Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Max Level Characters

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:53 AM PDT

tehtawd said:

Kilsin said:

How many, if any, max level characters have you had in an MMORPG before and which game did you have the most in?

Goodmorning Kilsin, why are you awake at 3am? Aren't you in Cali?

Max Lvl characters. (Includes end-game RAIDING content)

World of Warcraft: 6 (It's too easy to lvl in WoW these days, but the first 3 warriors I made [yes 3 of the same class, I was crazy] were fun.

Neverwinter: (oddly enough I lvl'd mostly through PVP, never done that before ... Tank class in their PVP is fun.)

Final Fantasy XIV: (Not a big fan of this game. But husband loved it. Their 'tanking' was not very fun.)

It's either humbling or reassuring to know I've not lvl'd to max in all the mmo's i've played. A lot of the time in that wierd 1/2 or 3/4 way to max lvl it becomes lonely and a solo-fest, I just can't take it and I move on. Honestly if I could get past that bump in the road the games i'd finish would be, Tera, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online.

Hmmmm, no wonder my wife has been somewhat annoyed with me in the past. 

Aw :(

I guess i'm lucky my husband plays mmo's with me. The only problem is when he quits I usually get peer-pressured into quitting as well. I mean, i'm not going to play alone, I mean ... I try but then it's 'poor lonely todd!'

Good topic Kilsin!

Good morning my friend, nice list :)

I am in Australia and it is just about to hit 1am at this time of this post ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:54 AM PDT

Arucard said:

I had a max lvl of every class in eq 1 but i boxed. In vanguard i had a DK and Shm. In rift i had max lvl mage and had 2 max lvls in AO. In EQ2 i had 2 max lvls cle and SK. DAoC i had a shm. In WoW had Mage and DK max lvl. Had alot more in other games. Will say in eq only every had 3 toons with max AA's out of all mine wiz ,ranger and SK. One of my fav thing to do in MMO's is lvling toons just something about hitting that next lvl and getting stronger and movieing on to next zone.

Nice, Arucard :)

• 279 posts
    July 18, 2016 8:24 AM PDT
    Eq 1: 6 paladins 3 sks 1 warrior 2 cleric 2 wizards 3 bards 2 enchanters 1 beast 1 ranger 1 zerker 1 magician 1 necromancer 1 rogue 2 monks

Daoc 1 paladin 1 warden 1 valkyrie

FFXI 1 to on maxed paladin ninja red mage and warrior on it

Vg 1 paladin 1 SK

Wow 1 paladin 1 SK that was close when I quit

Wife and daughter have 1 or 2 in each of those games except FFXI, as well.
    • 432 posts
    July 18, 2016 8:43 AM PDT

Oh my wife plays MMOs with me. So does our son (sometimes). The problem is that she's so much more busy than I. So not only is she annoyed that I am spending the time to play, but also that I'm getting to play more than her and outleveling her ;)  

Oh wow, yea ... I know how that goes. I'm kind of in your wife's shoe's then, I get pissed when i have to do important things and that lazy@$$ just sits around. There's nothing wrong with sitting around, no offence, it's just I want be a lazy @$$ and sit around too! Stupid adulting.

Good morning my friend, nice list :)

I am in Australia and it is just about to hit 1am at this time of this post ;)

ERMAGRD Kilsin! Go to sleeep! lol

-Todd

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 8:56 AM PDT

Sunmistress said: Eq 1: 6 paladins 3 sks 1 warrior 2 cleric 2 wizards 3 bards 2 enchanters 1 beast 1 ranger 1 zerker 1 magician 1 necromancer 1 rogue 2 monks Daoc 1 paladin 1 warden 1 valkyrie FFXI 1 to on maxed paladin ninja red mage and warrior on it Vg 1 paladin 1 SK Wow 1 paladin 1 SK that was close when I quit Wife and daughter have 1 or 2 in each of those games except FFXI, as well.

