enjoy going on a walk there (with a group that is *grins*).

Ooohh, they have a McDonalds?!?! ... oh damn.. wrong arch. Oh well.

• 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 7:41 AM PDT

Fulton said:

No comment on the question, but I must say, the scenic views in these screenshots you post are just awesome. Kudos to the team.

At this point, I'd be happy to just take a walking stick and backpack and wander the Pantheon wilderness. :P

Thanks, Fulton, I try to spend a bit of time to get nice screenshots that you folks will appreciate more and I must admit, I like doing it! The team has done an amazing job on the world so far, I can't wait to bring more of these screenshot toy ou all from different areas not yet released :)

• 231 posts
    July 21, 2016 7:44 AM PDT

What could go wrong? Definitely one of the VR people training the group again!

It's also possible that an ogre would do an elbow drop on to you from the tower.

Full-size picture link for the lazy. A pretty pretty picture.

This post was edited by tanwedar at July 21, 2016 7:45 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 21, 2016 8:27 AM PDT

tanwedar said:

What could go wrong? Definitely one of the VR people training the group again!

It's also possible that an ogre would do an elbow drop on to you from the tower.

Full-size picture link for the lazy. A pretty pretty picture.

Pfft, I don't know what you're talking about, that one time I brought friends to the party went unappreciated! :D 

• 231 posts
    July 21, 2016 8:34 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Pfft, I don't know what you're talking about, that one time I brought friends to the party went unappreciated! :D 

They didn't bring booze with them. Had you looted some alcohol and/or maybe food then the group would probably appreciate your "friends" more.

• 644 posts
    July 21, 2016 9:52 AM PDT

Lots could go wrong! 

But, it's not too congested where you will get trapped and nothing is obstructed in view.  I would use the open-ness to your advantage.......circle around from a distance to scope out the area.  My eye is drawn to the abandoned tower and its crenallations.  I would run large sweeping circles to make sure I see a safe path, then move from hiding place to hiding place until I get to the tower.  I would use pacify, mezz and memblur to get to the top of that tower where I can have a safe view of everything around me.  Then I would set a sentinel below and take a nice long nap in the sunshine.

This post was edited by fazool at July 21, 2016 9:52 AM PDT
    • 45 posts
    July 21, 2016 10:13 AM PDT

Logging Off...30 Sec...

Logging Off...29 Sec...

Logging Off...28 Sec...

A snake kicks YOU for 28 points of damage!

• 207 posts
    July 21, 2016 10:33 AM PDT
    Taking shelter from the storm...storms must be very treacherous! What's more fun....facing the harshness of mother nature or venturing deep into an unknown area....decisions decisions
    • 432 posts
    July 21, 2016 3:17 PM PDT
    Thank you for the update kilsin! Love to see more of the world.

Sent via mobile

-Todd
    • 1 posts
    July 21, 2016 4:32 PM PDT

I really want to explore the wooded area in the background.

• 430 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:31 PM PDT
    Be careful of all those spirits and ghosts , need me a shaman to sleep well tonight /wink
    • 279 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:47 PM PDT

As you are walking down the winding path leading to the Tower far off in the distance talking with your adventuring companions about the possibility of plunder and adventuring experience. Laughing at the cleric's jokes, when you feel a strange tenseness in the air, followed by a sound almost inaudible. Instinctively you turn towards the sound, in time to see the world erupt into chaos, A loan rogue is running at full speed, behind him... A trail of monsters the likes of which you have never seen.

You have just enough time to utter a curse, before the stampede comes throttling in. The last thing you see while hovering over your corpse before hitting respawn.

Kilsin says "oops"

• 430 posts
    July 21, 2016 5:54 PM PDT
    The Shaman was well prepared with all those herbs collected and was able to allow the group to go unnoticed .. Alchemy FTW
    • 2138 posts
    July 21, 2016 6:55 PM PDT

Well, according ot the scrap of note we found, this must be the "double-arch entrance" and if we "pass under the double-arch entrance then *illegible* * illegible* glory *illegible* *illegible*  straight on the path of *illegible* and the final majesty of *illegible* * illegible* awaits all who *illegible* if they turn not to the right or the left"  So it looks like we head that way...The group would pause just behind that rock with the tree, and then I would ask the Tank to go and see what's there and if its clear. 

• 17 posts
    July 21, 2016 7:33 PM PDT

No camping here or in the ruins.  Wood elf says both are too exposed.  Need to get closer to the tree line.  There may be dragons about!