Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

DirectX __ ?

• 613 posts
    July 28, 2016 4:05 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Oxillion said:

Aradune said:

The Client is already 64bit.

I would assume, by launch, we'll be using DX12, but we are currently DX11.

I'll ping our CTO and see if he wants to add/correct anything.

I know Unity supports DX12 but how big a deal is it to alter code to accept the change?  More of a curiousity on that.  Also with current development does it makes sense to develope using DX12 or sit at DX11?

Ox

I could guess, but I would rather let my CTO/Lead Programmer answer -- will ping him about this thread.

Thanks Brad! 

Ox

• 28 posts
    July 29, 2016 1:18 AM PDT

Hey Oxillion,

It is quite likely that we will migrate to DirectX 12 prior to release, and the transition shouldn't be too difficult.

At this stage we haven't made the switch due to the fact that Unity's DirectX 12 support is still relatively new and we'd rather be spending time on productive development rather than dealing with a new set of unexpected issues.

• 23 posts
    July 29, 2016 3:59 AM PDT

Sarudan said:

Hey Oxillion,

It is quite likely that we will migrate to DirectX 12 prior to release, and the transition shouldn't be too difficult.

At this stage we haven't made the switch due to the fact that Unity's DirectX 12 support is still relatively new and we'd rather be spending time on productive development rather than dealing with a new set of unexpected issues.

Awesome news.

So excited to see what you guys can deliver with DX12.