Nice, Sunmistress! :)

• 200 posts
    July 18, 2016 9:02 AM PDT
    I had my cleric in EQ (played from 1999-2001). I had a few alts but nothing serious, just for relaxation and curiosity's sake. I liked the focus on one character. I've noticed since then in other games that if I create too many alts that manage to reach max level, I'm not truly enjoying the game as a whole anymore. I'm just wasting time then (I mean that in a good way btw haha) instead of being attached to my character and therefore the game :). I think those add up to at least 12 max level chars scattered around a few games.
    • 184 posts
    July 18, 2016 9:39 AM PDT

I had maxed Characters in the following games:

EverQuest - 5
    EverQuest 2 - 1
    Vangaurd - 6
    WOW - 5
    Dark Age of Camelot - 1
    Rift - 3
    SWOTR - 3
    Conan - 1

Rint

• 1778 posts
    July 18, 2016 9:52 AM PDT
    Not big on alts so the only games I haf more than 1 max level was XI and XIV (though I couldnt hang with that game). In XI I had Ninja, Ranger, Bard, and secretly Whitemage (only leveled it for teleport and raises dont really like healing)
    • 231 posts
    July 18, 2016 10:25 AM PDT

EQ: I wanna say ~8 across many years and two accounts. Though I only raided on the bard from what I remember. The others were leveled for fun and eventually botted the second account with a cleric and maybe something else beyond a baz mule while playing the main account / offline.

WoW: 10+ across two accounts. That game was too easy to level in. Only two were used for endgame raiding though and at different times.

Rift: 3

FF14: Whatever the ranger was.

Pretty sure that's it for me. I remember when I first started I was ~12 and my little brother (9) had an account too and would constantly restart a character. Sometimes it would be him getting a monk to lvl 10 and then deleting it just to make another monk of the same race and everything. God that frustrated me to no end.

This post was edited by tanwedar at July 18, 2016 10:26 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 3:35 PM PDT

Nice folks, lots of hours spent developing your characters :)

• 15 posts
    July 18, 2016 4:00 PM PDT

EQ1 : Enchanter and SK

EQ2: Assassin

WOW: Rogue, Paladin, Mage, Priest, Shaman

Vanguard: Ranger, Wizard

Warhammer: DoK

LOTRO: Ranger, LM

Rift: Caster Class,

GW1 and GW2: Ranger, Elementalist

SWTOR: All Sith side.

Man now looking at this list, I have played to much and I know I have missed some on the list too... Can't wait for this game, hope it is finally the key to a MMO that is worth the time and effort to stay with and create a great community and tons of new friends like EQ1 did.

• 80 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:06 PM PDT

I didn't make it to a max level ever. :(

Played EQ and EQ2 though

• 1860 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:08 PM PDT

Reht said:

philo said:

I usually only have 1 or 2.  But maybe I play differently than some others here who seem like altaholics with 10 or more?  I tend to play 1 character until it has every single thing possible it could attain in game that could increase its power...raid items/achievements/alternate advancement etc.  I like to max out characters, not just levels.

They aren't mutually exclusive - i maxed out my main characters and had alts.  Boxing facilitates getting your drops in EQ. 

You multiboxed BiS gear in eq hmm?  Any gear that you can multibox is not what I'm referring too lol

I've had people tell me they do that in games before and then I point out things that could benefit them...even slightly in a very rare situation...that might take them months of farming etc.   It is a reoccuring issue lately that people don't understand my point of view on games.  It is fine.  I'm not looking to get in depth about it in a public forum...though you can pm me if you are interested in further discussion.

This post was edited by philo at July 18, 2016 5:15 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:10 PM PDT

Just one, a 70 (or 75?) Level erudite mage. with red shoes. I had to stop because of a major life event (we all moved to Florida) and it took some time to get settled.  

• 25 posts
    July 19, 2016 1:47 PM PDT

I had 2 in EQ, that was the only mmo I ever really got into.

• 264 posts
    July 19, 2016 2:28 PM PDT

Everquest: Qty. 1 ea. Max Wizard when 65 was max. Qty 1 ea. Max Necromancer when lvl 60 was max. 

WoW: Qty. 1 ea. Max Mage lvl 100 

EQ 2: Qty. 1 ea. lvl 95 Max Wizard at the time ( maybe up to 100 now ?) 

I am no longer playing any of these games, but at the time they were Max level . But as Kilsin said "Have you had " not , Do you have.  My Wow Mage may still be at Max lvl in that game. 

