Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Max Level Characters

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 3:58 AM PDT

How many, if any, max level characters have you had in an MMORPG before and which game did you have the most in?

• 51 posts
    July 18, 2016 4:23 AM PDT

Everquest I had 5 max level characters on 3 different accounts.

• 1434 posts
    July 18, 2016 4:29 AM PDT

I'm usually a one character type of guy. Fully assume the role I play (both class and character), and aim to do it big.

I had 2 max levels in EQ on two different servers, but mainly because I switched to a PvP server. Had two max levels in WoW. Most other games I only had one max character.

I've accumulated quite a few max level characters on p99 servers, but thats mostly because the lack of new content on an emulated server forces you to start over if you want to both play and continue progressing.

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 4:38 AM PDT

Krallor said:

Everquest I had 5 max level characters on 3 different accounts.

Nice, Krallor, 5 would have taken you a while unless you boxed them ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 4:41 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

I'm usually a one character type of guy. Fully assume the role I play (both class and character), and aim to do it big.

I had 2 max levels in EQ on two different servers, but mainly because I switched to a PvP server. Had two max levels in WoW. Most other games I only had one max character.

I've accumulated quite a few max level characters on p99 servers, but thats mostly because the lack of new content on an emulated server forces you to start over if you want to both play and continue progressing.

Yeah, nice man, I started out as a one character per game myself but somewhere along the road I started creating characters that my guild needed to help us with raids and I ended up with 12 level 55's in VG, 6 level 55 Crafters (1 of each) and 10 of them were max level 50 Diplo, it just became fun to play other classes and mess around when my main was camped somewhere or had done everything and was only a raider from that point on, it also helped me be a better raid leader knowing all of the classes abilities, buffs, debuffs etc. but I still pick one main that I put 100% into and just play alts during down time for fun when I have nothing to do on my main.

• 1303 posts
    July 18, 2016 4:50 AM PDT

Everquest: 4
    Everquest 2: 5
    SWG : 1
    Vangaurd : 1
    WoW: 8
    DAoC : 1
    Warhammer Online : 1
    Rift : 1
    Tabula Rasa : 1
    SWOTR: 1

Everquest P99 : nearing the first one :)   

Hmmmm, no wonder my wife has been somewhat annoyed with me in the past. 

• 105 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:15 AM PDT

I had 4 in EQ2.  One in EQ.  One in Rift.  Too many other games failed to hold my attention enough for me to max a character.

• 91 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:17 AM PDT

EQ:

Level 60 Magician

Level 60 Wizard

EQC:

Current Level 24, Server still in Dev :P

EQ2:

Level 100 Magician

WOW:

Level 100 Magician

VSoH, SWG, SWTOR, UO and tons of other MMOs:

Cant remember ;).

Most i played EQ. I spend alot of time there, socializing or camping rares. I cant even count the 1000s of Hours i spend there.

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:19 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Everquest: 4
    Everquest 2: 5
    SWG : 1
    Vangaurd : 1
    WoW: 8
    DAoC : 1
    Warhammer Online : 1
    Rift : 1
    Tabula Rasa : 1
    SWOTR: 1

Everquest P99 : nearing the first one :)   

Haha, yeah man, when you think how long it takes for each one, your wife can justify her aggro at times, but nice job ;)

• 9115 posts

Marilee said:

I had 4 in EQ2.  One in EQ.  One in Rift.  Too many other games failed to hold my attention enough for me to max a character.

Nice, Marilee, that is still a good effort :)

• 9115 posts

lyrina said:

EQ:

Level 60 Magician

Level 60 Wizard

EQC:

Current Level 24, Server still in Dev :P

EQ2:

Level 100 Magician

WOW:

Level 100 Magician

VSoH, SWG, SWTOR, UO and tons of other MMOs:

Cant remember ;).

Most i played EQ. I spend alot of time there, socializing or camping rares. I cant even count the 1000s of Hours i spend there.

Haha, nice man, I see a trend of magicians! ;)

• 34 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

When I left EQ last year, I had a max level (105) rogue, enchanter, ranger, and shaman. They were all on separate accounts and boxed.

I get attached to my characters, so I don't really like 'starting over' without them (thus the separate accounts).

• 308 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:41 AM PDT

Everquest - 12  

DAoC - 10

WoW - 6

Rift - 5

Neverwinter - 5 

Warhammer Online - 1

Old Republic - 1

Guild Wars 2 - 1

Like most others, played a bunch of others games that fizzled out before max level.

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:43 AM PDT

Xaruk said:

When I left EQ last year, I had a max level (105) rogue, enchanter, ranger, and shaman. They were all on separate accounts and boxed.

I get attached to my characters, so I don't really like 'starting over' without them (thus the separate accounts).

Yeah, nice Xaruk and that is understandable :)

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 5:44 AM PDT

Reht said:

Everquest - 12  

DAoC - 10

WoW - 6

Rift - 5

Neverwinter - 5 

Warhammer Online - 1

Old Republic - 1

Guild Wars 2 - 1

Like most others, played a bunch of others games that fizzled out before max level.

Nice, Reht, a few hours spent on that list by the looks of it man ;)

• 308 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:04 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Actually it wasn't that bad, i only had 3 max level characters on 2 accounts in EQ before House of Thule expansion.  After they added the recruit a friend program, i went to 4 accounts and leveled the rest mainly boxing.  I also took advantage of the recruit a friend program to get 2 friends to play WoW, helping them level them got me a bunch of level 60 characters with no work, just had to finish them off.  I boxed in DAoC pretty early on and found a sweet a spot where i could just PL my alts quickly.  

