Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Shaman Reveal on MMORPG

• 556 posts
    June 14, 2016 1:39 PM PDT

I agree Ox. I'm withholding all judgement until I can get into the Alpha and see it all for myself. I still have no clue what class I plan to roll with. Normally do tanks but never know, may swap it up this go round. 

• 9115 posts
    June 14, 2016 7:52 PM PDT

Rachael said:

Nice info and art, sounds very interesting, I may have to give it a try.

I'm a little confused as to why it wasn't released here on the official forums for contributors first though.

We sometimes use Class and Lore releases, among other things, to gain more reach and do exclusive deals with gaming media to help us grow the community and spread the word about Pantheon, while it is very important that we do this we also try to minimise the "reveal" gap so if the games media gets something to release early, we try to release it to the supporters shortly after but sometimes it will be unavoidable that we use promotional marketing to help grow the games audience and have to release it early via media rather than on our own official channels, I sincerely hope you folks understand as this is something that is extremely important for business if we want to move forward with the success of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

In saying that, though, there will always be more content that our community has exclusively over everyone else, it is just not 100% of the time.

• 231 posts
    June 14, 2016 8:02 PM PDT

I'll admit it seemed a little odd to do a release one day early on a different site. But, it was only one day and no major game info was given away that should be on the forums first.

Kil, your posting of the reason behind it is appreciated as always :)

edit: Also the fact that it was only the shaman reveal (which honestly the class reveals don't give tons of info since they can't yet) and not the whole news letter it makes it even more acceptable imo.

This post was edited by tanwedar at June 14, 2016 8:24 PM PDT
    • 378 posts
    June 14, 2016 8:54 PM PDT

tanwedar said:

I'll admit it seemed a little odd to do a release one day early on a different site. But, it was only one day and no major game info was given away that should be on the forums first.

Kil, your posting of the reason behind it is appreciated as always :)

edit: Also the fact that it was only the shaman reveal (which honestly the class reveals don't give tons of info since they can't yet) and not the whole news letter it makes it even more acceptable imo.

Spoilsport, and I had the pitch and oil to burn kilsin alive all heated up and ready.

• 563 posts
    June 15, 2016 1:12 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

We sometimes use Class and Lore releases, among other things, to gain more reach and do exclusive deals with gaming media to help us grow the community and spread the word about Pantheon, while it is very important that we do this we also try to minimise the "reveal" gap so if the games media gets something to release early, we try to release it to the supporters shortly after but sometimes it will be unavoidable that we use promotional marketing to help grow the games audience and have to release it early via media rather than on our own official channels, I sincerely hope you folks understand as this is something that is extremely important for business if we want to move forward with the success of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

In saying that, though, there will always be more content that our community has exclusively over everyone else, it is just not 100% of the time.

Thanks for the clarification Kilsin, appreciated as always :) Makes sense when you look at it that way, if it can bring more people to pantheon I'm happy :D

Just to clarify, it didn't bug me, I just thought it was a mistake, like info they were given and released earlier than they were supposed to or something :P

• 231 posts
    June 15, 2016 7:50 AM PDT

Zandil said:

Spoilsport, and I had the pitch and oil to burn kilsin alive all heated up and ready.

My apologies, I'll be slower next time ;)

This post was edited by tanwedar at June 15, 2016 7:51 AM PDT
    • 76 posts
    June 15, 2016 8:14 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Rachael said:

Nice info and art, sounds very interesting, I may have to give it a try.

I'm a little confused as to why it wasn't released here on the official forums for contributors first though.

Thank you Kilsin for this. Completely understandable...make that money!

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2016 8:24 AM PDT

Thank you all for understanding and you're always welcome :)

• 671 posts
    June 15, 2016 9:13 AM PDT

GJ VRi on the aura of the shaman and it's lore & role.

I am really excited for VRi and where the classes & races are going. The possibilities are so great, I fear upon release, too many people will have sleepless nights trying to decide on a Character to play..!

• 104 posts
    June 16, 2016 6:10 AM PDT

Hieromonk said:

The possibilities are so great, I fear upon release, too many people will have sleepless nights trying to decide on a Character to play..!

That's for sure. I want to play one of everything already.

• 79 posts
    June 16, 2016 7:28 AM PDT

Pumped about that Iconic Ability (Baleful Lethargy) as debuffs are what made Shamans so valuable in EQ. I would like to know more about their "pacts with a totem". I have a sour taste from WoW's totem system. I'm not against totems from a shaman flavor standpoint but I hope they have something new to offer that isn't as cumbersome.

• 363 posts
    June 16, 2016 4:39 PM PDT

Shamans do it with spirit.....