Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Shaman Reveal on MMORPG

• 384 posts
    June 13, 2016 10:42 AM PDT

So we got a little more info on Shamans today.  :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1006/feature/10920/Pantheon-Rise-of-the-Fallen-Class-Reveal-The-Shaman.html

What about that pic? Is that a Skar? Looks like it.

Here you go P1999:

For centuries, rumors have persisted that the mightiest of Shaman can abide in every age at once. Tales speak of a breed of masters who can discern the ancestry of friend or foe, wielding this knowledge to great benefit -- or frightful bane. But even a young Shaman can sense the threads of energy woven through Terminus’ past. A second sight draws them to the totems of those forsaken eons, in pursuit of furthering their rare power.

Therefore, disciples must often abandon the norms of their civilization, as the trappings of this present age dilute their ability to draw upon the eras before it. Nevertheless, the source of this energy is obscured by those very same ages. The deepest past is the darkest shadow. And from the untrained youth to the most perceptive of Shaman, this mystery remains sealed like the marrow in their own bones.

[Role]: Healer, Support

[Armor]: Medium Chain and Leather, Medium and Light Shields

[Weaponry]: Shaman are proficient with most simple weapons, however they tend to prefer spears, staves, and blunt weapons fashioned from wood, bone, or stone.

[Ability Arsenal]: The Shaman makes a pact with a Totem, a fount of primordial energies echoing across time from Terminus’ past. They are adept at healing, purification, and enhancing the physical attributes of themselves and their allies, but it’s the Shaman’s ability to debilitate and curse their foes that makes them a force to be reckoned with. As a Shaman grows in power, they come ever closer to emulating the very forces they channel.

[Iconic Ability]: Baleful Lethargy

The Shaman calls upon a powerful curse, forcing a waking dream state upon their adversary. While cursed in this manner, the target’s melee attack speed is severely decreased and they may become more susceptible to physical attacks.

This post was edited by Malsirian at June 13, 2016 10:45 AM PDT
    • 76 posts
    June 13, 2016 10:43 AM PDT

domain blocked by my work!!! can you post the text? Plz, thank you, sir!

Thanks again!

This post was edited by Vega at June 13, 2016 10:52 AM PDT
    • 613 posts
    June 13, 2016 10:44 AM PDT

Why those evil !@@#$%!@$#.   Was this a bit early?  Just curious.

Cool more info on the classes.  Looks like this will be an intersting class to play.   Lets see what the VoT guys make of it. 

Ox 

• 76 posts
    June 13, 2016 10:51 AM PDT

Shaman Powwwrrr! I'm torn...Can't decide what class to play! Ultimately I think my decision will depend on how the progeny system will work with heirs and the classes they can be.

• 68 posts
    June 13, 2016 11:01 AM PDT

Sounds great! I will make me a Shaman for sure.

• 157 posts
    June 13, 2016 11:30 AM PDT

Thought these came out a little later in the week ...

This post was edited by xtnpd at June 13, 2016 11:30 AM PDT
    • 384 posts
    June 13, 2016 11:38 AM PDT

xtnpd said:

Thought these came out a little later in the week ...

The newsletter comes out on the second Tuesday of each month. So yeah, unless the newsletter tomorrow is about a different class (that would be great!) they were a day early.

• 231 posts
    June 13, 2016 1:12 PM PDT

As someone who will (most likely) play a shaman, I'm thrilled to get an update. But, as with most other reveals, it makes me desire more info haha. Off the bat the iconic seems kinda weak, but I'm sure the amount of slow and/or physical damage boost will be fairly powerful in the end.

• 220 posts
    June 13, 2016 4:44 PM PDT

lets talk about that photo!

Creature to the left- skar shaman wearing some sort of plague mask? dark myr maybe , with the waterfall, i see maybe syronai's rest..

Creature on the right- could that be a revenant concept? carying a spear of fate type weapon...

Shaman vs shaman

• 1778 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:26 PM PDT

I really like the information overall. I especially like the "support" role part and the emphasis on debilitating and cursing. It does make me wonder if there would be a specialization path that would not shoehorn me into a healer role should I choose shaman. Or maybe as interesting as it sounds, this just isnt my class?