• 207 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:10 AM PDT
    The mmos I've played allowed you to have multiple classes/jobs on one character, so while I have a few characters that were at max level, I've played many many classes and jobs at max level...somewhere around 13 or so
    • 1860 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:14 AM PDT

I usually only have 1 or 2.  But maybe I play differently than some others here who seem like altaholics with 10 or more?  I tend to play 1 character until it has every single thing possible it could attain in game that could increase its power...raid items/achievements/alternate advancement etc.  I like to max out characters, not just levels.

• 432 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

How many, if any, max level characters have you had in an MMORPG before and which game did you have the most in?

Goodmorning Kilsin, why are you awake at 3am? Aren't you in Cali?

Max Lvl characters. (Includes end-game RAIDING content)

World of Warcraft: 6 (It's too easy to lvl in WoW these days, but the first 3 warriors I made [yes 3 of the same class, I was crazy] were fun.

Neverwinter: (oddly enough I lvl'd mostly through PVP, never done that before ... Tank class in their PVP is fun.)

Final Fantasy XIV: (Not a big fan of this game. But husband loved it. Their 'tanking' was not very fun.)

It's either humbling or reassuring to know I've not lvl'd to max in all the mmo's i've played. A lot of the time in that wierd 1/2 or 3/4 way to max lvl it becomes lonely and a solo-fest, I just can't take it and I move on. Honestly if I could get past that bump in the road the games i'd finish would be, Tera, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online.

Aw :(

I guess i'm lucky my husband plays mmo's with me. The only problem is when he quits I usually get peer-pressured into quitting as well. I mean, i'm not going to play alone, I mean ... I try but then it's 'poor lonely todd!'

Good topic Kilsin!

• 308 posts
    July 18, 2016 6:58 AM PDT

philo said:

I usually only have 1 or 2.  But maybe I play differently than some others here who seem like altaholics with 10 or more?  I tend to play 1 character until it has every single thing possible it could attain in game that could increase its power...raid items/achievements/alternate advancement etc.  I like to max out characters, not just levels.

They aren't mutually exclusive - i maxed out my main characters and had alts.  Boxing facilitates getting your drops in EQ.  As tehtawd accurately stated, WoW was just easy to level and honestly, to get good gear.  DAoC wasn't much harder.  Working on alts actually became more important to me after i maxed out my mains - which was pretty quick.

This post was edited by Reht at July 18, 2016 7:00 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:41 AM PDT

I had a max lvl of every class in eq 1 but i boxed. In vanguard i had a DK and Shm. In rift i had max lvl mage and had 2 max lvls in AO. In EQ2 i had 2 max lvls cle and SK. DAoC i had a shm. In WoW had Mage and DK max lvl. Had alot more in other games. Will say in eq only every had 3 toons with max AA's out of all mine wiz ,ranger and SK. One of my fav thing to do in MMO's is lvling toons just something about hitting that next lvl and getting stronger and movieing on to next zone.

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:49 AM PDT

Reht said:

Kilsin said:

Actually it wasn't that bad, i only had 3 max level characters on 2 accounts in EQ before House of Thule expansion.  After they added the recruit a friend program, i went to 4 accounts and leveled the rest mainly boxing.  I also took advantage of the recruit a friend program to get 2 friends to play WoW, helping them level them got me a bunch of level 60 characters with no work, just had to finish them off.  I boxed in DAoC pretty early on and found a sweet a spot where i could just PL my alts quickly.  

Nice, that isn't too bad at all :)

• 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:50 AM PDT

Grimix said: The mmos I've played allowed you to have multiple classes/jobs on one character, so while I have a few characters that were at max level, I've played many many classes and jobs at max level...somewhere around 13 or so

Yeah, that is a good point Grimix, it is interesting to see the differences in those games and games like Pantheon, I prefer the Pantheon type games myself and would rather have a main that can do their role well but need to rely on others to do theirs, but it is a personal preference ;)

• 1303 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:52 AM PDT

tehtawd said:

It's either humbling or reassuring to know I've not lvl'd to max in all the mmo's i've played. A lot of the time in that wierd 1/2 or 3/4 way to max lvl it becomes lonely and a solo-fest, I just can't take it and I move on. Honestly if I could get past that bump in the road the games i'd finish would be, Tera, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online.

Agreed. There are another 10 or more MMOs that I've played but that I've only been willing to play for limited periods. Ironically, solo'ing isnt usually a factor. It's usually more so the lack of depth, or the feeling that I'm stuck on rails on where to go, what to kill, etc. 

tehtawd said:

Aw :(

I guess i'm lucky my husband plays mmo's with me. The only problem is when he quits I usually get peer-pressured into quitting as well. I mean, i'm not going to play alone, I mean ... I try but then it's 'poor lonely todd!'

Oh my wife plays MMOs with me. So does our son (sometimes). The problem is that she's so much more busy than I. So not only is she annoyed that I am spending the time to play, but also that I'm getting to play more than her and outleveling her ;)  

This post was edited by Feyshtey at July 18, 2016 7:52 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 18, 2016 7:52 AM PDT

philo said:

Nice, Philo, I actually do the same, I have a main character that will get all of my love and attention and gets first dibs on everything then I have a lot of alts that I play around with for fun that will eventually make it to level cap once my main has nothing left to do :)