This post was edited by Skycaster at July 20, 2016 6:57 PM PDT
    • 189 posts
    July 19, 2016 2:37 PM PDT
    EQ: 9 over six accounts
    EQ2: 1 Monk
    WoW: 1 Warlock
    Daoc: 1 Bard, 1 Shaman, 1 Nightshade
    • 2419 posts
    July 19, 2016 6:16 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

How many, if any, max level characters have you had in an MMORPG before and which game did you have the most in?

Well given EQ1 kept upping the level cap every damn expansion, unless you're still playing and are at the level cap right now anybody else who says they have max level EQ1 characters is lying.  :)

I'll thusly answer when I left EQ1 the level cap was 85 and I had 5 level 85 characters all fully keyed for every dungeons and raidzone upto that point.  3 had epic 2.0, 2 had epic 1.5

• 62 posts
    July 19, 2016 9:34 PM PDT

My number of max characters? Wow. That is a toughie. Not counting promo level ups or expansions after reaching the then max level:

1 in EQ - Monk

2 in WoW - Mage and Monk

2 in CoX - Psych Dom and Ninjitsu Stalker

2 in Rift - Warrior and Rogue archetypes

1 in B&S - Warlock (I know, I know - too easy and OP, but it took me a week because I farmed many outfits from world bosses.)

I have far too many alts to count over dozens of MMORPGs. Raiding and PvP don't particularly interest me, so max level isn't as important to me. It just means retirement for that character, because the next stretch of content in an expansion is normally geared toward raiding, instead of where the money is (in my opinion); new races and classes, complete with new lands to explore and new starting zones. In short: new players. Alts keep me from moving on from a game. I don't much care for having one or two character slots because I like to try on the personality of a character as well as fiddle with the character creator endlessly. When I do find a good match that I can role-play with and love playing, then I don't care as much about hitting the max level.

• 17 posts
    July 20, 2016 6:42 PM PDT

EQ - 5 

WOW -- 4

Rift -- 2

AOC -- 1 if I remember.

SWTOR -- 5

Tera -- 4

Probably more games, but I dont care to talk about them LOL.

Ryk

• 578 posts
    July 20, 2016 8:00 PM PDT

The most alts I've ever made/played was in VG but I only had 1 max level character in it.

1 max in WoW and 1 max in Rift. And 1 max in EQ and in EQ2.

• 430 posts
    July 20, 2016 11:18 PM PDT
    EQ - 2 characters maxed at time I stopped playing ( shaman , Mage
    Eq 2 - 6 if I recall ( conjurer , necro , mystic , illusionist , warden , coercer )
    Vanguard -( the Rakurr and thuurgin , disciple , Druid , blood Mage .
    Wow ( shaman , ) was not my cup of tea hehe
    ESO /- to many to count to easy to do anything
    D&D ^^^ same ^^^
    • 200 posts
    July 21, 2016 2:36 AM PDT

WoW before i've quit the game: 3

WoW classic on a private server: 3, soon 4

The elder scrolls online before i have quit the game: 2

I have also tried many other MMORPGs but i have quitted them before reaching maximal level. Mostly because the games were boring or not immersive or too easy.

Greetings

• 763 posts
    July 21, 2016 3:17 AM PDT

EQ - Max Mage (Epic), Cleric (Epic)

CoH - Max Tank (Mace/Shield)

EQ2, VG, DaoC, ESO, WoW, D&D, AoC and too many more to mention could not keep interest to get all the way to Max (That and my growing Alt-aholism).

PS fell asleep playing Mage in WOW and found myself 2 things... 

(i) had QWERTY imprinted on my forehead (backwards).

(ii) that I had managed to level to lev45 from virtually nothing.

.... since I had not grouped or spoken to anyone..... /quit.

• 7 posts
    July 21, 2016 10:34 AM PDT

I had one or two in about 10 different games.  EQ and EQ2 were the ones I enjoyed and played the most though.  EQ I had four (magician, enchanter, shaman, and warrior) and in EQ2 I had 11 different ones.  I really like just playing one but you get to the point were you have maxxed your character are geared up and you just play the main for raids, at least for me.  The alts seem to add up after that.

Based off Evoras posts I need to see if there is a thread on falling asleep stories. I have quite a few from EQ trying to balance college and long plane raids/camping areas.