• 2419 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:31 PM PDT

As a long time Shaman player across nearly every game that has the class, I'm glad that there was more emphasis on the utility nature of the class than on healing.  It has always been the broad utility of the Shaman classes, especially as presented in EQ1, that draws me to the class.  This update reinforces my desire to focus on this class.

• 156 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:51 PM PDT
    • 82 posts
    June 13, 2016 6:00 PM PDT

I hope we get more news then this for the newsletter :x

• 257 posts
    June 13, 2016 9:02 PM PDT

I hope there won't be WoW totem spam.

• 200 posts
    June 14, 2016 2:36 AM PDT

I liked the totem forests in WoW. :) It was not as boring as buffing 60 minutes buffs for the whole raid. And some encounters like Vashj were easier with a well played shaman in the group.

Greetings 

• 563 posts
    June 14, 2016 3:50 AM PDT

Nice info and art, sounds very interesting, I may have to give it a try.

I'm a little confused as to why it wasn't released here on the official forums for contributors first though.

• 76 posts
    June 14, 2016 4:46 AM PDT

Ultra said:

I hope we get more news then this for the newsletter :x

Jinxed us.

• 769 posts
    June 14, 2016 5:30 AM PDT

Rachael said:

I'm a little confused as to why it wasn't released here on the official forums for contributors first though.

I second this.

• 556 posts
    June 14, 2016 6:48 AM PDT

Is it just me or does anyone else want a little more in depth on the classes? Don't get me wrong I am glad we get what we get but I was thinking some more background on their playstyles that are being shot for. Maybe some examples of spells/abilities. From what the shaman preview is, it looks like an exact remake of the EQ shaman with an addition of totems, which by themselves need more of an explanation. 

• 76 posts
    June 14, 2016 7:36 AM PDT

Enitzu said:

Is it just me or does anyone else want a little more in depth on the classes? Don't get me wrong I am glad we get what we get but I was thinking some more background on their playstyles that are being shot for. Maybe some examples of spells/abilities. From what the shaman preview is, it looks like an exact remake of the EQ shaman with an addition of totems, which by themselves need more of an explanation. 

Of course we want a spell list!!! It would be nice, but a lot safer to only release general things that are more solidified than aspects that could/most likely will change by launch. Careful, or you'll get Brad in here with his disclaimer spamming our screens!

• 556 posts
    June 14, 2016 10:58 AM PDT

P1999EQLandmark said:

Enitzu said:

Of course we want a spell list!!! It would be nice, but a lot safer to only release general things that are more solidified than aspects that could/most likely will change by launch. Careful, or you'll get Brad in here with his disclaimer spamming our screens!

Lol I don't need a full spell list. Just something showing how they want their role to play out both in a group and solo setting. Some info on how the totems would work would be helpful as well. 

• 76 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:00 AM PDT

You don't? I do :)

• 104 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:06 AM PDT

Enitzu said:

Is it just me or does anyone else want a little more in depth on the classes? ...

Yeah, in a way it's not much more than: Cleric will heal things in many ways! Rogues will be stabby and sneaky! Shamans will have lots of utility and some healing ability! 
    Not sure what these are "revealing".

• 556 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:18 AM PDT

Aena said:

Enitzu said:

Is it just me or does anyone else want a little more in depth on the classes? ...

Yeah, in a way it's not much more than: Cleric will heal things in many ways! Rogues will be stabby and sneaky! Shamans will have lots of utility and some healing ability! 
    Not sure what these are "revealing".

Yea this is my feeling as well. The revealing is nothing more than what we have known about them since 1998. Granted I'm sure they will be very similar but I know a lot of people are wanting to know how they will differ if at all

• 613 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:33 AM PDT

Well now that it is confirmed to be an active class maybe on Alpha and release we will get a chance to play them.  They are an interesting class regardless of the roll they will get.  Agree on the 1998 commnet but they are getting better with each version.  It will be fun to see what VR has come up with.

Ox